Team-BHP - Want to buy a luxury sedan / SUV with no leather used in it
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   Want to buy a luxury sedan / SUV with no leather used in it (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/208543-want-buy-luxury-sedan-suv-no-leather-used-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by superbad (Post 4576497)
Not meaning to take this thread off topic, but to avoid your cousin buying a vegan car and being surprised later on imho, kindly ask him about the following points :-
1) The carbon foot print generated by :-
- importing the car from abroad.
- running the gas guzzling vehicle, mileage of whom will surely be in the low single digits.
2) The fact that this surely isn't his/her family's only car, thus considering above point again for all vehicles.
3) Leather covered steering wheel, dashboard, armrests, panels etc.
4) Many tyres are created using stearic acid, which can be derived from animal grade products. Difficult to know how the car's tyres are sourced.
5) Structural steel is processed using chemicals which can be animal sourced.
Food for thought.

Don't forget Diesel or petrol - which are made from animals too..:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnInternetUser (Post 4576624)
Sportier cars tend to have it as an option at least. In case he changes his mind and goes the BMW route, I'm pretty sure you can get M-sport steering wheels that are compatible with almost all modern BMWs that are lined with Alcantara instead of leather.

Thanks. X5 M-Sport is in the list for the same reason. As it is not yet launched will need to wait and see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by superbad (Post 4576634)
My point of making the original comments was not to dissect the beliefs, but to state that no luxury car will come without leather on any of it's surface (at least in India).

Thanks for your understanding! :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez (Post 4576651)
Maybe I missed it but what exactly is the budget here? Both a minimum (I believe you're looking roughly at the E-Class but it would help to clarify) and maximum budget, if any, should be stated.

Budget is of S class or around that segment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathranik (Post 4576683)
I recently purchased a Porsche Macan with Alcantara seats , since I would primarily be driving it in the dreadful Ahmedabad heat. Not sure what the minimum requirements or the form factor needs are, but if a compact SUV fits the needs, consider the option.

Congratulations!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathranik (Post 4576683)
P.S. - Ownership review coming up shortly.

Eagerly waiting for it. Will share the link with him once its posted. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 4576914)
Pick whatever Mercedes you like - they all have an AMG trim they will customize for you, plus since they're CBU - they're more often than not available shortly after the model launch internationally. stupid:

Apparently they are not willing to. May be need to check with Mumbai dealers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100BHP (Post 4576974)
Don't forget Diesel or petrol - which are made from animals too..:deadhorse

Let's not go there, please.

Did your cousin able to finalize something? Please keep us posted. It might be helpful for few in future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_skyliner (Post 4576209)
Thanks but he is not keen on buying a Japanese car.

Has he considered the Lexus NX? Not sure if Lexus qualifies as a "Japanese car", but it surely does have a Vegan interior option.

Also, based on Lexus India's reputation for being customer focused, they may actually arrange one for your cousin.

Worth checking out.

Sorry for not updating this thread on time.

He eventually got a GLE43 AMG. Will share some pictures soon.

Thank you for all the suggestions! :thumbs up