Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2007, 04:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozoniac View Post
My budget is around 15-16 lakhs , i was very keen on the new accord (though i found the old accord stlying much better)
I have the best option for you....buy my old accord as you love the styling

Getting back to your dilemma, i would suggest the Accord too since you already have the Octavia. The Laura in reality is the new octavia as you might know, its only in India they decided to sell two models of the same car under diff names !
The accord is very common and less exclusive than the Laura but there is just something about the honda engine that makes you wanna smile everytime u revv it.
But dont take our word for it, go test drive both the cars and then decide.
Old 28th March 2007, 13:07   #17
BHPian

hi guys
thanks for all the suggestions
i think it has boiled down to the fact that laura no doubt has better features but a.s.s and maintainence is still an issue
i have test driven both ,laura is more like my octi which is fitted with petes tuning box with slightly better handling and driving pleasure while accord feels much bigger and has better ride
i spoke to a friend in punjab he is driving accord since last couple of years and according to him even accord demands huge maintainence cost.....is it true?? feedback from accord owners would be really helpful ......
thanks in advance
Old 28th March 2007, 15:19   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think the case for the Laura cannot be dismissed because:

1. He is used to European feel and luxury. I can tell you the tinny Japanese feel will not be half as satisfying.

2. Also used to diesel economy. With a running of a 100 kms / day, the fillup cost cannot be ignored.

3. The Laura is new and here to stay. On the other hand, the Accord is in the final stage of its lifespan and will be replaced soon.

I would suggest a longer second testdrive in either before deciding. But if its the Accord, wait another year for the new generation. Its going to be a rock star!
Old 28th March 2007, 16:00   #19
BHPian

hey gto thanks for your suggestions
i agree to you that i am used to the european tank like build qaulity but one thing for sure my octavia has demanded more money then what i saved in fuel cost in last two years considering first two years should be totally maintainence free in any car's life span
plus what i have heard from other honda owners is that except regular servicing car doesnt require any other job till atleast 1 lac kms. unlike skoda or maybe just in my case
any more news about the new accord coming next year?
i spoke to the honda dealer, he has no information about this one
any details? pictures?
will honda upgrade the engine as well?
is it worth waiting for a year for the new model?
Old 28th March 2007, 16:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Are you planning to sell the Octavia or keep it and get another new car ?
Old 28th March 2007, 16:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Are you planning to sell the Octavia or keep it and get another new car ?
planning to sell it and buy a new one.....
Old 28th March 2007, 16:46   #22
BHPian

Not in India!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUELZ 41 View Post
if u wait for a couple of months, u shud check out the new nissan teana. its a brilliant car and very popular here in the US(its called the maxima here) very luxurious and stylish. also inseptember arrives the VW passat. its got the greatest road grip, handling ever. but between the honda and skoda, id go wit the honda b/c of its great fuel-efficiency, pick up and service. its a HONDA afterall.
]goodluck on making the right choice buddy.

P.S- spend a lil bit more and u can get the Beemer 320i/325i. its the ultimate driving machine.
In the US, probably what you say is true, but going by the reports, the Nissan is going to be 20+ and if the Laura is priced as it is, the Passat will be priced at 20+ again. The Honda Accord will never match the Laura in terms of fuel efficiency and the BMW is not a little more, but nearly twice the budget mentioned!
Old 28th March 2007, 19:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend the Accord anyday primarily because it has a lot more space then the Laura. Also, having owned a Honda for the past 3+ years & with two close friends having Accords I can tell you that the Honda's are much cheaper to maintain than the Skoda's. And of course Honda's normally do not require anything apart from regular servicing for the first 1L kms.

But then keep in mind I'm biased towards Honda in any case!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak View Post
iam facing the same dillema, but isn't laura a notch better car as in the comfort(Rear seat comfort,Rear Ac duct),
Actually Laura is quite cramped for space especially in the rear & is not even anywhere close to the Accord in that department.
Old 28th March 2007, 23:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually Laura is quite cramped for space especially in the rear & is not even anywhere close to the Accord in that department.
Totally agree!! Laura is kind of cramped in the rear, infact some lower D segment cars have more legroom at the rear then the Laura.
Old 29th March 2007, 00:46   #25
BANNED

Skoda Laura is the way. Accord is the highway!!
I will choose the highway.
Old 1st April 2007, 16:23   #26
BHPian

Honda accord only looses out on FE every other aspect i feel its better than the laura, apart from looks which is a matter of personal opinion.
Old 2nd April 2007, 11:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The accord is very common and less exclusive than the Laura
LOL come to Pune, I see more Lauras than Accords

But yes even I have observed that space at rear is less in octavia\laura wrt to Accord.
Old 2nd April 2007, 13:21   #28
BHPian

Honda accord reasons - maintainence and servicing, brand value in India, the 2.4 accord will be more fuel economic.
Old 2nd April 2007, 14:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL come to Pune, I see more Lauras than Accords
Yup hardly any takers for the new accord here it seems,whereas I can see so many new laura's without number plates even.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks