Old 8th January 2020, 06:48   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Used luxury car for my parents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASproject View Post
Thank you everyone for all the help!

It has come down to two options:
  • Option A: Honda CRV (end of story)
  • Option B: Honda City / Maruti Ciaz auto right now to be replaced by the BMW X3 early 2021

Parents plan to test drive the CRV in the next two days and decide.

I do realize the second option will end up being more expensive but its a necessity given they are currently frolicking around Pune on a honda Activa. It could also be a ploy to get me to spend less money, but that is something only time will reveal.
Hope you resolve soon and buy them an appropriate 4W ASAP. Frolicking is definitely fun, but one of my 60+ year-old uncles learnt it the hard way that even a trivial 2W spill/accident can have serious consequences for an ageing body. He was unfortunate enough to break his collarbone (contact with road median) and damage his ankle during a silly 10 km/hr fall, and spent the next year recuperating from those and additional stuff which cropped up!

Buy a 4W immediately and request them to keep the Activa strictly for local errands & occasional joyrides
Old 8th January 2020, 21:12   #47
BHPian

It's ultimately yours and Parent's choice however I do feel spending close to 28L-30L in a CR-V is not worth it. There are many better options in that price range. Also, it re-sale value would be low, you might feel the pinch at the time of upgrading.

Ideal option for you to get a used last generation Santa Fe. It's a good crossover with all the necessary bling and technology, very comfortable to drive as well and comes with Hyundai reliability and fuss-free ownership experience. You can get 4-5 years old model around 12-15 L.
Old 25th January 2020, 15:20   #48
BHPian

Picked up a City for them today. Thank you everyone for the help. Got a significant discount (car was manufactured in Nov 2019), so the wallet is happy too.

I hope that I will be able to add a thread for the new X3 this time next year. Right now I am happy that they are significantly safer than on the moped.

Used luxury car for my parents?-honda_city.jpg
SASproject is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks