Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2021, 03:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pre-owned sports car for Rs. 75 lakhs

I have no experience with any of the cars you've listed. All I can say is, snap up that RS7. It is hands down the best when it comes to agility & grip. I doubt if the other cars you've listed can hold a candle to it.

My inclination towards the RS7 comes after driving the S5. It is an absolute riot on wheels. Its the kind of car where you don't need to be an expert to enjoy it. You can push the car so hard and that Quattro system will keep everything in check. The grip levels are to be experienced. For comparison sake, even though the Mercedes C63 AMG does the dash to the ton in 3.9 seconds, the same is achieved in the S5 in 4.2. For something (Merc) with 500bhp, that gap isn't too far off. Besides; you could probably snap up a brand new S5 for a little over your budget so why bother going used.

My cousin (who owns the S5) drove the C63 AMG last weekend. This was a Pune registered car and loaded to the gills.

The Good:
Good sound
Nice handling. A hoot to push around corners. Totally rear biased
Looks great
Burmester sound system
21 inch alloys
Can be a mad car as well as civilized

The not so Good:
Did not wow him over the S5. Had higher expectations for something with 500 horses
Will need to be careful with all the Carbon fibre bits.

Hope this helps, guides you in some way.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 04:49   #17
BHPian

I think you should strongly consider one of these following in the new car route :-
1. GLC43 AMG
2. BMW M2 Competition ( this would be my first preference )
3. C43 AMG
4. BMW Z4 40i ( but I hate the way it looks, no offence to the owners )

Also, you might get quite a healthy amount of discounts on these cars brand new as they all have been around for a while now
Old 11th February 2021, 02:50   #18
BHPian

How about the Audi TT in the Roadster variant?
Has a sweet V6 churning out 256 BHP, missing on the convertible aspect though.
Old 11th February 2021, 05:39   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If you are ok with a 4 door sedan, head to the nearest bmw dealership and book your M340, should be here in March/ April.
I think his heart is set on a sports convertible car and he also has a C Class already. Having driven the M340i XDrive I don't think it'll suit. The M340i is just too understated and sleeper to look at.

I think the M2 would suit his requirements more. The F87 M2 could be a future classic. It's not a convertible though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan999 View Post

Also I currently drive a Mercedes C Class AMG which I am really happy with because it offers both luxury and a decent power for price (245 bhp).

Expectations
- I love the sound of a V6 or a V8 engines (the crackles and pops), so I would prefer a car with one.
- Practicality is something I can compromise on a little bit but wouldn't mind if I can drive the car around at least on a decent enough road freely without worrying.
- I am a bachelor so even a 2 seater works for me.
- I would absolutely love to own a convertible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
If I were you, I’d get me a Nissan GT-R. It’s only downside — it’s not a convertible.
That's the only downside? It's 13 years now and IMHO the only thing going for it is it's legacy. It's AWD tech was groundbreaking a decade ago but not anymore. The competition offers so much more at that price point.

Last edited by kiku007 : 11th February 2021 at 05:57.
Old 11th February 2021, 22:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan999 View Post
Hey everyone,
Happy to see such different perspectives from everyone.

I have found a pre-owned Z4 (6 cylinder engine) 2020 model. Price quoted is 85 lakhs (negotiable).
As far as I know, when a car leaves a show room, it loses almost 25% of its value. So is this a good price for the car? I am interested because its pretty much a new car.

The dealer is ready to get the car checked from BMW itself for any issues.
BMW non-M cars are one of the highest depreciating cars around in the used market. Especially those out of warranty, or nearing the end of warranty. I am not very familiar with the Indian Bimmer market but if you are unaware of the depreciation and the value of the car, you can always pitch one dealer's car against another to get few tens of thousands knocked off. Unfortunately, if the car is rare, you will not be able to perform such a maneuver.

Lastly, like others have pointed out, why not an M2/M2-Competition? That is the BMWs current best real-world sports car. Also has the 2+2 seat setup and I am sure it will keep (or not terribly depreciate) its value 10 years down the line. Perhaps the only flaw in M2/M2-C is its suspension that can rattle your bones because of its stiffness. Z4 is a much softer ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I think the M2 would suit his requirements more. The F87 M2 could be a future classic. It's not a convertible though.
Certainly a collectible BMW!

Last edited by shree_shell : 11th February 2021 at 22:55.
Old 12th February 2021, 00:26   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarediAni7518 View Post
I think you should strongly consider one of these following in the new car route :-
1. GLC43 AMG
2. BMW M2 Competition ( this would be my first preference )
3. C43 AMG
4. BMW Z4 40i ( but I hate the way it looks, no offence to the owners )

Also, you might get quite a healthy amount of discounts on these cars brand new as they all have been around for a while now
I did contact bmw showroom.
There is absolutely no discount on the M2 and the Z4s

The reason that the sales guy mentioned was that these aren't volume cars so even they don't have targets of selling them. Plus the waiting on the new ones is 4 months.

Also pricing wise, z4 comes around 99 lakhs on road (Hyderabad) and M2 Competition comes around 1.16 crores. This would cross my budget big time.
Old 24th February 2021, 16:31   #22

Logged in after ages.

I would say go for Porsche Boxster/Cayman if you really want the sports car feel. Its a everyday sports car.

Second options as highlighted above you should try GLC43 AMG its a SUV but a real fast one & you can practically go anywhere with this.

Third one I would recommend Audi TT. Its a cute little sports car & ground clearance is great doesn't touch anywhere.
(had one so speaking from experience)

I own Boxster & GLC 43 AMG but My favourite is Porsche Boxster.
It has a different charm to it. Its just incomparable.
mickey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 12:58   #23

Need Advice buying a performance car(m2 etc)

Greetings Team BHP!

This is my very first post in this forum so here it goes. Glad to be here

Cars are a newly acquired passion for me and I want to take it further. I currently drive a Mercedes E350d(2018) which is not the best car for self drive. I am looking at perhaps a used performance car (budget is about 80-90L depending on the deal. I have found a 2018 M2 competition and a 2015 RS7(would prefer a car which is not as long tho) both barely driven that im considering. Know these two are very different cars but the deals are pretty good. Can you recommend me some other options and other places i can look for used sports cars. Right now i am going through BBT. Also is it worth waiting for the new mustang launch or any upcoming new car( can shill out more for a brand new).Please enlighten me as I am new to the Indian Car Scene. Thank you!
Old 23rd May 2021, 23:35   #24
BHPian

Re: Need Advice buying a performance car(m2 etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegito9003 View Post
Greetings Team BHP!

This is my very first post in this forum so here it goes. Glad to be here

Cars are a newly acquired passion for me and I want to take it further. I currently drive a Mercedes E350d(2018) which is not the best car for self drive. I am looking at perhaps a used performance car (budget is about 80-90L depending on the deal. I have found a 2018 M2 competition and a 2015 RS7(would prefer a car which is not as long tho) both barely driven that im considering. Know these two are very different cars but the deals are pretty good. Can you recommend me some other options and other places i can look for used sports cars. Right now i am going through BBT. Also is it worth waiting for the new mustang launch or any upcoming new car( can shill out more for a brand new).Please enlighten me as I am new to the Indian Car Scene. Thank you!
Welcome to the forum Vegito!

Both of the options listed by you are poles apart. The RS7 is much more practical but is lost in a sea of sedans.

The M2CS is much more of a focused sports car, but would be harder to live with when you directly compare it to the RS7.

Will you be keeping the E or will the sports car be your daily?

Your typical used car portals, TBHP Classified, BBT and some garages in your area which usually work on sports car are all good sources for finding and buying a used sports car.

All the best with the search!
Old 24th May 2021, 10:05   #25
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 24th May 2021 at 15:06.
KingKong is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th June 2021, 19:26   #26
BHPian

For value, just go for either a 911 or previous generation M3 with V8. Most bang for your buck.
You may also consider a Cayman, however if the difference is marginal better go for the Carrera.
Adios
Old 9th June 2021, 20:34   #27
RMN
BHPian

BBT prices are generally on the higher side, so you could always get a better deal elsewhere. For example, you can get a V8 F-Type for the money they are asking for a V6.

About the F-Type, doesn't handle like a porche but is bonkers fun. The pre 2016 (not sure about the year) were RWDs and were fun to slide the rear with all that power. The interiors are the generic Jaguar itself and watch out for buttons and knobs that get sticky with time. The F-Type is kind of a European muscle car that's handles better . Its does turn a lot of heads especially in the right color.

Last edited by RMN : 9th June 2021 at 20:36.
Old 12th June 2021, 23:02   #28
BHPian

A Porsche would be my pick for a true convertible sports car experience (though I prefer hard tops myself). A previous generation Boxter or an older 911 I think checks all your boxes and you should be able to definitely get one under your stipulated budget.

I wish you luck in your search.
motorotor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks