Skoda Superb 23 8.30%
Toyota Camry Hybrid 43 15.52%
Other (please specify in your post) 2 0.72%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2022, 14:18   #31
BHPian

Re: Returning NRI looking to buy a new car

Get the E200, is 76 on road so a slight stretch in the budget but for your requirements of comfort and rear seat riding it is the best option in the budget. The other cars on the list will fall short when compared directly with the E in these areas. If you prefer a more engaging drive then look at the 530i m sport.

Another great option is the Lexus ES, same price roughly, the most reliable long term car you can buy in the class.
AJ56 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 14:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Returning NRI looking to buy a new car

The 330LI is a nice option in my opinion. The long wheelbase would give you comfort in the back seat and it will be a hoot to drive when you want to get behind the wheel.

Since you are looking at the Superb, I would advise you to look at the Camry Hybrid as well. The model is fresh and promises you fuss free years of ownership. I don't need to tell you that since you have owned Toyotas in the Gulf

Happy shopping.
Dippy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 17:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volvo S60 vs BMW 3-Series vs Mercedes C-Class vs others

If you're using the E300 currently, I would request you to stick to the E class, 5 series or A6 at the minimum. Else you'll feel disappointed.

I would try to finalise between A6 and 5 series since the E is quite long to drive around and manage in a city like Kochi with narrow roads.Else a 330 Li if the above two still feels big.

If you can hire a luxury car for a week and get a taste of driving it around Kochi, it'll further refine your requirements in terms of size vs rear legroom and driving pleasure.
Turbohead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 18:20   #34
BHPian

If you intend to hold on to the car only until its extended warranty period, then my advice to you to go for cheapest of the lot (of course without compromising on your other requirements). Which leads us to only 2 options - Superb and Camry.

Superb is actually the benchmark for rear seat comfort (below 60L) and of course a Skoda is always better to drive than a Toyota. Camry though is not far off in comfort and driving pleasure. Of course, in terms of luxury and features, the Camry excels since it is the newest of the two. Regarding the ingress and egress, you may want to check it out by yourself.

However, the only factors are the reliability and service network for Skoda and Toyota, which I am sure you know who is "THE ONE".
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 20:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet0051 View Post
Voted for Mercedes C Class the interiors, fit and finish, plushness, overall this car feels like a 50lac car but if its a petrol it will be BMW 330i though i just don't like Beemer interiors.
Correct. The cheapest, 3rd rate plastics everywhere. This is what infuriates me. Why can't they just fix the plastics issue and make this the best car in the segment.
Old 23rd June 2022, 21:07   #36
BHPian

@MZee congrats on your retirement sir. Time to relax!

Had I been in your shoes and had it been my money on the line, I would've gone for Skoda Superb L&K (₹46 lakhs on-road). It is such a great car and there is not much to gain by paying ₹20 lakhs more, to be honest.

But since it is your money and a retiring man only deserves the best, I'd say it is the BMW 3 series Gran Limousine which sets the benchmark in your budget. It is just that small step above in every aspect.

The XC60 costs ₹84 lakhs while the E class range begins from ₹83 lakhs onwards in Kochi. They were both great choices. Second to none in their segments but slightly above your suggested bracket.

Be at peace with whatever choice you make. Cheers!
Excommunicado is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed