Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2019, 18:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Need help with finalising a replacement for my BMW 320d - Budget is 40 lakhs, ex-showroom

Amongst the C class equivalent sedans, Audi A4 B9 35 TDI has the best boot space and back seat. I did repeated test drives to come to this conclusion. GC is sufficient to glide over most Mumbai roads, Bangalore shouldn't be much different/difficult.
in case you really wish to maximise cabin space and GC, do look at the BMW X1. I came quite close to buying one (bought the A4 instead eventually), i find it to be quite good.
within your budget, i don't think any other car would make more sense (given the filters you mentioned in your original post).
Old 18th October 2019, 20:18   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Need help with finalising a replacement for my BMW 320d - Budget is 40 lakhs, ex-showroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachanoop View Post
Hey guys

My current lease car is a 320D Sportline (F30). It's due for change next month and I'm torn between the choices I have and need some help to finalize.
So what did you end up buying? I'm assuming your 320D was taken away
Old 18th October 2019, 20:54   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

If you are getting the A6 at under ₹40 l ex showroom, that’s a no brainier. Else would consider the 3GT if available. Not sure you will be happy with an entry spec Discovery Sport, though I think that all variants now come with the higher horse power engine (VS the anaemic 140 HP version that was available earlier). The Kodiaq would be a good buy if you are not brand obsessed, esp as your company or lessor needs to deal with the maintenance hassles, if any.
Old 19th October 2019, 13:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
If you are getting the A6 at under ₹40 l ex showroom, that’s a no brainier.
Thanks Hayek.
Yes, the 320D is going away next week. It hurts to sell that car but I can't keep it :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post
Within your budget, i don't think any other car would make more sense (given the filters you mentioned in your original post).
Thanks Rohan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
I have been in the market recently looking for a car in a similar budget more or less. If you just want a badge and don't mind compromising on the drive the Audi A4 ticks all the boxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
With a budget of Rs. 40L you'd expect not to be hard pressed for choice but sigh - such is life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arfaat_46 View Post
You can also check Audi Q3 since you'll be test driving the A6 as well. Considering the state of our roads, an SUV will give you the peace of mind that a sedan can't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Would lexus be an option that could be considered ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Heck, the A6 may just fall into the 40L Ex-showroom bracket post discounts if the messages the dealers are floating are right. With the lease you aren't worried about maintenance or resale which is a big big benefit for you; and it is a class above the existing F30 & even the C300D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Errr C300D is 63Lacs here in Bangalore . C220D as I have heard has some discounts, making C300D costlier by almost 7-8lacs. That's quite some money for a 4-pot motor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swap_Abarth View Post
I would suggest a SUV considering general road conditions in Bangalore. Compass Trailhawk is unique offering with great brand value. It is great on road and off road too.
Thank you all. I'm going in for the A6 C7 which was available at 40 ex-showroom after discount. Will get a few external mods done and should serve me well. I'm primarily looking for backseat comfort and I found the A6 to be a good balance between ride and handling .
Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead View Post
I would suggest you to have a look at the new Camry, it drives and rides much better than the earlier one, very spacious and comfortable for passengers too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
I'm curious, why not a 3GT 20d? Looking for a different powertrain I'm guessing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
If like you mentioned, you can live a full length sedan, why not check out the new Camry hybrid. It has a super backseat plus great fuel economy being a hybrid not to mention the Toyota peace of mind. Just my 2 cents.
Thank you all. I'm going in for the A6 C7 which was available at 40 ex-showroom after discount. Will get a few external mods done and should serve me well. I'm primarily looking for backseat comfort and I found the A6 to be a good balance between ride and handling .

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th February 2020 at 07:19.
reachanoop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 08:43   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachanoop View Post
Pictures please and a mini-review?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks