Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2019, 12:53   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: What luxury car / SUV for 1.5 - 2 crores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Why not a Tesla?
Not feasible. This is going to be a daily driver. No local sales or service support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT at 1.4 crores
Nice, but grossly overpriced man. 50-lakh rupee German cars have better interior quality than this one.

As of now, he appears most keen on the Cayenne & Maybach.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 13:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
excellent shortlist. Whilst the Maybach is incomparable on comfort and surprisingly engaging to drive, the Cayenne is more practical on our roads. Either ways, he cant go wrong.

Even the Badges- Maybach Vs Porsche- its like six of one and half a dozen of the other!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st June 2019 at 14:03. Reason: Minor spacing
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 13:26   #33
Team-BHP Support

If it helps (and being your friend, he should be having that car spark), Gaurav Gill drives around in a Cayenne. Its his daily driver.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 14:02   #34
Team-BHP Support

If he can wait for the latest GLS, that would be ideal, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
How about the Maserati Levante? I saw it in Singapore, and it looked quite nice. I guess it should be in the range of 1.75 OTR. Something different from the "regular" Germans!
The Levante, like all other current Maseratis, borrows heavily from the FCA parts bin. You'll find switchgear and stalks from a Chryslers and Jeeps that are 1/4th the price of the Levante. Even the touch screen is extremely outdated.

At that astronomical price, it represents extremely poor value in my opinion.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 00:01   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT at 1.4 crores:
Safety score is the worst for this generation of Jeep Grand Cherokees. After spending 1.4Cr, he should feel safe inside the cabin.

Quote:

My pick would be the Cayenne any day over the Maybach for the self driven. Maybach will be my first choice when it comes to being Chauffeur driven.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2019 at 06:54. Reason: Poor language & grammar. Please type your posts properly
hema4saran is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 23rd June 2019, 22:14   #36

Cayenne and GLS both offer the luxury, space and practicality for daily use. Assuming that the friend lives in city a luxury SUV as a daily ride makes for a more practical choice considering the state of roads and traffic. A luxury SUV would also make for a great choice for the odd long drives that us city dwellers crave for
WIMR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 14:44   #37
evo
BHPian

How about a Panamera with the base engine? This iteration is beautiful and does`nt look Piggy and has a nice backseat. Will be nicer to drive than a big Maybach too.

Also, does it have to have four doors ? The S Class coupe can seat 4 in comfort, as long the rear occupants can take the trouble of getting in and out through the front doors. Its relaxed, lovely, and got loads of presence.
evo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 21:33   #38
BHPian

@GTO, has the decision been made already? If not, the X7 can be considered if he can live seeing that grill every morning
Astonite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 13:58   #39
BHPian

I'm sure he must not have been convinced with the Jeep and Volvo suggestion if I'm understanding his taste right (no offence, I too am a Jeep Compass owner, haha)

The Range Rover has some really good discount available and he might as well be able to get a LWB Vogue, they have some decent discount and it should fit his budget. The 3.0 engine is really refined and at the same time is good to drive and the space and presence of a LWB Range Rover is next level. The newer gen JLRs have some really good reliability and I'd put in the same league of Germans. I'd write-off the S Class as it'd be too cumbersome for self-drive. My suggestion to him would be;

Range Rover Vogue LWB > 745Le (if he wants something cool) > X7 > Upcoming GLS
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:29   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend is looking for a luxury SUV. He took test drives of almost all cars (including performance SUV's) in this price range. His requirements:

1) Chauffeur driven
2) Petrol
3) Will keep the car for min 10 years (so long reliability is a must)

Shortlisted Range Rover Sport and Cayenne. Was waiting for the Q8 but dropped it since the pricing will be in Cayenne range. He is inching closer toward Cayenne and I recommended him the same after I got nice reviews about it from some one who own one.

Opinion guys, on Range Rover Sport Vs Cayenne.
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
My friend is looking for a luxury SUV. He took test drives of almost all cars (including performance SUV's) in this price range. His requirements:

1) Chauffeur driven
2) Petrol

Shortlisted Range Rover Sport and Cayenne. Was waiting for the Q8 but dropped it since the pricing will be in Cayenne range. He is inching closer toward Cayenne and I recommended him the same after I got nice reviews about it from some one who own one.

LX570 is the only car I can think of if you looking to keep for 10years! Will cost about 2.5crs though.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:44   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
LX570 is the only car I can think of if you looking to keep for 10years! Will cost about 2.5crs though.
No way . Cayenne price is the maximum he can stretch. And I think he wouldn't like it. Guess Lexus and LC were the only cars in that price range that he didn't have a look.
Old 2nd March 2020, 16:42   #43
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1) Chauffeur driven
2) Petrol

I think the BMW X7 40i will score better in the reliability front considering a 10-year ownership period.

EDIT - In case your friend is not particularly keen on a SUV, the Toyota Vellfire actually ticks all the requirement boxes.

Last edited by //M : 2nd March 2020 at 16:50.
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 17:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:
The Cayenne is the most logical choice, in my opinion. The hybrid or the turbo, if the budget can be stretched

Here's a typical Walter Rohrl quote on the topic:

Quote:
“When you become 18, wait until you are able to buy a really good car. Because the only good car is a Porsche”.
ds.raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:58   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My friend is looking for a luxury SUV.
The Range rover has a 4 cylinder Petrol engine and relatively poor reliability ratings. But it will be cheaper to buy. Current rebates are around 7-10 Lac depending on the loadings. One can get a decent HSE variant at about 1,05 Ex-Showroom. Cayenne will be more like 1,35 + even after rebates on some of the cars they have.

Quote:
No way . Cayenne price is the maximum he can stretch. And I think he wouldn't like it. Guess Lexus and LC were the only cars in that price range that he didn't have a look.
LC is discontinued and LX is 2,30 Cr and it can be registered only as an 8 seater which can be a pain at some places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I think the BMW X7 40i will score better in the reliability front considering a 10-year ownership period.
If you can digest that shape (grill) then definitely it makes sense. It will have captain seats on the rear and come fully loaded and comparable to RR Sports on pricing but with better loadings and a proper 6 cylinder Engine, definitely worth looking at Another car worth waiting can be GLS, which should be here in around 2 months.

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd March 2020 at 21:00.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed