Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 15:17   #1
BHPian

Honda Accord ML vs Laura Elegance

Hi Guys,
I am confused between these two cars

My budget is around 15-16 lakhs , i was very keen on the new accord (though i found the old accord stlying much better) till the time laura elegance was launched at almost the same price option.

I am already driving octavia , am very happy with the car except after sales support and steap service cost.Also after driving a skoda for two years i want a car which is totally maintainence free.
My driving is 80-100 kms per day , though mileage doesnt matter coz what i have saved in last two years on fuel cost ,have spent more on the maintainence.

As am not a car freak so dont know the feature comparison
please help
Thanks
Old 27th March 2007, 16:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have driven neither of the cars mentioned - however I would have taken the Honda. The Laura will surely be a lot more expensive to maintain than the Honda.

Purely from an economics front, have you considered the Sonata Embera diesel ? Diesel economy plus Hyundai service. Should be cheaper on the wallet to maintain.
Old 27th March 2007, 16:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

From the cars you mention I'd say the Accord. Though the Laura is a well built car you know hoe expensive it is to live with.

I also second shuvc. Why not look at the Embera CRDi?
Old 27th March 2007, 16:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sonata has image issues. Does it have to be a car?? Doesnt Tucson sound brilliant?!
Old 27th March 2007, 16:46   #5
Team-BHP Support

Guys, he's clearly mentioned the two cars he has shortlisted. Let's not bring in everything from Sonata's to Tucson's and I'm sure someone will mention Fiat Palio as well somewhere!
Old 27th March 2007, 16:47   #6
BHPian

Go for the Accord if you are going to use the car for 3+ years, coz by then you would've clocked ~ 1 lac kms. Maintaining the Laura then will be very expensive. If you plan to sell it within 3 years, Laura sounds good.
Old 27th March 2007, 17:55   #7
BHPian

iam facing the same dillema, but isn't laura a notch better car as in the comfort(Rear seat comfort,Rear Ac duct),build quality,length of the car,Plus it is a diesel,when you guys say maintanence .....can you elaborate it?
Old 27th March 2007, 20:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak View Post
iam facing the same dillema, but isn't laura a notch better car as in the comfort(Rear seat comfort,Rear Ac duct),build quality,length of the car,Plus it is a diesel,when you guys say maintanence .....can you elaborate it?
Well ACCORD is better in rear seat comfort. Regarding quality both are good. As mentioned below fuel being petrol is no problem as autozoniac already owns a skoda and is worried about the A.S.S and maintenance.

I will also suggest ACCORD but i liked the 2nd generation on which was launched in India better than the current in styling. But oh well accord still looks good.
Old 27th March 2007, 23:06   #9
BHPian

if u wait for a couple of months, u shud check out the new nissan teana. its a brilliant car and very popular here in the US(its called the maxima here) very luxurious and stylish. also inseptember arrives the VW passat. its got the greatest road grip, handling ever. but between the honda and skoda, id go wit the honda b/c of its great fuel-efficiency, pick up and service. its a HONDA afterall.
]goodluck on making the right choice buddy.

P.S- spend a lil bit more and u can get the Beemer 320i/325i. its the ultimate driving machine.
Old 27th March 2007, 23:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Honda sure is a repute brand and accord an excellent car, but skoda Laura is equally good too. Those who drive both swear by them. Accord is more about Honda image while Laura is more about features. and while you are thinking about more maintainence on the Laura, wont it be equalled by the economy of diesel?
Old 28th March 2007, 00:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

I will suggest to buy the laura anyday its a much nicer car than the accord. I have driven both the accord and the laura and found the laura much better

And after doing more than 38 km in 3months the car still feels like we just got her yesterday

Our new driver who was driving a accord before say that laura is a better car
and
Laura is internationally new and accord has gained some age and new has only the rear changed nothing new
Old 28th March 2007, 00:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
And after doing more than 38 km in 3months the car still feels like we just got her yesterday
Dude is it 38 or 3800???
Old 28th March 2007, 00:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroholic1 View Post
Dude is it 38 or 3800???
due its 38000km check my garage you will have proof
Old 28th March 2007, 01:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

if you like features then laura if you like maintainence free then honda....
Old 28th March 2007, 01:31   #15
BHPian

Obviously and though the Model is different from what you already have(Octavia to Laura),the support is going to remain the same for which you have said is not satisfactory.

So Honda deserves a try and is a competent product when you compare with Laura,Support is definately better i guess.Your happiness with the product is going to be supplemented with peace of mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks