Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2019, 13:08   #91
BHPian

Re: BMW X3 20d vs 30i dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
51L for a used GL350 is expensive, It's almost two generations old now. I'm sure Q7 is cheaper than 80L, I've seen a 63L ex-showroom as well.
Orange book value suggests about 44L to 46L for a GL350 and hence 51L is definitely expensive. There’s room for negotiation but I don’t want to take that route until I have made a firm decision to buy. It’s going to be my daily commute car and my wife Asked if I am comfortable driving a tempo traveller to work 🤪

Considering the high road tax in Bangalore is 80L OTR for a Q7 still expensive? But of course it’s a MY18 car and makes me think
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:13   #92
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I am upgrading from my 10 year old Safari DiCOR 4x4. Was earlier considering Fortuner/Endeavour. However, one test drive and was sold on X3. Will be taking delivery of a phaetonic blue xDrive 20d next week. This is my first German car experience. I checked the VIN online and it is 3rd week of June production date, however, Pune dealer claims it reached there godown in October. Please share your wisdom on PDI, Add-ons, accessories and any last minute tips etc. My running is not much. Approximately 6k kms a year but I do travel far and wide with family.

Thanks in advance,

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 3rd January 2020 at 21:14. Reason: Typo
bj96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 09:44   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
... Please share your wisdom on PDI, Add-ons, accessories and any last minute tips etc. My running is not much. Approximately 6k kms a year but I do travel far and wide with family...
I am particularly interested in knowing nuances of BSI and BRI packages. I am planning to take extended warranty (BRI) without service (BSI). Is that possible at all? For my low running and 100% self-drive use, is it prudent to go for BSI and block money upfront?

What are your views.

tia,
-BJ
Old 5th January 2020, 19:08   #94
BHPian

Quote:
I am particularly interested in knowing nuances of BSI and BRI packages. I am planning to take extended warranty (BRI) without service (BSI). Is that possible at all? For my low running and 100% self-drive use, is it prudent to go for BSI and block money upfront?

What are your views.

tia,

-BJ

Hi I own the X3 Xdrive 30i and Yes, you can take extended warranty without BSI as I have taken on my X1. Your running being just 6k a year, I wouldn't suggest going for BSI as you'll have just 1 service every 12months.

As far as accessories are considered, all-weather floor mats are a must, tad expensive but worth it. Other then that none of the accessories are worth it in general.

Congratulations on your purchase, wishing you and your family many happy miles on it! Mine is 2 months old and I'm loving it.
aman-bh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 19:21   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What are your views.

tia,
-BJ
Congrats BJ96, its a big Leap, even though your running is low I would suggest to go for the service package(BSI), since their service is also not cheap which you would have to anyways get it done at the specified intervals. Its just like an insurance cover to avoid expensive maintenance costs.

look forward to your travelogues and ownership reports.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 07:11   #96
BHPian

Quote:

What are your views.

tia,
-BJ
Hi,
I have an X3 30i and my running is about 25,000 km per year. I have taken an extended warranty, but no other service package.
I prefer to pay for the service. Please be aware that you do not have to agree to all the items that they (the service centre) propose. For example, I decline all washing and polishing, preferring to do it myself. Also, I decline an item euphemistically called "mechanical care", which itself saves me about 5K every time.
Basically, I will decline any service item which does not effect my warranty, including airconditioner "checking" and the like, which I think are just money-spinning bogeys. (The on-board vehicle diagnostics, or my own experience, will tell me when things are wrong). Of course, I religiously follow all oil and filter changes.
This is my fourth BMW, and we currently still have 3 in the family, having sold an e90 3 series after running it over 120K. (It still runs beautifully).
Some judicious scrutiny of the service estimate before approval enables me to save upto 40 percent on the estimate, without affecting the quality of service or the warranty.

With regard to accessories, the only add-on I got was an original BMW dashboard camera. The car comes so fully loaded and configured that even more than a year of ownership later, I keep getting pleasantly surprised at all the clever conveniences that it offers. Moreover, most features are very well executed, and very logically implemented. Else, in lesser cars, some features can actually become irritants rather than a help.

(The only thing I perhaps miss sometimes in my car is "BMW Comfort Access" which they do not offer on this model in India.)

I recommend buying another original set of the fabulous carpet mats as a spare for when you are washing and drying the other (dirty) one. I much prefer sinking my feet in plush carpeting rather than using rubber or plastic mats in my "luxury" SUV. Also, the original BMW carpet mats are surprisingly hardy, belying their "soft" looks, and will take repeated cleaning and washing easily in their stride.

Wish you a great ownership experience.
Sumain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 07:28   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For a yearly mileage of around 6000 kilometers, BSI does not make sense. BSI makes sense only if you can use the car for the stipulated distance within the stipulated time.

It is very much possible to get BRI without BSI. My suggestion would be to go for the maximum BRI.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 12:34   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Revealed preference. My X3 20d is just about 3 years old and has covered just under 27,000 km. I have taken BSI + the extended warranty. Have completed 3 services so far, and am about 2500 km from the next one (3500 per MID - but it tends to decline at a rate of 1.5 km per km driven). If I continue at this rate, will have done 6 services in the 5 years. Even though it may have been cheaper without the BSI, I value the peace of mind BSI gives me - and prefer to pay an upfront amount rather than haggle with service advisers at each service.
Hayek is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 13:52   #99
Senior - BHPian

Can someone point me to the link from where I can order boot Liner for my new X3 G01. Any suggested brand?

Tia,
-BJ
Old 12th March 2020, 20:28   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggested brand?
Mine is from AUTOFORM, it was made to order. They took measurements and prepared 5D mats for cabin & boot-mat. If I remember correctly, they charged around 1800/- for the boot-mat. Nothing special, but serving the purpose very well.

Cheers,
Sail
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 20:35   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Mine is from AUTOFORM, it was made to order. They took measurements and prepared 5D mats for cabin & boot-mat
Thanks Sail for the response. Dealer has given me complimentary bmw OEM mats (two sets, one rubberized another soft carpet) for cabin. They fit great. I am interested in only boot right now. Surprisingly amzn.in has some ready to buy for older X3, not G01.

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 17:08   #102
BHPian

Hi everyone, I have a BMW X3 30i and I was wondering if my warranty will get void if I get my exhaust resonator deleted?
Old 18th March 2020, 17:27   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
Hi everyone, I have a BMW X3 30i and I was wondering if my warranty will get void if I get my exhaust resonator deleted?
Yes. It will definitely get void, at least for all the engine related components.
Old 23rd September 2020, 09:31   #104
BHPian

I am planning to book a X3 30i soon and wanted to see what is the price for upgrading to 20" LA Wheel Y Spoke (Black) via the dealer ?

Also are there any chrome-delete packages available as an official accessory ?
Old 24th September 2020, 21:33   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamAT View Post
I am planning to book a X3 30i soon and wanted to see what is the price for upgrading to 20" LA Wheel Y Spoke (Black) via the dealer ?
I got the quote of around 2.7L Rims + Wheels (ex Bangalore) if done at time of purchase (with buy back), else around 4L. Black grill cost is ~12k with buy back.

I guess Vinyl Wrapping the rims would work better for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks