Team-BHP - ford mondeo 03- 6laks?? pros and cons ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   ford mondeo 03- 6laks?? pros and cons ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/19848-ford-mondeo-03-6laks-pros-cons.html)

guys i have been looking for honda city i came across a mondeo 2003 blacl ..very good condition..for 6 laks..even checked out a sonata gold 2003 for 4.75.. what say guys???

can i have some insight on these cars ? please state pros and cons.

you might want to consider selling family members to raise money for spare parts!!! LOL!! jokes apart these cars are really expensive to maintain. i know people who own both these cars.... mondeo's spares list is a sure head spinner..... and the sonata gives mileage around 6-7kmpl max!
good cars otherwise.... mondeo drives well and the sonata is luxurious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karizma_devil (Post 342399)
guys i have been looking for honda city i came across a mondeo 2003 blacl ..very good condition..for 6 laks..even checked out a sonata gold 2003 for 4.75.. what say guys???

what....did i get that right a 2003 mondeo for 6 lakhs......awesome deal...pick it up and if you dont let me know about it...

the 6lac tag might seem mouth-watering but the cost of ownership of one of these wud bring water into ur eyes. 50k+ service bills, high cost of spares, u get the picture...
it does present a big status symbol, but the ownership experience wont be as good as the car.

Great car- but parts are expensive from the dealer...unless you source them direct from the UK. Mondy parts are not that expensive from there. You could be proactive and ensure you keep a spare fuel pump for sure and plan stocking up the consumables.

Make sure you are not 100% dependent on this car and you have a standby while awaiting parts

Previous ownershp experience with big cars would certainly help because you are mentally prepared what to expect with the frequent fuel pump visits and the costly spares.If you have enough moolah to back it up why not as it gives you the luxury ,performance and the status :-)You also should get a proper scrutiny done by some good mechanic to ascertain the condition of the cars both internal and external :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 342534)
ensure you keep a spare fuel pump for sure and plan stocking up the consumables.

I mean fuel pump - which Mondeo's are notorious for, fuel pump as in not petrol bunk

Quote:

Originally Posted by karizma_devil (Post 342399)

Mondeo is one car I really wanted to own . Like you had found out its pretty cheap to buy one , but believe me its a La-W124 , except that its reliability is no where near Merc. Its got problems every where be it electrical or mechanical , ele. seats , pow.windows, Audio System, Fuel Pump ..etc . I was willing to go for it despite that problems , but the bigger problem is the car is really high tech and you really need well trained technicians to sort out her problems . So basically it will be like owning an RD 350 ..highly impractical but the exp. you get driving her is really something else . Inspite of having lower power output she can really climb to 3 digit speeds with ease........Wow just talking about it is changing my mind now so I better get out of here before I decide on her again ...:)

Hey K-Devil,

If you are serioulsy considering the Mondeo - I suggest you check out the records of the car thoroughly. I had a nice looking Mondeo available for me - 6 lacs , 18000 Kms - absolute clean car with no dents . I took the regn number and checked out service records at Wasan. And beleive me I WAS SHOCKED.

Fuel pump changed 3 times , Drivers seat motor changed 2 times , alloys cracked and was replaced, cd- changer replaced 3 times.....the list went on and on. The guys at Wasan were most helpful though...so just check up the service history before commiting.

Also critical parts like the Fuel Pump are imported and take 3-4 days to arrive , so if you are stuck with a critical part that fails , be prepared to wait for a week atleast - this coming from the dealer itself. Other than that regular parts are stocked and there will be no problems servicing the car.

All said and done , its a fantastic car but I let go of my dream of owning it and now I have got myself a.................... oops laters

And if you really want a Mondeo - I could give you the info on the car , where it is located and you could check it out.

There is a reason why a 15 lac car sells for only 1/3 the price in 3 years. With the Mondeo, its high maintainence. With the Sonata and Old Honda Accord, nobody wants them.

Yup agreed with opinions here it would be better to give the Mondeo a miss due to the high maintenance. But if you get an old gen Honda Accord for 5-5.5 in good condition & can live with the looks go for it with your eyes closed.

It would be a great car at that price & if maintained properly would not give you much trouble.

hey..
i have to agree with everyone here.. the parts are insanly expensive..i had a earlier model mondeo i think 2003.. about rs12000 at every service and i had to wait for parts..
oh i have to say though.. wonderful car and amazing performance without any mods. and those xenons are very efficient..
but i mean 38000rs for a that xenon headlight..
you better be ready for some serious spending..!

later
JRD.

Do not think about buying the black mondeo listed for 6 lakhs

It may look really nice when you see it in person, but the reality is that it is a flood affected car with a 6 lakh insurance claim on it.

The front rims are bent, touch up jobs all over, rear headlight has been replaced, front right fender has been replaced, rear bumber and trunk has taken a hit.

The dealer is a cheat trying to pass this car as a non accident car.I spoke with the owner who is a director in a french multinational company and he has confimed the insurance claim.

I had seen this car 2 months ago when it was not done up, and i rejected it in a heartbeat.

this car is not worth more than 3 lakhs.

the sonata gold is not worth more than 3.1 lakhs to a end user.

Dealers are offering 2.6 to 2.8 as an investment price for that car.

so many problems with the mondeo and still to think it got the "car of the year award in 2001"...lets hope the new model aint as bad..

The Mondeo would be one whie elephant to maintain the front door costs rs 50000 and the headlight rs30000:Shockked: .This is fully imported car that is it is a cbu .