Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2021, 17:08   #31
BHPian

Re: Confused between the BMW 2-Series, Mercedes A-Class, X1 & GLA

Well hoping to have a look at the XC 40 within the next week as there currently is no vehicle on display or TD and further they have a 3 month waiting.

The BMW person has sent a proforma invoice considering exchange however the they are charging Rs 95k as service charges. I was of the impression that these charges are illegal and they are a part of the ex showroom price. Can some knowledgeable members clarify the same ?
Old 14th October 2021, 18:14   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke1972 View Post
The BMW person has sent a proforma invoice considering exchange however the they are charging Rs 95k as service charges.
This the only thing part from the vehicle costs they won’t take out and issue a separate invoice for that. So guess, it’s legal. Best will be to negotiate on the base price. But unless anything is slow mover, don’t expect earlier type discounts.

Manufacturers/ Dealers know the situation, so if you are in hurry, just buy and forget. Though, I am not sure how long will this continue and when it will collapse, what’s going to happen.
Old 15th October 2021, 13:22   #33
BHPian

Well though I have not seen the XC 40 physically and not taken test drive I asked them for a quote and they have forwarded a quote of 44.7l with logistics charge component of 89k.

Skoda, Tata, Honda have done away with this logistics charges however the luxury car dealers are still charging the same. However, Mercedes did not quote any logistics charges.

Summarizing the quotes I got are as follows :

BMW 2 Series 220i M Sport (petrol) : 44.1l (OTR, includes a component towards logistics 95k), immediate delivery, festive discount 3l and exchange bonus 1l.

BMW X1 Xline petrol : 44.2 (OTR, includes a component towards logistics 95k), immediate delivery, festive discount 2.5l, exchange bonus 1l.

Volvo XC 40 : 44.71l (OTR, includes a component towards logistics 89k, there is a special discount of 3.26l festive), waiting 3 months, no exchange bonus

Mercedes A Class A200 : 45l (OTR, festive discount 1.5l) no component of logistics, immediate delivery, no exchange bonus

Mercedes GLA petrol : 49.2l (OTR, no discount), waiting period around 1-2 months, no exchange bonus

Also got the rough quotes for Audi A4 Premium Plus : 45l OTR and Q2 Premium: 34 l however did not pursue the same as Q2 was smaller than the requirements and A4 was a tad too large and they are not offering much discounts as the stocks have depleted.
Luke1972 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 10:52   #34
BHPian

It is not clear from your post what your objective for buying a new car is except for the fact that your current car has to be retired. Q2, A4, Jeep Compass, Kushaq and Taigun which you have mentioned fall into very different categories of vehicles in terms of objectives like driving pleasure, luxury, status, commuter vehicle, value for money. I would not go for any vehicle just because there is a deal on it currently. Ask yourself what exactly do you want from new one? Is it pure thrill at any cost with little consideration to passenger space since you will be mostly driving alone? Then it may be Q2 or similar. A4 will be for overall luxury and fit, finish and good power bit at a higher price and running cost. Similarly, Kodiak, Kushaq, Taigun etc.

Why not a used car?

Personally, I would never spend money on A series, 2-series etc as many of them or FWD cars with feeble engines with just a badge. Bang for the buck is really low.
If Compass ticked all the boxes, your choice should boil down to one of its close competitors and Q2 etc are not one of those, except may in be the price.
Old 17th October 2021, 21:37   #35
BHPian

Looks like the XC40 is still standing tall after your first round of quotes. Have you checked out the Skoda Octavia? I have test driven this one and came away quite impressed with the power, comfort, ride and handling, and quality. I still think that the Octavia and Tiguan are the dark horses in the race on merit. They will take hard earned rupees much further. BTW, I am in a similar boat as you, Luke! So am eager to see where this thread concludes.
Old 20th October 2021, 22:12   #36
BHPian

Well wanted to update that I had availed a Test Drive of the Volvo XC-40. The car was striking in appearance and had a nice stance. It was packed with safety features to the brim. The quality of interiors was top notch and the adaptive cruise control at this variant was one of the best features, I experienced in evening rush hour traffic. There seeped in tyre noise in the cabin nothing unpleasant however a little louder than anticipated. Quite nice space management and felt good. Still in contention. Waiting of around 3-4 months is a bummer.

I felt that the X1 was a little better to drive.
Luke1972 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 15:55   #37
BHPian

Sorry for the successive post. Just wanted some opinions regarding an offer of 41l OTR for a demo BMW 220i M sport variant which has 6000 kms on the Odometer. Is this a good deal ?
Old 31st October 2021, 16:32   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke1972 View Post
Sorry for the successive post. Just wanted some opinions regarding an offer of 41l OTR for a demo BMW 220i M sport variant which has 6000 kms on the Odometer. Is this a good deal ?
No A Big No, especially for a bimmer. In that 6000 km, it must have been exploited the most. IMHO Just get the X1 for 44, it would give you peace of mind. Maybe you can grab more discount in the upcoming festive season or in the year end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks