Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2020, 22:15   #91

Re: Looking at buying a BMW X1 - Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh1977 View Post
Hey Sushant,
Congratulations! This is great news. All the best with the purchase and wish you happy driving! 😊

Did u go on any long drives as yet? I found the seats a bit stiff during the test drive, how has been ur experience, is it comfortable enough on long drives?

Regards,
Thanks a ton. Enjoying the long drives already. As for transmission, after the initial smooth start - there is a minor lag before it gets going with acceleration - almost similar to a manual revving for a second longer before switching gears. Nothing Notable just a minor aberration on the otherwise super smooth transmission.

On seats, i hear your point. It is not a cushy foamy seat. However they are comfortable - almost like they have designed it to be less cushy but more firm. I find it comfortable so happy with it.
Old 21st February 2021, 22:21   #92
RJV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushants View Post

- any recommended individual mechanic in Mumbai who I can trust for future.

It seems the FNG is the best option to go ahead with though I dont know which one to go to..
Congratulations on picking up a "pre worshipped" BMW X1. I also have a BMW X1 currently at an ODO of 42XXX.

I would suggest Redline Autohaus, based in Jogeshwari if you would like to visit an individual mechanic in Mumbai, provided your car is out of warranty. I have been there a couple of times once my car has been out of warranty. You could PM me if you would like to have more details.

Enjoy your ride and wish you all the best!
RJV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 12:21   #93

Many congratulations Sushant! I love the pre-worshipped anecdote. I too got one last week - X1 sDrive 20D M Sport and love it!

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th March 2021 at 12:23. Reason: Please avoid excessive dots. Thanks!
kumarprashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 18:25   #94
BHPian

After a fair share of googling and several test drives, I'm kind of inclined towards finalizing a new X1 sdrive20d. Have a few questions though

1. Located in Bangalore, I have been observing the used car market for a while and did at least 10 TDs including a couple of X3 s. Either the price is too high or the car is too worn out.
4 yr old X1 xline quoted around 30L+
Didn't find an appealing choice yet

2. After several deliberation and consideration, have approached the dealer and the best quote I Have got so far is 50L.

3. Though I'm firm on diesel, due to the government policy changes
many are pushing towards petrol. But with Bangalore City driving any 2ltr petrol car cannot be expected to run more than 7kmpl is my humblest opinion. (I live close to the famous-for-traffic kundalahalli jn)
Is it ok to invest in a fortune in a diesel in today's scenario?

Now the questions I have is:

1. Should I wait some more time and find a better pre worshipped one?
2. Negotiable further and bring down the price of new X1?
3. Consider petrol?

Thanks in advance.
About me: Driven around 2.5L kms in 15 yrs with 3 Maruti Suzukis, Hyundai and Renault, looking to upgrade to next level
Old 12th December 2021, 22:32   #95

Hey,

I was in a similar boat last year and ended up buying a pre-worshipped X1 - xline. I was lucky to get a 2.5 years old hardly used (6700kms) one. Purchased for 28.2L. So the best offer for a 4 years old sounds high to me. Though I am aware that due to chip shortage and lower supply, the pre-woned car market is a bot higher these days

Considerations on petrol vs diesel - 1) Petrol and Diesel drive very differently. so do consider which one you enjoy more. Diesel X1 will pack a punch if thats what you are looking for 2) If you are considering economy - do think about how much you will drive in total over the life of the car. It may be far more economical to buy a petrol version in the long run if you are a light city user

On whether new or pre-worshipped - Completely depends on whether you get a good pre-worshipped one. Don't go for something thats either worn out ot doesn't seem like a good value.

My 2 cents at this stage - If your heart wants X1, then go for the petrol version new
Sushants is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 09:19   #96
BHPian

Thanks Sushant!
Do you mean petrol version is more economical?
My experience with automatic petrols has been pathetic, even small 1L engines struggle to touch 10kmpl in my part of town, due to such heavy traffic.
Also, my drive is 50-50 on highway and city.
Old 16th January 2022, 22:15   #97
BHPian

Looking at some of posts on other threads, I see that good discounts have started trickling in for X1. If anyone has been in touch with Bangalore dealer, would love to connect.
I also had few questions, if someone can help:
- How is car felt in terms of comfort/suspension when driving on the Bangalore roads or whatever they call as it's just full of potholes? I drive 2014 Honda city currently
- How is sound system?
- Are seats comfortable on long drives? Also with 3 passengers in rear.. Something people have not complained in City
- Is leather breathable enough?
- Which maintainence package is preferred to pick, the Basic or Plus? My driving would not be more than 7-8K Km per year

I wish they offered Storm Bay and different allow designs in xLine Petrol trim.
Old 23rd January 2022, 11:27   #98
BHPian

The discounts are reduced now. In December, x1 petrol xline was around 48 and now they are quoting 50. I think March would be better if they still have some stock.
Old 24th January 2022, 09:42   #99
BHPian

Cruise control in 2016-19 BMW X1

I have been eyeing a used X1 for sometime now. Recently did a TD and almost finalized one vehicle. Though I have checked out a dozen vehicles previously, didn't realise the 2016-19 model did not come with cruise control.

My driving is split 50:50 between city and Highway and there are some stretches of my regular highway ride that is almost empty and sometimes constant pressing of accelerator gives foot/ankle cramps.

Hence for the last several years I wanted my next car to have cruise control.

Now I'm in a dilemma as my favourite one doesn't have it, but having never used cruise control in India, wondering if that would really be a deal breaker.

Question:

1. Did the previous gen x1 really did not have cruise?
2. For those driving cars with this feature, how often have you used it and would you miss it in your next car?
Old 24th January 2022, 10:11   #100
Team-BHP Support

Re: Cruise control in 2016-19 BMW X1

Difficult to answer as at certain times, BMW came up with stripped down variants. Do check the invoice copy for exact invoicing price before you decide on your final purchase amount. A higher loaded variant maybe available at small difference.

Regarding, cruise control, it’s something I won’t miss and use hardly ever. Also, you can change the steering wheel and add this option by coding. If you buy new, factor 60-80 K else good old ones will be available for small change. I will not skip a good vehicle at right price just for this feature.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 09:33   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Looking at some of posts on other threads, I see that good discounts have started trickling in for X1. If anyone has been in touch with Bangalore dealer, would love to connect.
I also had few questions, if someone can help:
- How is car felt in terms of comfort/suspension when driving on the Bangalore roads or whatever they call as it's just full of potholes? I drive 2014 Honda city currently
- How is sound system?
- Are seats comfortable on long drives? Also with 3 passengers in rear.. Something people have not complained in City
- Is leather breathable enough?
- Which maintainence package is preferred to pick, the Basic or Plus? My driving would not be more than 7-8K Km per year

I wish they offered Storm Bay and different allow designs in xLine Petrol trim.
Can you share the quote that you have received post discount? For 7-8k mileage, the basic would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam View Post
I have been eyeing a used X1 for sometime now. Recently did a TD and almost finalized one vehicle. Though I have checked out a dozen vehicles previously, didn't realise the 2016-19 model did not come with cruise control.
Did you pick up the vehicle? If yes, what was the deal?
Old 4th March 2022, 09:52   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Can you share the quote that you have received post discount?
Discounts have drastically gone down now. There is no ready stock of X1 and its more or less built to order. So discounts from company has gone and dealer will work with you to give some discounts. On Petrol, verbally I was told about ~2-3L and on Diesel ~4-5L (both xLine). Paying 50+L OTR for X1 in Bangalore does not make sense to me. I feel deep discounts would only come now when the new generation comes in.
Old 4th March 2022, 13:10   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Paying 50+L OTR for X1 in Bangalore does not make sense to me. I feel deep discounts would only come now when the new generation comes in.
Totally agree with this statement - my friend picked up the 20d sDrive xLine for 46-47L some 12mon back - now with no discounts, X1 as a package does not make sense.
Old 4th March 2022, 13:39   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Totally agree with this statement - my friend picked up the 20d sDrive xLine for 46-47L some 12mon back - now with no discounts, X1 as a package does not make sense.
Few other things that has made ownership cost high/ not seeing a value now:
- Increase of ~8.2% on xLine Petrol and ~9% on xLine Diesel since launch
- BMW seems to be moving to Mercedes kind of model where limited/no ready stocks available (impacting discounts)
- With new launches in last 1-1.5 years, you keep on seeing lot of feature miss on 50L+ car compared to cars which cost half
- Rumours of new generation launching this year and then resale value you might get later when you are buying with minimal/no discounts now

No doubt the engine is peppy and package works for me but you keep on thinking if you are paying a massive premium just for the badge
Old 4th March 2022, 14:50   #105
BHPian

Quote:
No doubt the engine is peppy and package works for me but you keep on thinking if you are paying a massive premium just for the badge
Makes sense to go the pre owned route - but that situation too in BLR is equally bad. Somebody was asking a question if it makes sense to buy out of state and go through the hassle of the KA registration.

Most Viewed