Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2021, 12:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Concerns over buying an entry-level luxury car in a tier 2 city of India

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodex View Post
I think that is a little on the higher side but are you getting the color of your choice?
I am not getting any discount on the ex showroom. The dealer isn’t charging me for BSI 3years, insurance b2b and d and p. I just need to pay for the registration, which comes to 9%.
I feel the same that the price is steep. How much should I negotiate it to?
Old 22nd June 2021, 17:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirDiwakar View Post
I am not getting any discount on the ex showroom. The dealer isn’t charging me for BSI 3years, insurance b2b and d and p. I just need to pay for the registration, which comes to 9%.
I feel the same that the price is steep. How much should I negotiate it to?
What is the ex-showroom price being quoted? I would recommend waiting, but my only concern is that with the price increases Merc has been doing BMW might also go that way. In 2020 itself they had a price increase in December. And I am not sure how much longer they will keep 330i non M-Sport, 2 series starts with M-Sport model only for petrol. They newer versions will have the updated iDrive etc. and that could result in a price hike.
Old 23rd June 2021, 03:03   #33
BHPian

I am being quoted 50,50,000 as the ex showroom. The dealer is giving me insurance, BSI and delivery and processing for free. After road tax this comes to 53,84,000. I am getting the colour of my choice.
Quite certain that BMW will resume Sport production in July.
I am not sure if I’d want to wait for it. Reason being, I see myself as owning this car for the next decade and would want to buy the variant with all bells and whistles.
Is 54L a fair price for the 330i M Sport? The dealer is offering about 2L in discount (1.5L insurance + 40k BSI + 10K D&P).
NirDiwakar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 06:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is offering about 2L in discount (1.5L insurance + 40k BSI + 10K D&P).
Instead of taking the dealer insurance, have you checked with insurance companies for direct quotes? Or the dealer insurance minus the discounts are the same as direct quotes?
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 08:33   #35
BHPian

This dealer is comfortable giving discounts only in this way. He has made it clear that, I can't swap the discounts for reducing the ex showroom price. His rationale is, that BMW isn't supporting them with discounts and what he is offering is from his margin. I understand this might not be entirely true but, I have seen all dealers offering discounts in the same range. I haven't visited any of them in person. Shall I expect more discounts when negotiating in person? What should be a fair discount on the 330i MSport?
Old 23rd June 2021, 09:31   #36
BHPian

The prices of BMW are to increase by 3 % from July 1st, is what I have been informed, do freeze your purchase price with your dealer to insulate you from this increase, if at all.
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 09:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Is 54L a fair price for the 330i M Sport? The dealer is offering about 2L in discount (1.5L insurance + 40k BSI + 10K D&P).
I think you should be able to get it down by another 1 lakh and then it would be a decent deal. From the sounds of it, it seems you have made up your mind, and if I were you, I won't spent too much time nickel and diming over the price. It is harder to get the same discounts in smaller outlets that people get in metros. In current scenario, I don't think you can much more discounts than that anyway.

At the end of the day, it all depends on whether you love the car or not, you would forget the price paid in a few months and experience is all that remains

All the best!
astrodex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 16:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
This dealer is comfortable giving discounts only in this way. He has made it clear that, I can't swap the discounts for reducing the ex showroom price. His rationale is, that BMW isn't supporting them with discounts and what he is offering is from his margin. I understand this might not be entirely true but, I have seen all dealers offering discounts in the same range. I haven't visited any of them in person. Shall I expect more discounts when negotiating in person? What should be a fair discount on the 330i MSport?
Even if the Dealer is giving the 2L discount from his pocket, it's way too little (Dealers have huge margins on these cars). Currently, I do understand the production levels are down, therefore, low stock availability and you're paying way more for the car.

https://shop.bmw.in/#/stock-locator
Do check out this website, it might help you greatly, and do negotiate hard. Don't give up and always remember a car in the dealer's stockyard is his liability and with each passing month, this liability of moving the stock increases. If you have your funds ready then you're in a better position than the dealer and hence, no harm in trying to negotiate hard, as much as possible.

I also believe that in this deal, a 3/4L outright discount is possible instead of the 2L you have been offered. Do meet the dealer in person and do place your chequebook on the table while negotiating. You might have to return back home empty-handed on the first visit, but the second visit would definitely show something better and you might get a better discount.

Last edited by sampadroy : 23rd June 2021 at 16:51.
sampadroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 20:08   #39
BHPian

I would’ve already met them in person. Unfortunately, it’s in a different city. Would still try to get more discounts.
Old 31st July 2021, 20:31   #40
BHPian

After a lot of thinking, I am booking a blue 330i sport tomorrow.
The salesperson confirmed it will come with Virtual Cockpit Professional with ID7 OS. The scheduled delivery is towards the end of August.
For going ahead with this purchase I didn’t consider any other car.
I wanted to go via the pre owned route and get a less driven 330i MSport or 530D. Unfortunately, used car dealers have hiked the prices and no one is ready to even negotiate below 50L for 3 year old models.
The rationale given was silly to say the least.
NirDiwakar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:42   #41
BHPian

The dealer I booked my car with, Titanium Ranchi isn't able to procure a 330i Sport. The only other option I have is to book it via a dealer from Delhi (Duetsche Motors). They are offering lower discount. Their offer is below:
* 1,50,000 (retail discount)
* 25,000 (sales head discount)
* 25,000 (accessories)
* 50,000 (management approved)
* 50,000 (corporate discount)

Total discount : 3,00,000.
What should I do? They have told me no new productions are planned for the next two months. Please guide.
Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 16:06   #42
BHPian

I took the delivery of my 330i MSport yesterday, 17/09/21. Thanks to everyone on this forum for their invaluable suggestions. I bought this car without a test drive. Without considering other cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Concerns over buying an entry-level luxury car in a tier 2 city of India-f2fac3c41f754b42b5b8f39381def662.png  

NirDiwakar is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 16:13   #43
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations for the awesome car in amazing blue shade. Do post some photos of the interiors as well.

I saw your previous post just now. So, did you get this from Delhi finally?

To crack a small joke/PJ: The 330i makes me feel very good about my car (S-Cross) as they have similar grills.
Old 18th September 2021, 21:49   #44
BHPian

Thanks. I bought it from Ranchi. I find them similar too
NirDiwakar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks