Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 25th November 2019, 17:06   #1
BHPian

Default Used Mercedes E350 Coupe or Skoda Superb?

Hi guys,

Posting here after ages as I need some help deciding which car to buy. I was on the look out for a used 2015 Skoda Super AT, the cars I saw were all around 14L and in great condition, very recently got to know of a friend is selling his 2012 MB E350 coupe for about 12.5L, the car is in great condition and I like the idea of a slightly sportier model now.

Would like to know your inputs on which car to go for. Prices here in Bangalore are way too high.

Regards
Old 25th November 2019, 17:24   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Used Mercedes E350 Coupe or Skoda Superb?

Hi Piranhaboy, have you checked this thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ports-car.html (Would you buy a performance sedan / SUV over a 2-door sports car?)

There are many Superb's around. But an E350 Coupe ? Wont that be more exclusive ? And it is from a known source.

Last edited by condor : 25th November 2019 at 17:29.
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 17:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

As discussed on our used car threads, though we can buy a higher segment car for the same price in the used car market, the maintenance of the higher segment car will be in line with that segment.

If you can afford the E350 Coupe maintenance, I would blindly ask you to go for it. There is absolutely no comparison. The superb has its own advantages, but a MERC is a MERC.
Old 25th November 2019, 17:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiranhaBoy View Post
Hi guys,
Would like to know your inputs on which car to go for. Prices here in Bangalore are way too high.
I'd suggest the Merc only for the fact that Skoda's ASS doesn't deserve customers. Sure, it's improving but it's still far from acceptable.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th November 2019 at 19:06. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Thanks.
TheHelix0202 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 07:53   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Used Mercedes E350 Coupe or Skoda Superb?

If you can live with 2-doors and have no need for a proper family car, by all means go for the coupe. Not only is it from a more premium brand, but it'll also be far more special to own (body style, quality etc.). I reckon that the E350 Coupe won't cost that much more than the Superb to own. Find a good independent and I'm willing to bet its long-term reliability will be better. The E350 Coupe is actually based on the C-Class.

Be sure to read our review of the car - link (Driven: 2010 Mercedes E-Class Coupe (E350)).

And also follow our used car buying article to the tee - link (ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India).

Being a coupe, I'm guessing the odometer has a low reading. Buy if under 50,000 km, avoid if over that.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 10:38   #6

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 26th November 2019 at 12:12.
cosmic_ocean is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th November 2019, 10:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Its a no-brainer
Panaromic sunroof
Frameless doors
Slightly sportier interiors and overall well loaded kit-wise.
Awesome and among the best alloys on a Mercedes non AMG models.
CBU so slightly better quality build perception wise.
C class platform (pros could be slightly more agility, cons could be a segment below on paper but hey its looks like a full E class)
2 reverse gears bragging rights. Not sure if many Mercedes have.
Comfortable suspension. Sometimes non-sportiness is good for health of suspension, alloys and auxiliaries.

Just check the transmission in a drive and close the deal.
dipen is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 23:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
There are many Superb's around. But an E350 Coupe ? Wont that be more exclusive ? And it is from a known source.
Exactly what I felt, the thrill of a two door coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
As discussed on our used car threads, though we can buy a higher segment car for the same price in the used car market, the maintenance of the higher segment car will be in line with that segment.
If you can afford the E350 Coupe maintenance, I would blindly ask you to go for it. There is absolutely no comparison. The superb has its own advantages, but a MERC is a MERC.
The car is being serviced at a friends garage, before which it was serviced at the dealership, so the maintenance is a little lower than the showroom to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
I'd suggest the Merc only for the fact that Skoda's ASS doesn't deserve customers. Sure, it's improving but it's still far from acceptable.
The only thing that has scared me about Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If you can live with 2-doors and have no need for a proper family car, by all means go for the coupe. Not only is it from a more premium brand, but it'll also be far more special to own (body style, quality etc.). I reckon that the E350 Coupe won't cost that much more than the Superb to own. Find a good independent and I'm willing to bet its long-term reliability will be better. The E350 Coupe is actually based on the C-Class.
Being a coupe, I'm guessing the odometer has a low reading. Buy if under 50,000 km, avoid if over that.
Odo is ~20K . I am perfectly fine with two doors, for the next couple of years, if the need arises I can always look at a used small car that has four doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Just check the transmission in a drive and close the deal.
Will do that bit soon.

Most Viewed