Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2020, 16:23   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped luxury car for 10 - 15 lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Getting closer and closer to the dream of a used Mini Cooper S.

Lots of bells and whistles.

Price is in the ball park - perhaps a tad higher than normal but to me the slight premium Is worth paying for the first class maintenance upkeep and care of that used car.

Will put out more details as and when...
Any updates on this ride?
Old 10th May 2020, 13:41   #92
BHPian

Get a BMW 320d (F30) you can get an early one in Delhi for about 12-14 lakhs but for outright performance my pick would be the BMW 530d (F10) it is reliable and you would never feel the urge for more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj_Ahlawat View Post
....Now, I have been smitten by my friend's BMW 520d (same year 2013), however has 50k kms on clock. The guy is very particular about the servicing and maintenance and gets it done at the BMW authorised service centre. What attracts me in his ride is the sheer road presence, brand, extremely comfy seats, great ICE, safety etc.
I bought my 530d (F10) with 88k kms on the clock. The clock reads around 1.1lakh kms and it has been a blast to drive. All you need is a good mechanic who knows these cars because the BMW service chaps try to rip you off. One instance being a oil cooler gasket leak; Navneet motors did not bother checking where the leak lies and told that the engine oil sump, the oil cooler assembly and all the gaskets need replacement. Went to another mechanic who knew these cars well and he replaced just a gasket for 980 bucks labour was around 2.5k. Navneet motors had quoted around 2lakhs for the same job!

After a few parts like the front suspension, engine bedding, servicing the zf transmission.

I can say my 530 has been more than reliable and a pleasure to drive.

Attached are some photos.

Pre-worshipped luxury car for 10 - 15 lakhs?-54f4409a65f848e5a290ae685d7fdca8.jpeg

Pre-worshipped luxury car for 10 - 15 lakhs?-18b1c2389cc742d499a3428e38dc8fcc.jpeg

Pre-worshipped luxury car for 10 - 15 lakhs?-1e5da9cd67d6448eb16f924aa56bd467.jpeg

Pre-worshipped luxury car for 10 - 15 lakhs?-99aa4efe99e54f379e549d30d0e12aaa.jpeg

Pre-worshipped luxury car for 10 - 15 lakhs?-c8c4a45bf1d1467c81328f6c84ca8ed6.jpeg

Pre-worshipped luxury car for 10 - 15 lakhs?-f36d60e9c22d4823ba579510e47a1188.jpeg

Last edited by ampere : 11th May 2020 at 06:19. Reason: back to back posts merged; fixed image orientation
German_clan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 01:19   #93
BHPian

If you are okay, consider Skoda Superb Petrol MT. In another thread one member mentioned that he negotiated down to 12 lacs or something. In your budget, you can get less driven, 2016 model. If you manage to get this beauty by even 12-13 lacs, you still have buffer of 2-3 lacs for coming 3-4 years maintenance.

If you are considering Superb, to keep the maintenance costs in check, my advice would be, 1) it must be 2016 or later. 2) It must be petrol 3) It must be manual.

//Good luck.
Old 21st June 2020, 00:33   #94
BHPian

Hi all, what would be a fair price to offer for a 2010 BMW 330i, first owner and 48k kms with service records. The car is registered in Gurgaon.

Also, consider it was a CBU will it be difficult to source spares from places like Palika bhawan and Khan Market for this model?
Old 28th June 2020, 09:25   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_azz View Post
Hi all, what would be a fair price to offer for a 2010 BMW 330i.
Also, consider it was a CBU will it be difficult to source spares from places like Palika bhawan and Khan Market for this model?
2010 was when the generation changed from e90 to f30. Is this car the f30 (the one before the most current one)?. If so you should offer around 10-14 lakhs depending on the condition of the vehicle, also as this is a Gurgaon vehicle please check with BIRD Automotive regarding the service history and get a PPI done.

Spares would be easily available in Kashmere Gate and Palika Bhavan as the parts are shared among other cars in the bmw lineup.
German_clan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 11:16   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by German_clan View Post
2010 was when the generation changed from e90 to f30. Is this car the f30 (the one before the most current one)?. If so you should offer around 10-14 lakhs depending on the condition of the vehicle, also as this is a Gurgaon vehicle please check with BIRD Automotive regarding the service history and get a PPI done.

Spares would be easily available in Kashmere Gate and Palika Bhavan as the parts are shared among other cars in the bmw lineup.
I think it was in late 2012 when the gen. changed from E90 to F30 in India.
Old 28th June 2020, 12:10   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by German_clan View Post
This is the E90 330i with the 6 cylinder engine. The F30 was launched in 2012 with the 328i being the petrol option.
These engines (28i,30i) command a premium in the used car market compared to the run of the mill 20d / 20i engines, so that has to be factored in.

Quote:

Even though its a CBU, most reputed independent mechanics would be able to organize parts, though there could be a wait time for it.
Routine parts will be available easily, only engine specific may take a little more time.
Old 29th June 2020, 13:16   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
This is the E90 330i with the 6 cylinder engine....
Routine parts will be available easily, only engine specific may take a little more time.
Yes its the E90 330i with the 6 cylinder engine and has done 48000kms. Looks well maintained and the asking price is 11lacs which i believe is high as per Delhi prices. There are many ads on olx for 2010-11 model 3 series with asking prices of 6-8lacs.

I am looking for 330i/525i/530i models only because my running is quite low as I work from home and the car would be driven 3-4k kms annually. Am I correct in assuming that a 10 year old petrol BMW will require less maintenance than a diesel one?
Old 29th June 2020, 17:05   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There are many ads on olx for 2010-11 model 3 series with asking prices of 6-8lacs.

I am looking for 330i/525i/530i models only because my running is quite low as I work from home and the car would be driven 3-4k kms annually. Am I correct in assuming that a 10 year old petrol BMW will require less maintenance than a diesel one?
Like I said earlier, a 330i in good condition is quite rare so it and has a fair amount of enthusiasts who would want one compared to a 320D, hence pricing could be on the higher side. Also, most 320Ds in Delhi would have to be re-registered outside or be axed in 10 years; so that doesn't help the resale value.
Best to look around and see what other E90 330is would be reselling at in other markets like Mumbai, etc.

It makes sense to get the petrol since it is a nicer engine than the 320D, especially given your running.
That being said - a newer F30 320D may be a more practical choice.

Regarding maintenance, the petrol should be lower on maintenance since there is no turbo, etc., But even the 320D is quite reliable in general.
More than engine, the other components are shared and various parts could start needing replacement due to age.

Do read up on common issues faced by owners globally to get a better idea, and also a proper report from a good and reliable mechanic so you know what to expect.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 18:48   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Like I said earlier, a 330i in good condition is quite rare so it and has a fair amount of enthusiasts who would want one compared to a 320D, hence pricing could be on the higher side. Also, most 320Ds in Delhi would have to be re-registered outside or be axed in 10 years; so that doesn't help the resale value....
Do read up on common issues faced by owners globally to get a better idea, and also a proper report from a good and reliable mechanic so you know what to expect.
Thank you for the suggestions You are right, there are only 3-4 E90 330is available all over India on olx and all are in 10-14lacs range. I have also been looking for F30 328is but even those are rare. It seems that considering the diesels will actually be a smart and practical thing to do.
Old 29th March 2021, 11:58   #101
BHPian

What car to replace a Polo GT TSI

I've mostly been a silent "read-only" member of this forum, thanks to the rich posts covering almost every topic under-the-sun. Until, it turned out that I might need to replace my GT TSI.

Background: I upgraded from an i10 to Polo GT TSI in 2017 as I wanted an enthusiastic highway performer, safer and a quick automatic. No regrets whatsoever. We've done several long, multiday, multicity trips (note-to-self: travelogue them some day) and boy, the car has been a delight! It met all our requirements and then some.

What's up now? It's mostly been just my wife and me in the long drives and absolutely love the car. But, we now have a kiddo and call me paranoid, but even 4/5 stars rated safety (india tested Polo with 2 airbags) still feels short. That and the cramped boot makes us look for an upgrade. So, the reasons -
  1. Need: Curtain Airbags
  2. Need: ISOFIX
  3. Need: Better rear seat space; with the kid at the back (due to baby seat), wife or me move there (depending on who is driving) and it is not the most comfortable spot in the car
  4. Want: Bigger boot; Polo is a tight squeeze for luggage during long drives

When I stop and think about this, I feel I'm being too nit-picky every single time and there's no significant reason to upgrade. But, then the safety angle keeps the thought kindled.

More importantly, it does seem very hard to upgrade from the GT without losing a lot (slick gearbox, handling and highway manners).

So here's me asking for advice. Do I need to upgrade and to what? I'm looking at a budget of ~13 lakhs and open to considering used cars too. Some cars I had in mind but ruled out now:
1. New Venue: Maybe a downgrade in terms of safety
2. New Yaris: Budget stretch
3. Used A-class: Scared of the maintenance costs
4. Used Jetta: Polo maintenance hasn't been cheap and considering Jetta is discontinued this sounds little more scary
5. New Ecosport: Considered this before buying the Polo, the gearbox felt slow and in-adequate for highway (especially during quick overtakes in 2 lane highways)

Cars that I'm still considering:
1. Kushaq / Taigun: Hopefully come with 6+ airbags and may not lose out on the handling and gearbox aspects
2. Used Elantra SX(O): Good safety but may not be a match on the gearbox and handling
3. Used Volvo V40: Great safety and decent highway car
4. Used Yeti: Somewhat neutral about this considering it is a Skoda
5. Used Yaris V or VX: Very hard to find in the used market
6. Used Octavia: Again, little paranoid on the Skoda service

I've been banging my head on this for weeks now and realised it is time to ask the experts out here.

PS: Boy, Polo GT is a great package and a really tough car to upgrade from, unless there are no budget constraints

Thanks in advance, folks!
gk01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 12:12   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What car to replace a Polo GT TSI

Keep the Polo. Travel light. Use rear facing child seat. Drive safe. You will waste money trying to improve up on TSI+DSG Polo.
androdev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 12:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

Upgrading from a Polo GT TSI is indeed a hard thing unless budget is not an issue. Yours is a 2017 car which is still relatively new. It would be better to hold onto that car and see what options play out in the coming two-three years. New product launches and Offerings from VW and Skoda will be refined by then based on the feedback of the initial customers. Also some new players like Citroen and others could shake up certain segments.

With the 2017 GT TSI, how about doing some upgrades or restoration for now, as to keep the car feeling fresh. Perhaps a new set of tyres or a detailing job. In terms of luggage space consider adding a roof box. Here is a Thread from Bhpian lionell who did a similar job and also was in almost the same situation as you with a kid in the back.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-capacity.html (Added a Roof Box to my VW Polo (for extra luggage capacity))

Pre-worshipped luxury car for 10 - 15 lakhs?-1.png
Image Source: From the Thread link above.

Last edited by TrackDay : 29th March 2021 at 12:25.
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 12:40   #104
BANNED

Taigun/kushaq has to be the most appropriate upgrade that is coming soon. Or else the upcoming sedan (that would slot above the Rapid/Vento).
It would have all the features you are looking for, and the 1.5 TSI DSG combo should be better than the 1.2 as well.
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 12:59   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Keep the Polo. Travel light. Use rear facing child seat. Drive safe. You will waste money trying to improve up on TSI+DSG Polo.
Thanks; Yes, probably the wisest thing to do economically speaking. Already using the rear facing seat but the seat belt harness doesn't seem to cut-it, the seat belt is just not long enough to "snake" around the seat for a perfect snug fit. We can definitely try cutting down the travel (used to be 4-5 long trips earlier, now down to 1-2). I completely agree, improving on the GT TSI is futile within my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Taigun/kushaq has to be the most appropriate upgrade that is coming soon. Or else the upcoming sedan (that would slot above the Rapid/Vento).
It would have all the features you are looking for, and the 1.5 TSI DSG combo should be better than the 1.2 as well.
Thanks, this is our preferred option too. Eagerly waiting for the launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Upgrading from a Polo GT TSI is indeed a hard thing unless budget is not an issue. Yours is a 2017 car which is still relatively new. It would be better to hold onto that car and see what options play out in the coming two-three years...
Thanks, I have a hunch this is what we'll end up doing, considering limited new car options fitting my requirements and the tough used car market

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
With the 2017 GT TSI, how about doing some upgrades or restoration for now, as to keep the car feeling fresh. Perhaps a new set of tyres or a detailing job. In terms of luggage space consider adding a roof box. Here is a Thread from Bhpian lionell who did a similar job and also was in almost the same situation as you with a kid in the back.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-capacity.html (Added a Roof Box to my VW Polo (for extra luggage capacity))
The roof box is a great suggestion, it slipped my attention pivoting too much just on safety. Will definitely consider this to meet the boot space requirement. Thanks!
gk01 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed