Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2020, 15:10   #31
BHPian

Re: The most comfortable SUV <50 lakh?

UPDATE
Thanks guys for all of your suggestions. After considering all of the options we've come down to considering the following options -
1. New Mercedes GLE/ Used GLS
2. VW Tiguan Allspace
3. MG Gloster

Since brand value was of consideration and we didn't want a van like vehicle, cars like the KIA Carnival, Tucson etc. weren't picked. Going to now arrange test drives of these vehicles in the upcoming weeks and hopefully arrive on a decision soon.
dealer is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 15:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
UPDATE
Thanks guys for all of your suggestions. After considering all of the options we've come down to considering the following options -
1. New Mercedes GLE/ Used GLS
2. VW Tiguan Allspace
3. MG Gloster

Since brand value was of consideration and we didn't want a van like vehicle, cars like the KIA Carnival, Tucson etc. weren't picked. Going to now arrange test drives of these vehicles in the upcoming weeks and hopefully arrive on a decision soon.

If you can stretch to a GLE it would prob be the best of the luxury options.

I own an X5 and the Tiguan 5-seater. I sold the Endeavour and bought the Tiguan. The Ford was definitely more comfortable in the back seat than the Tiguan, and I'd say pretty close to the X5. If they have softened it up with the facelift I'd definitely include it in your test drives.

Regarding the Tiguan, I specifically chose the Comfortline which comes in 17"s vs the Highline which had 18's and let in a lot more of the bumps. The suspension is quite stiff and can say the Allspace will be less comfortable than your Q5 now.
showboat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 18:10   #33
BHPian

MG Gloster has had some reliability issues. Check the videos on you tube before anyone decides to buy.
Tech Travel bySujith I think is the you tuber.
MADMAX111 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 20:00   #34
BHPian

I would recommend the current Honda CRV since your priorities are seating comfort, ride qualtiy and space. New ones are available in petrol models, but that would only add to refinement and silky smooth power delivery. Reliable frugal engine (for a petrol SUV) and fuss free ownership are a given. The suspension is really good and hardly tires the occupants even on long drives. I own one and can vouch for the back seat comfort. Easily fits your budget with spare cash to save.
TheCatalyst is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 22:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post

3) Skoda Kodiaq - not sure about ride stiffness.
Feel that Vid6639 would be one of the best to answer for the Kodiaq - would request him to share his views about ride quality on smooth roads and slightly broken roads here
GTsunny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 07:33   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
MG Gloster has had some reliability issues. Check the videos on you tube before anyone decides to buy.
Tech Travel bySujith I think is the you tuber.
Also recommend that you wait for our forthcoming review
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 08:54   #37
BHPian

2 cents: why not consider an air suspension upgrade for the Q5 instead of replacing the car?

Reason 1: car is in immaculate condition, only grouse is stiff ride.
Reason 2: at this budget, no other cars mentioned in this thread would be considered an upgrade.
Reason 3: the savings are HUGE. Invest the money well over the next 5 years and then consider picking up a Q7 or an X5

Quick Google search reveals the following links where you can source:
1. Link 1
2. Link 2
mango_pal is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 20:15   #38
BHPian

Check out the Lexus NX. It's smaller than the X5 but is probably the most comfortable and reliable luxury SUV out there. It's also a hybrid so better on fuel as well. I would strongly recommend checking it out before you pull the trigger.
HKap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 11:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
2 cents: why not consider an air suspension upgrade for the Q5 instead of replacing the car?
I was going to suggest something similar. If the only concern is ride quality then if not an air suspension, you could replace the regular suspension. It's 10 years old after all. How many kms has it run?

You also didn't mention what kind of tyre changes you tried. Did you try higher profile tyres? Especially with smaller wheels.

But if bad ride quality is a manifestation of an upgrade itch then only a GLE/GLS will satisfy your dad.

Most Viewed