Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2019, 15:01   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW X1 or Mercedes C220d?

The X3 is out of budget, but in Mumbai for example - there are a few X3 demo vehicles up for sale. Unregistered, low mileage, and can be had at a great deal. Pick up extended warranty as well as BSI for the remainder of your ownership tenure.

It could just be the car you're looking for.
Old 22nd June 2019, 14:47   #32
BHPian

So what have you finalised? If you don't mind my asking what is the final price being quoted to you for the aforementioned vehicles? I recently bought a demo X1 done 3k kms for a very decent amount and now i'm being offered a new C220 d progressive for a seemingly fair amount too.
Old 22nd June 2019, 17:26   #33
BHPian

Its done!

I have gone ahead and booked the

Mercedes Benz C220d Progressive in Mojave Silver

I felt really bad for the BMW sales guy who had been very accomodating of our every whim, and I am sure he was cursing us to the high heavens in his mind. But the Benz guys were a cut above and ahead in all their dealings.

Hopefully this should tide me over till i finally am able to afford to get into my dream drive, the BMW 530!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
So what have you finalised? If you don't mind my asking what is the final price being quoted to you for the aforementioned vehicles?
All told it came to just under 54L OTR i.e. including 3 yr/30k Compact Plus (Service Package) and insurance from HDFC Ergo via loan provider HDFC Bank who gave me a significantly lower quote than the dealer quote for the Star Protect Platinum Plus.

The X1 was offered to me for 47.7L (D) and 47.2L (P) OTR incl 3yr BSI+ and +2 yr Extended Warranty

I think Audi, Benz & BMW are giving good discounts.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 23rd June 2019 at 11:01. Reason: Editing spacing
Jay5150 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 08:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay5150 View Post
Its done!

I have gone ahead and booked the

Mercedes Benz C220d Progressive in Mojave Silver
Congratulations! Beautiful car. Looking forward to seeing your ownership review.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 23rd June 2019 at 11:02. Reason: Editing quoted post
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 12:32   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The X1 was offered to me for 47.7L (D) and 47.2L (P) OTR incl 3yr BSI+ and +2 yr Extended Warranty.
What is the discount component in this? I was offered the Luxury Line ( non M sport variant) for approx. 37L OTR and I am currently hearing prices being offered in the range of 34-35L OTR even depending on the stock availability.
Old 23rd June 2019, 12:52   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What is the discount component in this? I was offered the Luxury Line ( non M sport variant) for approx. 37L OTR and I am currently hearing prices being offered in the range of 34-35L OTR even depending on the stock availability.
About 3.75L for diesel and 3L for the petrol
Old 23rd June 2019, 13:23   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
About 3.75L for diesel and 3L for the petrol
Are you serious? I have constantly heard of 7L+ discounts on the X1 and personally was offered 7L straight away on a casual glance while passing off time during my car's service. Do ask a couple of more dealerships before it is too late as the price difference between the C220 and X1 might be more than what you have been made to believe which in turn may influence your decision.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 16:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Are you serious? I have constantly heard of 7L+ discounts on the X1 and personally was offered 7L straight away on a casual glance while passing off time during my car's service. Do ask a couple of more dealerships before it is too late as the price difference between the C220 and X1 might be more than what you have been made to believe which in turn may influence your decision.
No I wasn't offered any discounts near this figure that you have quoted at any time. And I was bugging these guys for the past two months. I think that's around the max deal here in this part of the country. Audi, BMW and Benz similar discounts of about 3.5L and no discounts from Volvo. Are you sure it wasn't an older model car? I was offered heavier discounts on the 2018 models but was limited in variants/color choices.
Old 23rd June 2019, 18:20   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No I wasn't offered any discounts near this figure that you have quoted at any time. And I was bugging these guys for the past two months. I think that's around the max deal here in this part of the country. Audi, BMW and Benz similar discounts of about 3.5L and no discounts from Volvo. Are you sure it wasn't an older model car? I was offered heavier discounts on the 2018 models but was limited in variants/color choices.
Why don't you merely pick up the phone and call a dealer in Delhi or Mumbai. These are bulk high volume dealers and I have always noticed them offering higher discounts. Since it is a considerable difference amounting to close to 3-4L, I feel you can get your vehicle from these dealers on Temp plates and get it registered in your city.
Old 23rd June 2019, 21:06   #40
BHPian

I've been offered the c220d for 46.4 on road.. they also have a demo which has done 9k KM's but that's a 2018 model which IV been quoted 41 on road... I picked up a demo X1 though with 4k kms for 34.5 on road...
In other news a crv is being offered with a discount of 2.5lacs for petrol and 3 lacs for a diesel..
I guess the market slowdown is as bad as we've heard about though these prices are after some really tough negotiations especially since I had the time to do so since I wasn't really in a rush. Also what helped is the fact that I wanted the color they had in stock and they're probably looking to offload their inventories.
rugsrags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 12:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mohit,

Would it be possible to share more details around this? today morning, a GGN based dealer offered a 35L OTR for a 2018 used X1 xline and a 40+ for a new one.

thanks.
Old 1st September 2019, 15:46   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
Hi Mohit,

Would it be possible to share more details around this? today morning, a GGN based dealer offered a 35L OTR for a 2018 used X1 xline and a 40+ for a new one.

thanks.
You would need to talk to the dealers. Discounts depend on the stocks that they are holding. I have always talked to Bird Auto since I bought my 3 series from them. But from what I have heard, the dealer in Delhi (Deutsche Motors) offer more discounts, possible due to a larger stock. PM me if you want the details of the SA I talk to in Bird. He has become more of a friend now over the years.
Old 22nd September 2019, 19:05   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
Hi Mohit,

thanks.
I am surprised to hear such price difference from region to region. Let’s forget about OTR and compare ex-showroom pricing. We got a xLine petrol this month for 28.5L exshowroom. Nearly a 10L discount.
dash2385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 16:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
I've been offered the c220d for 46.4 on road.. they also have a demo which has done 9k KM's but that's a 2018 model which IV been quoted 41 on road... I picked up a demo X1 though with 4k kms for 34.5 on road...
In other news a crv is being offered with a discount of 2.5lacs for petrol and 3 lacs for a diesel..
I guess the market slowdown is as bad as we've heard about though these prices are after some really tough negotiations especially since I had the time to do so since I wasn't really in a rush. Also what helped is the fact that I wanted the color they had in stock and they're probably looking to offload their inventories.
Hi There,
Congratulations on your new car. Hope you are enjoying it.
I shall be highly grateful if you can kindly help me with some questions I have regarding demo cars. Thanks in advance.

1. I assume someone buying a demo car would be the "first" owner of that car. Please correct me if I am wrong.
2. What about the warranty of the car? Will it start from the day you purchase it or a part of it has already expired during the period the dealership used it as demo car.
3. We know that interest rate for loan of used cars is more than that of a new car. Any idea, as to what will the bank consider? I mean a demo car would be taken as new car (because it was unregistered) or old car.

Thanks.
Old 14th October 2019, 03:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amith_kumar View Post
Hi There,

Congratulations on your new car. Hope you are enjoying it.

I shall be highly grateful if you can kindly help me with some questions I have regarding demo cars. Thanks in advance.

1. I assume someone buying a demo car would be the "first" owner of that car. Please correct me if I am wrong.

2. What about the warranty of the car? Will it start from the day you purchase it or a part of it has already expired during the period the dealership used it as demo car.

3. We know that interest rate for loan of used cars is more than that of a new car. Any idea, as to what will the bank consider? I mean a demo car would be taken as new car (because it was unregistered) or old car.

Thanks.

1. Yes a demo car is an unregistered car hence the buyer will be the first owner.
2. Warranty usually starts from the day of invoice for a demo car.
3. Bank loan interest rate would be that of a new car. At as it is unregistered and buyer will be the first owner.
aman-bh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed