Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2019, 20:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Pre-owned luxury car for 30 lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
Hi everyone, I'm in the market (once again) for a new ride.
I've been thinking about going the pre-owned route this time around even though it does make me a bit nervous as I've never bought a used car till date. But then all the cars that I like will end up costing me upwards of 80 Lakhs. Following are the requirements for my next purchase -

Budget - 30 Lacs
Monthly Running - 2000 kms minimum
Fuel - Diesel preferred, but open for Petrol options too.
Requirements - Good comfortable suspension and should be good to drive too (3.0 Diesel is my top priority).

I'm leaning towards the 530d as my primary option, that is if I manage to find a clean example. I've owned the 525d earlier and I was pretty happy with the car overall and I'm somewhat biased towards bimmers having owned a couple in past 10 years. I'm looking for good 530d's, if anyone knows of any examples, please do share the links with me.
Please do give your inputs as what other cars I can look at in the market, New or Used which are comfortable in the city while they're good to drive as well.
Here is a 520d(if you're ok with the 2.0) going for a steal on STI classifieds. It seems to be a pretty well maintained car from the pictures. I feel you should give this a shot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz4hhMnJ...=1xhf86f5f3xns

Otherwise, if you don't mind the badge, check out the Skoda Superb Sportline too! With a remap, you're set!

Cheers!

Last edited by porsche_guy : 14th July 2019 at 20:03. Reason: Forgot to add link
Old 14th July 2019, 21:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
Hi everyone, I'm in the market (once again) for a new ride which will be replacing the CLA as the my daily.
I've been thinking about going the pre-owned route this time.
Budget - 30 Lacs
Monthly Running - 2000 kms minimum
Fuel - Diesel preferred, but open for Petrol options too.
Requirements - Good comfortable suspension and should be good to drive too (3.0 Diesel is my top priority).
I'm leaning towards the 530d as my primary option, that is if I manage to find a clean example.
Please do give your inputs as what other cars I can look at in the market, New or Used which are comfortable in the city while they're good to drive as well.

VSD
Are u looking at something from the NCR region itself or are u open to options from other cities as well?There is a 2013 530d available on the classifieds section itself.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...5-Series.html/
Old 16th November 2019, 14:32   #18
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Thinking about buying new Kodiaq and was wondering about used car options for 30 lacs that will be better instead?
Old 21st November 2019, 15:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Thinking about buying new Kodiaq and was wondering about used car options for 30 lacs that will be better instead?
I was in the same dilema and went in for a 2016 w212 E class which i am enjoying a lot. In 30 lakhs you get a lot of options, I would recommend you to look into the used car Market.
Old 21st November 2019, 16:12   #20
BHPian

Which online sites are best for used car search? Also any specific used-car dealer in Mumbai?
Old 22nd March 2020, 20:54   #21
BHPian

Guys, I am looking to buy a pre-owned BMW X1

I am in dilemma with 2 options:-

20dXline Variant 2018 Model run 18k km. Still under warranty or Msport variant 2016 model run 18k km (Out of Warranty)

Msport is approx 1.5 Lacs costlier.
Old 22nd March 2020, 21:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post

20dXline Variant 2018 Model run 18k km. Still under warranty or Msport variant 2016 model run 18k km (Out of Warranty)

2018 model should be your choice for the reasons you have stated above viz. under warranty and also being cheaper. But if you want to get proper BMW experience you can find 3 series or 5 series in this budget in good condition.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 21:14   #23
BHPian

Hi Sandeep, My initial choice is a Pre-Owned Compact Luxury SUV where X1 perfectly fits in.

Xline variant is pegged at 24.5L WB registration and M Sport is pegged at 26.5L Delhi Registration.

I have never driven a BMW. Are the driving dynamics different for BMW X1 compared to 3 Series or 5 Series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
But if you want to get proper BMW experience you can find 3 series or 5 series in this budget in good condition.
Old 22nd March 2020, 21:37   #24
BHPian

X1 is never considered a pure bred BMW. Engine is same but gearbox is Asin not ZF 8 speed one which is one of best out there. Secondly it looks a crossover not a SUV. Dynamics are what BMWs are known for and only sedans can give you that feel. If you want a luxury SUV spend a few lac more and find X3 if you want only BMW. Otherwise there are many better option like nearly new Endeavour or a brand new top end Jeep Compass.They have much more street presence or character than X1 and will be much cheaper to maintain in the long run beside giving you 4*4 option if you can ignore slightly less performance.
Sandeep500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 00:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
X1 is never considered a pure bred BMW. Engine is same but gearbox is Asin not ZF 8 speed one which is one of best out there. Secondly it looks a crossover not a SUV. Dynamics are what BMWs are known for and only sedans can give you that feel. If you want a luxury SUV spend a few lac more and find X3 if you want only BMW. Otherwise there are many better option like nearly new Endeavour or a brand new top end Jeep Compass.They have much more street presence or character than X1 and will be much cheaper to maintain in the long run beside giving you 4*4 option if you can ignore slightly less performance.

I don't agree one bit. I have an X1 and an X3 and the X1 has much better dynamics, less body roll with its stiff steering and suspension, and completely sticks to the road with its superb brakes. Yes the X3 is faster as it's petrol and the X1 is diesel, but the X1 is really made for sporty driving and the X3 is much more comfort oriented.

A friend who has an F30 3 series drove my X1 and was baffled by how good it was to drive. All in all it's a fantastic car and for a good price it can be a steal.
Old 24th March 2020, 01:02   #26
BHPian

I didn't say X3 has better dynamics then X1 but it is rear wheel drive , has proper ZF gearbox which is at its best tune in BMWs . It looks a bit more SUV then X1 which doesn't look a SUV from any angle. You might be having a last gen. X1 which was real wheel driven. I didn't say that it is less fun to drive but dynamically it can't match the BMW sedans or 3 series. It is neither a sedan nor a SUV. It is very good in isolation. But overall you can say look wise and performance wise it is 20 percent better than S cross1.6 at 3 times more price.

More over you want to buy an SUV which is the first thing and does it look like an SUV from any angle and this answers the main question. If you say that you are in market to buy a luxury cross-over, then X1 fits in the scenario as its a pretty good in that classification. Cars like X1 and GLA are good buys for people as second cars who already own other cars of such brands but if you are buying your first luxury car then it doesn't fit in properly in that scenario. This is my take and maybe I am not 100 percent correct on it.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 24th March 2020 at 18:32. Reason: Punctuation and typo. Thanks.
Sandeep500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 14:55   #27
BHPian

Quote:

If you love driving, it has to be the MSport as it comes with stiffer suspensions and more/better kit than the xLine (sweet body kit, drool worthy alloys, that 3 spoke awesome steering wheel, heads up display, better interiors too, etc.,) … would you know the MSport has the xDrive (AWD) or sDrive (RWD)? And the icing on the cake - if the color happens to be Estoril blue?

BMW has revised the service costs so shouldn't be expensive to maintain.

You have only mentioned the delta, so not sure the prices are reasonable...
Old 24th March 2020, 15:02   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
And the icing on the cake - if the color happens to be Estoril blue?
I am getting exactly this colour at 25 Lacs, Delhi registration, 1st Owner and 18,000 km run. Only thing which I hate is, it doesn’t have cruise control and camera.

It’s 2016 model.
Old 24th March 2020, 15:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting exactly this colour at 25 Lacs, Delhi registration, 1st Owner and 18,000 km run. Only thing which I hate is, it doesn’t have cruise control and camera.

It’s 2016 model.
I also think it doesn't get one of the silly features like keyless entry or start, not sure which one...

Is this the xDrive (AWD) or sDrive (RWD)?
The 1st owner would have paid 50L for the AWD version and 45L for the RWD version, so 50% depreciation sounds reasonable, low mileage too... get it thoroughly checked out by the nearest BMW service center. Best thing on an X1 is the full size spare wheel which you don't get on any other BMW.
Old 24th March 2020, 17:36   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't say X3 has better dynamics then X1 but it is rear wheel drive , has proper ZF gearbox which is at its best tune in BMWs . It looks a bit more SUV then X1 which doesn't look a SUV from any angle. You might be having a last gen. X1 which was real wheel driven. I didn't say that it is less fun to drive but dynamically it can't match the BMW sedans or 3 series. It is neither a sedan nor a SUV. It is very good in isolation. But overall you can say look wise and performance wise it is 20 percent better than S cross1.6 at 3 times more price.

More over you want to buy an SUV which is the first thing and does it look like an SUV from any angle and this answers the main question. If you say that you are in market to buy a luxury cross over than X1 fits in the scenario as its a pretty good in that classification. Cars like X1 and GLA are good buys for people as second cars who already own other cars of such brands but if you are buying your first luxury car then it doesn't fit in properly in that scenario. This is my take and maybe I am not 100 percent correct on it.

I have the current generation X1. Naturally, X3 is bigger and looks more like an SUV but is also priced 20 odd lakhs higher than the X1.

You're saying the X1 is looks and performance wise 20% better than an S-Cross? What S cross are you driving my friend lol.

I agree that it is not an SUV from any angle, but BMW doesn't claim for it to be one, GLA, X1 and Q3 have always known to be compact SUVs.

If it's your first luxury car, go for it, the X1 was mine and I still have a huge smile on my face when I'm driving it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks