Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2021, 18:17   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Congratulations, senna! Please share the delivery experience and do write a detailed review here.

By the way, could you share the details of the deal you got?

I test drove the A6 yesterday and simply loved it inside out. The engine is so responsive. And those interiors are just so lovely and welcoming.
Thank you skyliner.

The delivery experience was nice. We wanted to spend minimum time in the delivery process due to the pandemic. All documents were ready when we reached the showroom and the formalities were completed swiftly.

Regarding the detailed review, I will do that in a few days as I have been quite busy this past week. Haven't even clicked any pictures post the delivery

The deal offered was quite good and I got great discounts as the dealership was trying to close its quarterly targets. Overall price gap with the BMW grew even further. Lets just say that the final OTR was below the ex-showroom by some good amount.

I have heard from my SA that all Audi dealerships in the NCR region have fixed their discounts now to have fair competition between them(don't have much details regarding it though).

Have driven the car for about 100 kms only. One warning popped up, it was regarding central locking fault. My SA dropped by after I informed him about it, it was sorted out by cleaning some extra grease deposit on the driver gate lock.

Will try to take the car for a long drive sometime in the next week. Also planning to get ceramic coating done in the coming week. Will post pictures and a brief review once that is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Funny thing is, in spite of not having produced a single petrol X3 this year, they have increased the price twice nonetheless (once in Jan, again in April)
The word from my SA at BMW Gurgaon was that they were scheduled to get new X3 stock by July mid. The production is there, just that the demand is more and the discounts are minimal.

They had one 2021 model in stock(20d), that was sold in June mid.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th July 2021 at 12:59. Reason: back to back / spacing for readability
senna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 20:21   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW X3 20d vs 30i dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
In a dilemma between GLC 200 and X3 30i.
Test-drove the GLC 220d today to get a feel since the dealership didn’t have a 200 version. For some reason the GLC didn’t impress me as much as the X3, I guess it’s obvious (driving pleasure) . Also GLC200 is a RWD with 190hp vs X3 30i is an AWD with 245hp.

The SA gave a OTR price after discount of 66.75L on the listed price of 70L for the GLC200 after a waiting period of 2-3months. I asked if he had any MY2020 GLC in stock and the answer with a evil laugh was no, reason being there is a backlog of 160 bookings for the GLC which somehow didn’t sound convincing.

In other news saw a Denim Blue GLA 35 AMG and boy and boy it was looking hot! OTR was 70L and my dad absolutely fell for it’s looks. Sat in it and honestly space isn’t a issue with this one as was with the previous Gen GLA. Even I personally liked it a lot.

Waiting till the festive season or year-end for better deals and will take a call on the X3 30i or GLA35 AMG. Will consider GLC200 only if there is any bigger difference in the final price.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 22:37   #168
BHPian

GLC 200 misses out on many points wrt X3 petrol: no AWD, 195bhp vs 252 bhp in X3, no leather seats, stock merc audio is no match for Harman kardon of X3, wireless airplay etc. I was still willing to consider it back in Dec,20 when the price difference these two was almost 8L but now merc has jacked up prices a lot and case for GLC 200 is even weaker.
CosmicWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 00:45   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
The SA gave a OTR price after discount of 66.75L on the listed price of 70L for the GLC200 after a waiting period of 2-3months. I asked if he had any MY2020 GLC in stock and the answer with a evil laugh was no, reason being there is a backlog of 160 bookings for the GLC which somehow didn’t sound convincing.
Such a minuscule discount! Definitely better to wait for the year-end!
Although the waiting period is true due to low stock availability and 160 (seems a bit exaggerated though) pending bookings can be quite possible too due to the high pent-up demand in the Luxury Car Segment. The production levels are still not sufficient enough to match up with the high demand right now present in the market. The whole supply chain of the CKD Kits from Germany is disrupted and would take some more time to get normalized.

https://www.shop.mercedes-benz.co.in/inventory
Check this out, might help you!

Quote:
In other news saw a Denim Blue GLA 35 AMG and boy and boy it was looking hot! OTR was 70L and my dad absolutely fell for it’s looks. Sat in it and honestly space isn’t a issue with this one as was with the previous Gen GLA. Even I personally liked it a lot.
Completely agree with you on this! Visited the MB Landmark Showroom here in Kolkata with my parents, last month and was fortunate enough to experience the GLA 35 AMG in flesh. It was absolutely stunning and shockingly enough it looked way bigger than the normal GLA220d. The all-black interior with Silver Inserts and Red stitching definitely stood out from the Beige and Black crowd. In short, the car was amazing and I absolutely loved it!

Quote:
Waiting till the festive season or year-end for better deals and will take a call on the X3 30i or GLA35 AMG. Will consider GLC200 only if there is any bigger difference in the final price.
Nov-Dec will definitely fetch you way better deals than what you'll be getting now.
Having said that, consider X3 if you want Fun and practicality, both and the GLA 35 AMG if you want the Looks, Uniqueness, and "Super-Fun" factor!
Once you have seen the GLA 35 AMG, honestly, the GLC200 doesn't even stand a chance...
sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 08:08   #170
BHPian

Quote:

Did you test drive 35 AMG? From online reviews, it seems the ride quality is quite harsh and not sure if it will be a practical daily drive for our potholed roads?
Old 5th July 2021, 08:20   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Did you test drive 35 AMG? From online reviews, it seems the ride quality is quite harsh and not sure if it will be a practical daily drive for our potholed roads?
Nope didn’t test-drive the GLA35 yet, just sat in the display car. They didn’t have a test-drive car yet. Also I could find reviews only for the A35 for India, nothing as of yet for the GLA35.

Since it rides on low profile 19-inch wheels I expect it to be stiff on the road as well, will try to get a test-drive to judge how bad it really is. I guess it doesn’t get a space saver tyre as well!

I saw it this way, it’s not a full blown AMG, when I saw the car while going into the showroom I didn’t realise it was a 35 AMG, it was only when I went closer to have a look that I realised what it was. And that’s what I liked about the car, it won’t grab unwanted attention like a true AMG. Unless someone sees it from close and the badge, it’s really tough to differentiate between the regular GLA and the AMG35 version.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 5th July 2021 at 08:25.
Old 5th July 2021, 08:36   #172
BHPian

This is what I could find:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/merc...view-pictures/

"Adding to the general sense of discombobulation is a ride that's a relentless carnival of jittery movement on anything but the billiard table-smooth roads you find only in Germany. The AMG suspension is simply too stiff, and the tires—our tester was fitted with the optional 21-inch wheels shod with 235/35 Continental Sport Contact 6s—feel like they're made of solid rubber. Every tiny imperfection in the road surface is instantly transmitted into motion—vertical, side to side, diagonal—all amplified by the fact that you're sitting higher in the GLA than you would be in a regular car. And that's with the suspension set in Comfort mode, not the even stiffer Sport and Sport+."

"Sure, the engine's fun. And you get the AMG badge and grille. But the ride is terrible—a long commute on most any U.S. urban freeway in this thing would be miserable—and the chassis and steering are nowhere near engaging enough to compensate."
Old 7th July 2021, 12:55   #173
BHPian

Quote:
The deal offered was quite good and I got great discounts as the dealership was trying to close its quarterly targets. Overall price gap with the BMW grew even further. Lets just say that the final OTR was below the ex-showroom by some good amount.
I have heard from my SA that all Audi dealerships in the NCR region have fixed their discounts now to have fair competition between them(don't have much details regarding it though).
Hi Senna, congratulations on the new car! I wanted to know more details about the A6 deal that was offered to you as I am in the market to replace my X1 with the new A6 and am based in Gurgaon too.

Thanks,
Aman

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th July 2021 at 12:59. Reason: spacing for improved readability
aman-bh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 09:31   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
Hi Senna, congratulations on the new car! I wanted to know more details about the A6 deal that was offered to you as I am in the market to replace my X1 with the new A6 and am based in Gurgaon too.

Thanks,
Aman
Hi Aman,
Thank you.
The final price I got was 59. This includes insurance from the dealership and TCS(which gets refunded at the time of ITR filing).
senna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 10:14   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna View Post
Hi Aman,
Thank you.
The final price I got was 59. This includes insurance from the dealership and TCS(which gets refunded at the time of ITR filing).
Hi Senna, thanks for sharing the details. Did you get a 2020 model or 2021? There is not much difference except the engine start stop switch which is black now. And one more change which I am not able to recall.
Old 18th July 2021, 11:08   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Aman,
Thank you.
The final price I got was 59. This includes insurance from the dealership
Do post some pictures when you get delivery. Did you compared prices with Delhi West dealership? I got a quote for RSQ8 and found them pretty aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
the A6 deal that was offered to you as I am in the market to replace my X1 with the new A6
As mentioned elsewhere, it’s always a good idea to negotiate on ex-showroom prices and do check insurance from outside as well. Even if one buys everything from Dealer, it helps while negotiating. Usually, insurance is where they keep a lot of margins. RTO is usually fixed and documented.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th July 2021 at 11:11.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 10:42   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Hi Senna, thanks for sharing the details. Did you get a 2020 model or 2021? There is not much difference except the engine start stop switch which is black now. And one more change which I am not able to recall.
It is a 2021 model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Do post some pictures when you get delivery. Did you compared prices with Delhi West dealership? I got a quote for RSQ8 and found them pretty aggressive.
Got the delivery on 30th June. Unfortunately, I did not go to the Delhi dealership as I was in a bit of a hurry(wanted the delivery on 30th as it was my wife's birthday). I also had a sour experience a few years back when I bought a bike from Delhi and had it registered here in Gurgaon, so did not even try to do that this time around.

The car is running fine for the most part. However, the central locking warning which I mentioned previously popped up again. Sent the car to the workshop and the door latch seems to be faulty and is due to be replaced under warranty. The part was not in stock with them and has been ordered and is to be replaced later this week.
I have postponed the ceramic coating plans and will get it done after the peak monsoon season is gone.

Attaching a few external shots which I took hastily. Will try to do a full review sometime in August(will hopefully get some free time and be able to do better justice to it then).
Attached Thumbnails
BMW X3 20d vs 30i dilemma-img_9610.jpg  

BMW X3 20d vs 30i dilemma-img_9611.jpg  

BMW X3 20d vs 30i dilemma-img_9613.jpg  

senna is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 11:09   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
wanted the delivery on 30th as it was my wife's birthday
Congratulations again for the car and our belated wishes to your spouse.

Quote:
Sent the car to the workshop and the door latch seems to be faulty and is due to be replaced under warranty.
That's bummer, for a new car.

Quote:
I have postponed the ceramic coating plans and will get it done after the peak monsoon season is gone.
Not a big fan of ceramic, if you have multiple cars and this won't be your primary, you can go for a ceramic or something like this, recommended guys.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...ml#post4891719 (Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi))

If this is going to be your daily drive, do invest on PPF instead. Try the Expel, House of Polish in Gurgaon does decent work. There are threads here on PPF and Coating, go through these. Don't fall for "n' coatings, nothing saves you apart from the PPF.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 18:42   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In a dilemma between GLC 200 and X3 30i.
Had a look at both cars two times in the past week and today, the GLC display model was the Cavansite Blue which is not being produced any longer (Brilliant Blue is what is being manufactured now), both my parents and I were sold on this cavansite blue. But since we don’t want the Brilliant Blue and the engine is less powerful with only RWD, things are tilting the BMW’s way. Let’s see what is the best deal they come back with.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 31st July 2021 at 18:44.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 20:27   #180
BHPian

Do they have 2021 X3 petrol already in stock or getting a new one delivered? Both dealers in Bangalore told me that there is facelift of X3 coming in Sep/Oct and I should wait for that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks