Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 3rd June 2020, 00:51   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Looking at buying a BMW X1 - Need advice

Any ideas about discounts being offered on the petrol BS6 X1 considering the total shutdown of the last 2 months and uncertainty going forward from here? I know none are being openly advertised, but dealers might be silently pushing as much as they can to get the sales wheels in motion again. In just one showroom visit, I was offered 2.5L discount in addition to 5 year warranty + 5 year BSI, but I coolly walked out knowing (& letting them know) that I'm still interested (& not just window shopping) but they'll have to do much better.

PS: My enquiry was for the sport X variant. I'd like to know for both versions - sport X & X line

Last edited by Zen2001 : 3rd June 2020 at 00:53.
Old 15th June 2020, 08:23   #47
BHPian

I completely agree. X1 is a rip-off. Neither the driving DNA of a BMW, nor the comfort. The rear seats look like straight out of a toy car. Sorry for sounding harsh, but X1 is a fleecer and it hurts to see so many wasting their hard earned money on this car, just for the badge. Definitely not worth the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Coming back to just the X1, what was unacceptable to me was the seats. Unbelievable they decided to put in such worthless seats and dirty rod for shifter on a car which is supposed to at least trickle with luxury, it ain't cheap!, the rear seats have their own story.

Everyone has their own purpose in a buy, mine was if it was that much money, it need to look good, drive good, be spacious and comfortable.
It sure lost only in the comfort, but that was important. I even chanced upon a 4k run car at 13L discount, but it did not make sense to me. 3 series is an actual car you need to consider and if it is in X series luxury starts at X3, anything else is cheating yourself.
reachanoop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 16:56   #48

I'm curious as to what you ended up finally selecting, and why? I guess you were torn between some pretty good choices, and your research further expanded your options. Did you finally settle on the X1?
Old 30th June 2020, 11:27   #49

Hi Dash,
Sounds like you negotiated a great deal! Can you share more info, please? I'd be interested in learning how you managed that kind of a discount, and in meeting with your POC at the dealership, here in Mumbai.
Thanks!

Most Viewed