Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Old 23rd September 2021, 23:18   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Luxury SUV for 75 lakhs to 1.25 crore on-road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonHyd View Post
I would buy volvo xc60. It has got air suspension, massage seats, an incredibly good music system and of course ADAS. It is decently good looking, well built and decently powerful.
Sadly they have removed the Air Suspension from the XC60. But the ride quality is still as smooth. On the plus side, slightly better handling and yes, coil springs are way easier to maintain in the long run.
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:36   #32
BHPian

I was in this dilemma few weeks back, though I didn't carry this wide choices. Though I settled with the Defender, X5 could be the right pick for you in terms of the long term reliablity and efficiency of the bimmer. 530D is my primary car since December 2017 and I clocked 67K even with 4 cars in the garage, guess how much I love this machine. Defender has 9 months of lead time now and I expect nothing less than 8% increase in the prices as the price is valid at the time of delivery. Defender can offer amazing road presence and capabilities, not the 100 km per day need. Cheers
Old 24th September 2021, 00:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanshK View Post
No turbo petrols as the car will be driven 100 km per day!
Volvo XC60 will only be available in Petrol starting this November. Since you mentioned you are not looking at a petrol, If XC60 is what your heart sets on, You'll have to hurry to get a diesel. (I'm getting one in mid-october )

Alternatively the RR Velar seems like compelling option, looks sexy, Great practicality etc. But again reliability is a massive concern. We were on a slightly similar boat sometime ago. Thread- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/236692-luxury-suv-75-lakhs-otr.html

I would bet on the BMW X5 than any other vehicle in this particular price bracket. IMHO the X5 is the best looking BMW SUV right now. I know how it feels to be one, but being a herd buyer has its own perks.

All the best!

Regards
Rishav

Last edited by RishavRBhardwaj : 24th September 2021 at 00:39.
Old 24th September 2021, 08:07   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishavRBhardwaj View Post
Volvo XC60 will only be available in Petrol starting this November. Since you mentioned you are not looking at a petrol, If XC60 is what your heart sets on, You'll have to hurry to get a diesel. (I'm getting one in mid-october )

Alternatively the RR Velar seems like compelling option, looks sexy, Great practicality etc. But again reliability is a massive concern. We were on a slightly similar boat sometime ago. Thread- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/236692-luxury-suv-75-lakhs-otr.html

I would bet on the BMW X5 than any other vehicle in this particular price bracket. IMHO the X5 is the best looking BMW SUV right now. I know how it feels to be one, but being a herd buyer has its own perks.

All the best!

Regards
Rishav
Congratulations on your purchase !!!!! XC60 is definitely the best car in the segment. Will also check it out as it will definitely be much cheaper. The X5 right now is on a back-foot as many of my relatives already own a X5 but I really love that car.
Old 24th September 2021, 14:56   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
I was in this dilemma few weeks back, though I didn't carry this wide choices. Though I settled with the Defender, X5 could be the right pick for you in terms of the long term reliablity and efficiency of the bimmer. 530D is my primary car since December 2017 and I clocked 67K even with 4 cars in the garage, guess how much I love this machine. Defender has 9 months of lead time now and I expect nothing less than 8% increase in the prices as the price is valid at the time of delivery. Defender can offer amazing road presence and capabilities, not the 100 km per day need. Cheers
Thanks for the reply. Could you elaborate why defender diesel is not good for 100 km runs? It would really help me with shortlisting my choices. And also, if you don't mind, could you mention your ownership experience with the Defender?
Old 24th September 2021, 18:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Could you elaborate why defender diesel is not good for 100 km runs? It would really help me with shortlisting my choices. And also, if you don't mind, could you mention your ownership experience with the Defender?
Definitely better efficiency can be expected with diesel, I picked the 2L petrol. My point is about long term reliability. I can feel the difference in refinement within a month of driving the Defender. Take an example of the auto start/ stop feature, it's a millisecond faster in the 3+ year old G30. I'm sceptical about Defender going long miles with this level of refinement.

Defender is huge, a head turner for sure, massive road presence and great capabilities off-road. The turbo lag is visible but can catch-up fast. I could drive less than 700 kms though it's a month!
Old 27th September 2021, 22:10   #37
BHPian

@VanshK my man, look no further
Hail the Fuehrer

Name:  AEECAD3809BE4C86BD4F0712AC326BB5.jpeg
Views: 191
Size:  162.5 KB
Old 29th September 2021, 18:12   #38

UPDATE:- I checked out many cars and the only ones on my list right now are
1) Mercedes Benz E350d
2) Volvo XC90
3) GLE 300d
I am not including BMW 6 GT as I really like the Merc better than the BWM in the rear seat compartment. Also not including JLR due to disappointing rear seats and questionable reliability. I am a bit curious about the XC90 rear seats as I couldn't get a look at them.
Old 30th September 2021, 09:05   #39

Quote:
UPDATE:- I checked out many cars and the only ones on my list right now are
1) Mercedes Benz E350d
2) Volvo XC90
3) GLE 300d
I am not including BMW 6 GT as I really like the Merc better than the BWM in the rear seat compartment. Also not including JLR due to disappointing rear seats and questionable reliability. I am a bit curious about the XC90 rear seats as I couldn't get a look at them.
I am also strongly considering a two car solution with XUV 700 and a lexus es/e-class/6gt etc. I think this will solve most of my problems and still fit in my budget.
Old 30th September 2021, 10:46   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am also strongly considering a two car solution with XUV 700 and a lexus es/e-class/6gt etc. I think this will solve most of my problems and still fit in my budget.

Pick up a new Innova and an M340 or consider a Z4-M40, if you are ok with 2 doors.

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th September 2021 at 10:49.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:13   #41

So I finally booked something. I am going to get a Lexus ES 300h in metallic white and a Mahindra XUV 700 (I am willing to be an early tester of sorts). The Lexus will be delivered before dusshera. Looking forward to making a review. Thanks to all the BHPians who helped me shortlist my cars and provided me with solid advice. What attracted me to the Lexus IS the silence in its cabin and I will be coming from a diesel. Already have a Mini clubman which I bought last year for those weekend drives so I didnít care that much about driving dynamics. Also the xuv 700 really impressed my family members so will be booking it after I go and see it in the showroom today. Feel free to ask me further questions.
VanshK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 22:12   #42

Hearty congratulations on picking the Lexus ES!!! I have recently booked it too and am awaiting delivery on the 10th! You can see detailed comments by many BHPians on that topic titled 'Booked the Lexus ES300h, but am unsure I should I buy a German Sedan instead?

Though your consideration set and need is slightly different from mine, am glad you landed on this choice!!

Happy driving and to be driven!!
Vaahan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 19:52   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaahan View Post
Hearty congratulations on picking the Lexus ES!!! I have recently booked it too and am awaiting delivery on the 10th! You can see detailed comments by many BHPians on that topic titled 'Booked the Lexus ES300h, but am unsure I should I buy a German Sedan instead?

Though your consideration set and need is slightly different from mine, am glad you landed on this choice!!

Happy driving and to be driven!!
Thanks Vahaan. We both are new BHPians. Congrats on your purchase !!!!! I saw your forum before the purchase and, to be fair, it was one the most important factor in my purchase. Excited to get the car soon. Let's hope we have great years ahead with the Lexus. On an other note I got to see the xuv 700 yesterday and it was really feature loaded & quite spacious too in the rear seats.

Most Viewed