Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2020, 17:38   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I also think it doesn't get one of the silly features like keyless entry or start, not sure which one...

Is this the xDrive (AWD) or sDrive (RWD)?

The 1st owner would have paid 50L for the AWD version and 45L for the RWD version, so 50% depreciation sounds reasonable, low mileage too... get it thoroughly checked out by the nearest BMW service center. Best thing on an X1 is the full size spare wheel which you don't get on any other BMW.

M Sport in 2016 was only available in xDrive (AWD) , sDrive (FWD) was introduced last year I guess.
Old 25th March 2020, 19:10   #32
BHPian

Re: Pre-owned luxury car for 30 lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman-bh View Post
I have the current generation X1. Naturally, X3 is bigger and looks more like an SUV but is also priced 20 odd lakhs higher than the X1.

You're saying the X1 is looks and performance wise 20% better than an S-Cross? What S cross are you driving my friend lol.

I agree that it is not an SUV from any angle, but BMW doesn't claim for it to be one, GLA, X1 and Q3 have always known to be compact SUVs.

If it's your first luxury car, go for it, the X1 was mine and I still have a huge smile on my face when I'm driving it.
Dear Aman you a right X3 is 20 odd lakh costlier but that is for brand new one, but when you are buying a preowned one the difference comes down to 3 or 4 lakhs only.Seconldly I was only giving a comparasion with S cross for value sake . Regarding the performance, go and drive Scoss 1.6 and you will get to know how good it was. I was suggesting to buy a better or higher model of BMW because he is buying his first PREOWNED luxury car not a new one for which the difference comes out only a few lakhs and he will not feel a need to upgrade for some time, like you have bought first X1 and then X3 as mentioned by your good self.Moreover I had said that it is my point of view and I may be not 100 percent correct and I am not stubborn about my views and you may be right too.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 22:30   #33
BHPian

Advice on a used BMW/Merc/Audi around 35 Lakh in NCR

Hi All,

Looking for advice if it's possible to get a pre-owned/pre-loved german luxury car in the sub 35 lakh range. It's for a family member in India.

Ideally I'd prefer a SUV (X1/X3/Q3/Q5) but sedan's are ok too. I'm open to both at this time. Maybe even a user defender/Range/Land Rover. We've never bought a used car in India until now so we're new to the process.

Looking at carwale, it's hard to verify the car history so not sure how legit it is. Big boys Toys has a very annoying site - more cars have a "sold" and "booked" sticker than the one's "available" for sale and most cars are beyond 50 lakh range anyway.

What other dealers/websites should I be looking at within the NCR/Chandigarh area. Would love to hear from locals.If there's a fellow T-BHP member who is selling theirs, would love to connect with them.

Also, can we get the car inspected before buying? If yes, who can help with that?

Thx for everyone's time.

Last edited by panamera13 : 30th July 2020 at 22:31.
Old 31st July 2020, 01:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice on a used BMW/Merc/Audi around 35 Lakh in NCR

Go via premium selection or MB used. Peace of mind just like buying a new car from them and you can get some sweet deals. Entire inventory is also available online.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 01:12   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Go via premium selection or MB used. Peace of mind just like buying a new car from them and you can get some sweet deals. Entire inventory is also available online.
Sure will have a look at that. Do you know if they can ship cars to the nearest dealer from all over India and are the prices negotiable or not?

Last edited by panamera13 : 31st July 2020 at 01:18.
Old 31st July 2020, 03:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
Sure will have a look at that. Do you know if they can ship cars to the nearest dealer from all over India and are the prices negotiable or not?

Prices are of course negotiable and to a good extent, certain freebies like extended warranty or service packages can also be negotiated as part of the deal and Yes, they do ship cars to the nearest dealer if needed.
aman-bh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 06:49   #37
BANNED

You have a budget of 35 and looking at a car like X1. Why buy used? You could very well get a New X1 under 40 , and if discounts increase, under 35 as well. We got a new X1 last year under around 35 on road so it is doable.
You have not bought a used car before and since you are apprehensive, i would suggest getting a new one considering you already have the budget for it. The interior space in the X1 is nearly as good as X3 but some features/ quality bits may be lesser. So it depends which car you are looking at.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 18:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
You have a budget of 35 and looking at a car like X1. Why buy used? You could very well get a New X1 under 40 , and if discounts increase, under 35 as well. We got a new X1 last year under around 35 on road so it is doable.
Yes, did some research yesterday and apparently I do see a few "sold" X3/X5's in 35-40 lakh range; X1's were more in the 18-27 lakh range depending in mileage.

I'll ask my relative if they're ok with a new X1 or a used X3/X5. BTW - I'm doing the research on their behalf I've driven the X1 as a rental for few days in US and I wasn't happy with the performance at all (I own a diesel X5 35d so maybe that was the unfair comparison).

How do you guys rate the X1 drive...torque wise? Do you love it or it's underwhelming?
Old 31st July 2020, 19:34   #39
BHPian

Quote:

How do you guys rate the X1 drive...torque wise? Do you love it or it's underwhelming?

The X1 drive isn't underwhelming, torque figures are decent enough for city traffic and highways, X3 with a 20d engine (same as the X1) is way underwhelming to drive than the X1. If you can find a nice under warranty X5 30d then there's nothing like it. But when it comes to driving pleasure between the X1 20d and X3 20d, I would suggest the X1 any day.
Old 31st July 2020, 22:28   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, did some research yesterday and apparently I do see a few "sold" X3/X5's in 35-40 lakh range; X1's were more in the 18-27 lakh range depending in mileage.

I'll ask my relative if they're ok with a new X1 or a used X3/X5. BTW - I'm doing the research on their behalf I've driven the X1 as a rental for few days in US and I wasn't happy with the performance at all (I own a diesel X5 35d so maybe that was the unfair comparison).

X1 is powerful enough for most users. But i have the diesel and it drives like a typical diesel, not peppy but builds up torque and keeps pulling. X3 is a heavier vehicle with the same engine so you can imagine the difference. If you want better performance you need to look at 3-5 year old X5 or X3 30i
Old 31st July 2020, 23:48   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
X1 is powerful enough for most users. But i have the diesel and it drives like a typical diesel, not peppy but builds up torque and keeps pulling. X3 is a heavier vehicle with the same engine so you can imagine the difference. If you want better performance you need to look at 3-5 year old X5 or X3 30i
Good to know..which dealer did you buy your X1 from? I'm leaning towards a used X5 or a new X1 within that range.

Are there any reputed boutique dealers in NCR/Chandigarh area where we can go a see a few options in person?

Last edited by panamera13 : 31st July 2020 at 23:53.
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:21   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Good to know..which dealer did you buy your X1 from? I'm leaning towards a used X5 or a new X1 within that range.

Are there any reputed boutique dealers in NCR/Chandigarh area where we can go a see a few options in person?
I bought the X1 from Krishna auto in Ludhiana. Deals were mostly the same even with Bird auto in gurgaon. Would recommend them both, was a good and straightforward experience with both.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks