Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 17th July 2020, 13:44   #61
BHPian

Default Re: 50-lakh budget. BMW 3GT or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The dual purpose nature of usage - self driven with a mix of chauffeur driven occasions means a G20 3 series might suit his needs well. You haven't mentioned any preference for fuel/engine type so I'm assuming both work for you - 330i or 320d. They are running some good deals at the moment, so you might be able to get one.
Thanks, Karthik. I'll ask him to check all 3 out -- C-Class, 3-series, and 3 GT. I'll also ask him to take a look at the 5-series. And regarding diesel and petrol, he has no preference. Though petrol, I think, should be a better option?

Also, none of us have any experience buying luxury cars. So is 2-4 lakh discount common place? I mean, will they just tell us? Or is this something we have to ask?

Sorry for the noob question. I've only bought an i20, Verna, and a couple of motorbikes, and the best I got was 4k handling charges waived off on my Verna

Last edited by cataclysm : 17th July 2020 at 13:45.
cataclysm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 14:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
Thanks, Karthik. I'll ask him to check all 3 out -- C-Class, 3-series, and 3 GT. I'll also ask him to take a look at the 5-series. And regarding diesel and petrol, he has no preference. Though petrol, I think, should be a better option?
The petrol is available in a cheaper 'Sport' (entry level) trim and the top-spec M-Sport trim. The diesel has a luxury-line trim which is around 5L lesser than the petrol M-sport. Test drive both of them and decide, I would say. The diesel will obviously be more frugal in the longer run, if his running is high.

Quote:
Also, none of us have any experience buying luxury cars. So is 2-4 lakh discount common place? I mean, will they just tell us? Or is this something we have to ask?
Yes, once you show serious interest and go in person, complete the test drives and start taking things to the next level, they will reveal the exact numbers and that is when you can haggle more for the best deals. With BMW, you can also check their bundled service packages (called BSI) and extended warranty schemes, they do have offers from time to time on various mileage/time-duration-based choices, more so during this Covid low-sales season.

Quote:
Sorry for the noob question. I've only bought an i20, Verna, and a couple of motorbikes, and the best I got was 4k handling charges waived off on my Verna
I can understand, I went through that grind as well

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th July 2020 at 14:18.
KarthikK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 15:30   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post

2-4 lakh is nothing, these dealers offer way more if persisted thoroughly.

I would also suggest to check out the E Class, it's a good all rounder and with a driver, your father will love just relaxing at the back.
aman-bh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 14:31   #64

2-4L is very low. You should be able to negotiate as high as 8-10L off the on road if you are persistent, patient and you choose to wait it out for a 2-3 month period.
Old 10th August 2020, 23:56   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
diablo_rojo: so what did you buy ultimately? There were some great year end and BS-IV deals on in December 2019, and I hope you managed to get your choice with discounts!

Do let us know!
Hi,

So once again, a bucketlaod of thanks to everyone here for invaluable inputs !

My story ended with a rather lame twist.

After all the toing and froing, I ended up selecting White Endy 3.2 and ordered the same, However the Unit which was shipped to Lucknow met with an accident en route to the yard and they didn't had a replacement here, hence offered me the 2.2 which I swiftly declined.

Looked in a couple of dealerships outside my hometown for a Black/White 3.2 but somehow never found one in the state, and the out of state options were too much of a hassle (temp registration/insurance / loan etc) hence decided against it.

In Feb, I decided to wait for the new Q3, or exciting offers on BS4 variants in X3 or Q5 - but surprise surprise - Audi bizarrely decided not to bring the q3 here till date, and there were no good offers on any inventory in X3, Q5 or XC60, even GLC !

Since then COVID hit and the plan to upgrade has been put on a back burner.

I am still looking in Used Car Market, for a 1-2 year old X3, Q5 Technology pack, or Even a well maintained GLC !

Also I opened up to some left field options like X-Trail, GL Class, if a good example comes within the sight.

Stay safe everyone !

Last edited by bblost : 11th August 2020 at 00:35. Reason: Please check your spellings before posting. Thanks.
diablo_rojo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 13:36   #66

Greetings.

So the 2020 wasnt kind to me just like most of us. Had to hard stop the plans for a new car and wait out the proverbial storm.

2021 arrived and began the search all over again - similar budget, similar usage and similar whims in mind. checked out the mighty Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavor sport, and finally zeroed on KIA Carnival Limousine.

The offer on the table is 36 L OTR in Lucknow for the fully loaded Limousine (Black).

+ves

- Loaaaaaaded ! all the bells and whistles apart from a really boring tachometer set up.

- Nice and pliant ride quality, really moves well in the city for such a sizable car, nice power too.

- Very comfortable middle row.

-ves

- Old styling, its a 2014 vehicle and that shows.
- Boring, old school analog driver console.
- Weird and not the best in business steering (weight, precision)
- Scrapped my parking ramp while testing.

Bit confused with the reports of 2021 Carnival Sedona coming to India next year.

Please advise, is it worth 3.6 million INR today?

Cant stand the cramped Fortuner, and the dead on parking speeds Gloster, so what else shall i consider if not the big Kia?

TIA

Most Viewed