Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2018, 11:41   #31
BHPian

Re: 2016 BMW X1 Upgrade - Jaguar, Lexus, Mercedes, Audi or another BMW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
- Audi Q7
- Range Rover Sport (outgoing)
- Range Rover (outgoing)
- Mercedes GLE Coupe
- Bentayga Diesel

Badge and tech isn't important. Just want the S Class of SUVs which feels special.
That's quite a jump in budget from 50L to 4cr+.
Bentayga is almost 4.2cr on road. Frankly if you can afford Bentayga then might as well remove the petite GLE from your list. The price gap is 4 times.

Since you are ready to splurge, best bet would be Range rover vogue at 2.70cr which is extremely comfortable.
While the Q7 is better than base range rover sport the former is far better equipped & will save you almost 50L.
Dante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 17:09   #32
Team-BHP Support

Let me also update about the refreshed Range Rover Sports, I drove it for some distance yesterday and the new one feels different from the outgoing, Ride is much more supple though the cabin is not as large as the Vogue, sitting posture is more upright then say X5 or Discovery. So if LR India is able to keep prices around 1,10 -1,20 it's definitely something to consider over usual Germans.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 16:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Why not look at the BMW 6GT as an option?
Decent ground clearance, and should be quite spacious and comfortable inside given the air suspension, etc.

If you want something special - the Bentayga definitely stands out more than the Q7 and others you've listed.
Already have a 7 at home, had quite a few Bimmers in past... Looking for something different
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Don't know the prices in India but I checked Bentayga here in Canada, most of them are 300 K + CAD so I don't think Indian prices will be less than 3 Crores

I must add, this looks very different (read as good) when seen in the flesh, pictures somehow don't do justice. Unlike India, I could see around 6 of these, brand new, 2 ready for delivery but I am not sure if it will be a right choice for everyday use especially considering your reservations on the service.

Range Rover - they sell only LWB in India which you have ruled out and if aesthetics are not important, try Discovery over Sports, it's more comfortable and cheaper, I believe they are running some promotions on the 2017 models like 5 lac or so and perhaps more on the Petrol. Since you already own a Jaguar product, it can be a worthy upgrade.

Let me also update about the refreshed Range Rover Sports, I drove it for some distance yesterday and the new one feels different from the outgoing, Ride is much more supple though the cabin is not as large as the Vogue, sitting posture is more upright then say X5 or Discovery. So if LR India is able to keep prices around 1,10 -1,20 it's definitely something to consider over usual Germans
Yes the Bentayga is coming to around 3.67 for the Diesel but somehow the looks aren't growing on me and moreover the service concern. Thats a fabulous thing to hear about the Range Rover Sports, somehow theres a just different charm of that car and has been a dream to own and compared to the Q7 felt a lot more supple as well though not S-Class level still. If the new one is better (funnily JLR has not highlighted that the facelifted RRS and RR Vogue gets any suspension change) but if its launched soon and priced right it'll just be it. Cant wait for JLR to launch it here. Just one scare, they are plonking the puny 20d in almost everything from the Evoque to the Velar and globally the 2L diesel is now been used for the RRS. If they launch the RRS with the 2L diesel instead of 3L that they are offering now it'll be a major major heartbreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
That's quite a jump in budget from 50L to 4cr+.
Bentayga is almost 4.2cr on road. Frankly if you can afford Bentayga then might as well remove the petite GLE from your list. The price gap is 4 times.

Since you are ready to splurge, best bet would be Range rover vogue at 2.70cr which is extremely comfortable.
While the Q7 is better than base range rover sport the former is far better equipped & will save you almost 50L.
Vogue is too big thats the concern, as of now thinking that it would be the Range Rover Sport if I manage a fantastic deal on the HSE Dynamic they have in stock, if not it'll be the facelifted one.

This is the 4.4L V8 Diesel HSE Dynamic with all the possible loadings I had a look at and its the only car in a long long time to had me appear like a kid in a toy shop ever
2016 BMW X1 Upgrade - Jaguar, Lexus, Mercedes, Audi or another BMW?-553d35b49a67412db65dc655a76dd059.jpg
Coming to 1.80 cr on-road JH
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 16:45   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is the 4.4L V8 Diesel HSE Dynamic with all the possible loadings I had
Did you get a chance to drive 8 cylinders? I will be interested to have a first-hand experience from someone on the real world difference between 6 Cylinders and 8.

Quote:
Range Rover Sport if I manage a fantastic deal on the HSE Dynamic they have in stock,
Best deal I have got from Gurgaon is around 10 Lac off on Ex-Showroom. But after seeing the new one, I can safely say, you should wait. The new one is definitely different from inside and you may feel bad when it is available in few months. I believe they are already taking orders for the new.

Have you tried the Discovery? Again, they have some deals on 2017 Petrol and Diesel.

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th March 2018 at 16:49.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 16:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Did you get a chance to drive 8 cylinders? I will be interested to have a first-hand experience from someone on the real world difference between 6 Cylinders and 8.

Best deal I have got from Gurgaon is around 10 Lac off on Ex-Showroom. But after seeing the new one, I can safely say, you should wait. The new one is definitely different from inside and you may feel bad when it is available in few months. I believe they are already taking orders for the new.

Have you tried the Discovery? Again, they have some deals on 2017 Petrol and Diesel.
No haven't driven the 8 cyl as theres only one car that is this one at the dealership. 20-21L discount is very achievable on current stock of Range Rover Sport and the Discovery too but the problem with Discovery is that the second row seats are too low and almost pathetic as good as the front is. They just spoilt the second row seats or else its a very good package overall
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 13:24   #36
BHPian

Quick update guys, have narrowed down to Maserati Levante, Range Rover Velar and Range Rover Sport. The Velar because its size just feels perfect for daily use but the RRSport coz its so much more car for only about 10L more and Maserati coz of the feel different factor and some really good deals on it. I'm still having a tough time selling my X1 thanks to the crazy discount that BMW offers and I'll only commence the purchase once that car is sold so still got some time. What are your thoughts to choose between these three ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks