Team-BHP - Toyota Camry vs Honda Accord vs Skoda Superb vs VW Passat
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   Toyota Camry vs Honda Accord vs Skoda Superb vs VW Passat (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/208155-toyota-camry-vs-honda-accord-vs-skoda-superb-vs-vw-passat-4.html)

Voted for the Camry. Though the price shocked me, being used to the US prices, it's better than the competition here. Total piece of mind, spacious , feature packed and relatively FTD compared to older Camry.

If not for the unreliability of the VW, Passat would have been my choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 4571759)
That it has better resale than it's competition is an added plus.

I wonder if the Camry Hybrid (which is the only option available in our country) would have as good a resale value, considering the battery degradation which would occur over a 5-7 year duration.

Do share your view.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirWind (Post 4573150)
Voted for the VW Passat - based on past experience with the Jetta, boring exteriors but much better interiors (love all black dash/leather, wooden strip and the AC vents), service is better than Skoda (but Skoda now manages the VAG Ops in India), also VFM at the listed prices (heard there are great deals out there almost 6L off - not sure if upgrade is coming)?

Could you confirm the source of this image? From what I'm seeing he prices are:
Toyota Camry vs Honda Accord vs Skoda Superb vs VW Passat-1.png

Going by these prices and having driven all three of them extensively, the Toyota Camry Hybrid would be my pick irrespective whether chauffeur-driven or self. Apart from the sheer comfort and refinement, what's also impressive is its fuel efficiency that's 17.13kpl in the city and 19.52kpl on the highway, as tested.clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBlue (Post 4573430)
I wonder if the Camry Hybrid (which is the only option available in our country) would have as good a resale value, considering the battery degradation which would occur over a 5-7 year duration.

Do share your view.

In my opinion it would have better resale than Skoda and VW for it's Brand value: Toyota stands for reliability, which is what buyers seek. Skoda & VW stand for niggles and high maintenance costs. Forget the Superb and Camry - my Laura TDi DSG had a lower resale value than a similar petrol corolla. Heck, our Etios Diesel was sold for Rs. 1.3L less than what we got for our similar aged Laura L&K TDi, despite it being a market 'flop'!
Yes, the Hybrid will need battery maintenance and probably even replacement - but that is it - a one time battery replacement probably when the vehicle is 7-10 years old; unlike a German that will have constant niggles (AC, various sensors, DSG woes, etc.)

Just a search on carwale and other portals will show the Camry Hybrid commanding nearly 2x the resale value of a similarly aged Superb and Passat, whereas the Camry Petrol commands 1.5x the premium. That being said, unlike the Skoda and VW - spotting a camry on the classifieds is no easy task either as it sold in lesser quantities and most buyers seem to love it unlike the dozens of Superbs for sale.

I quite like the new Camry.

Lexus like for Toyota money! Whats not to like :)
The exterior is not to my taste, but then I wont see it when I am in the car.

The big draw for me are the interiors and as per the reviews, the more than acceptable performance.

Will be interesting to see if Honda brings the new Accord to India, that would be a good battle.

Hello Folks!

I recently got married, not even a month back and now looking for a used car with lot of space and features.

I'm 6'3" and hence looking for something with lot of knee and leg room especially at the back. Most of the time I myself will be driving but there would be scenarios wherein I might have to take the rear seats.

Following are the features I'm looking for:

Mandatory:
- Automatic, I'm fed up of Mumbai's congestion and I travel a lot related to work.
- Amazing AC.
- Comfortable Seats. I don't even mind installing new aftermarket seats.

Not Mandatory, but would like them:
- Cruise Control.
- Ventilated Seats.
- Sun / Panoramic Roof.

I'm looking at:
1: Accord (2009-2014) - Lot of options available and that too at really good prices. Misses out on some features though like Cruise Control, Ventilated Seats, etc. Easy Availability of Spares since there are a lot of them running on road even today.
Considering - a 2008 model, maintained with FNG. Around 90k on ODO. Installed Lovato CNG kit. Redone interior with Stanley Tan which looked nice. Maintained with FNG. I wasn't so happy with the TD since I compared it directly with another accord which is a 2009 model. Maintained with ASC with all records, both keys, no CNG, 72k on the ODO. The Acceleration was just great.

2: Superb (2009 - 2013) - Comparatively less options available. Worried about the problems with AT. Haven't really considered any or took any TD.

3: Camry - Very few options which are priced quite high and out of my budget. So not really considering but would love to due to high reliability. No TD taken or considered

4: Sonata - Can get hold of on 1 or 2. I think has maximum feature list. Very tempting, Fits in my budget. But worried since discontinued. Also I read the performance was quite sluggish. Planning to a take a TD soon, but I'm sure I'll be happy with the interiors but unhappy with the performance.

And then I also am tempted by some examples of VW Phaeton and S Classes easily available with a little stretch on my budget.
Please guide me on Maintenance Cost of all above mentioned.

Please guide me which one should I go for?

My budget: ˜6 Lakhs.

I've also set my mind to get a complete servicing done from an ASC post purchase for peace of mind or AutoRounders in Andheri. Please also suggest some good garage where I can maintain the vehicle.

I used to travel from Andheri to Vasai for my work, but currently settled in Vasai with my parents due to travel time. So, If there is a good reputed Garage in Vasai, that would be great too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akki1790 (Post 5066327)

I'm 6'3" and hence looking for something with lot of knee and leg room especially at the back. Most of the time I myself will be driving but there would be scenarios wherein I might have to take the rear seats.

1: Accord (2009-2014)
Considering - a 2008 model, maintained with FNG. Around 90k on ODO. Installed Lovato CNG kit. Redone interior with Stanley Tan which looked nice. Maintained with FNG. I wasn't so happy with the TD since I compared it directly with another accord which is a 2009 model. Maintained with ASC with all records, both keys, no CNG, 72k on the ODO. The Acceleration was just great.

2: Superb (2009 - 2013)

3: Camry

4: Sonata

And then I also am tempted by some examples of VW Phaeton and S Classes easily available with a little stretch on my budget.
Please guide me on Maintenance Cost of all above mentioned.

Please guide me which one should I go for?

My budget: ˜6 Lakhs.

Firstly, skip the VW Phaeton / S Classes. Maintenance for these would easily be in the range of Rs. 2L + / year.
Not only will these cars be 2-3 generations old, with multiple owners, but sourcing parts will be difficult as well.

Coming to the options listed : I would rule out the Camry - the Accord was far more popular so parts will be easier to source. That being said, a high mileage Accord with a CNG kit is NOT recommended.

The Superb TDi Auto could be worth considering, but maintenance would be on the higher side, especially if the example has been abused.
Avoid the petrol 1.8 TSi with the horrid dry clutch DQ200 gearbox which is problematic.

The Sonata is a good option as well, but parts could be harder to source than for the Accord.

If FE is important, none of these will please you except for maybe the Superb TDi.

That being said, I would look at options like the Laura / Octavia / Jetta TDi, Elantra, etc : You may have to compromise on a couple of features & legroom (they're adequate if no one in the front seat) but are great options otherwise