BMW X3 65 33.51%
Audi Q5 11 5.67%
Mercedes GLC 21 10.82%
Land Rover Discovery Sport 24 12.37%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2022, 19:53   #61
BHPian

Re: Volvo XC60 vs BMW X3 vs Mercedes GLC vs Audi Q5 vs Land Rover Discovery Sport

Guys so finally it is the X3 which i took. after lot of confusion, thinking, scratching i dropped the GL and went for the X 3.

We took delivery of the 2 vehicles, 1. Tata Safari 2. BMW X3

Initial images are attached for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo XC60 vs BMW X3 vs Mercedes GLC vs Audi Q5 vs Land Rover Discovery Sport-whatsapp-image-20220306-9.18.34-pm.jpeg  

Volvo XC60 vs BMW X3 vs Mercedes GLC vs Audi Q5 vs Land Rover Discovery Sport-whatsapp-image-20220306-9.18.36-pm-1.jpeg  

Volvo XC60 vs BMW X3 vs Mercedes GLC vs Audi Q5 vs Land Rover Discovery Sport-whatsapp-image-20220306-9.18.33-pm.jpeg  

kdeepakk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 00:00   #62

Re: Volvo XC60 vs BMW X3 vs Mercedes GLC vs Audi Q5 vs Land Rover Discovery Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Guys so finally it is the X3 which i took. after lot of confusion, thinking, scratching i dropped the GL and went for the X 3.

We took delivery of the 2 vehicles, 1. Tata Safari 2. BMW X3

Initial images are attached for reference.
Congratulations!
BTW, which variant of X3 did you take, and any specific reasons/your analysis behind selecting that variant?
Old 21st March 2022, 15:55   #63
BHPian

Got BMW X3 Sportplus and bought this as it was much cheaper than Msport and the features that was in Msport compared to Sportplus didn't matter much.

Features that are missed from Msport to Sportplus:

1. Center Display smaller by 3 inches
2. Instrument cluster ( Msport - Professional Plus and Sport - Analog )
3. Adaptive Dampers ( till date I didn't feel that I am not having it )
4. Performance Control
5. Msport Badging

Engine, gear box, everything in the vehicle is same.

Thats it, for these we have to pay around 8lacs more, so opted for sportplus.

regards
Deepak

Last edited by Sheel : 21st March 2022 at 16:34. Reason: Typos. Please proof read before submitting your post. Thanks.
kdeepakk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 11:03   #64
BHPian

I also want to upgrade to a luxury SUV in a similar price range from my Duster AWD. I see the poll heavily favours BMW X3 but after reading reviews and doing my research, I am finding Audi Q5 more suited to my needs. Here are my reasons:

1. I have read that the Quattro AWD system is the best in the segment. I am not a hardcore offroader but have done quite a few challenging trips like the Leh-Manali highway in monsoon and winter Spiti. So, a good AWD system is a must for my peace of mind. There is also a separate off-road driving mode in Q5.

2. Audi Q5 has the best ride quality which is again very important as I do very long road trips, especially in the mountains.

3. Boot in Q5 seems to be more practical than BMW X3.

4. Can see full-size maps in the Audi instrument cluster which is good for navigation.

5. I don't know why but I feel Audi Q5 comes out as a more rugged and reliable SUV. During my last trip to Ladakh, I had done a hundred-kilometre stretch of nearly absent roads (only gravel and dust). I am afraid more electronics of the BMW X3 will be more prone to failure in such terrain. I may be wrong about this, so please correct me.

6. BMW X3 has RFTs which have stiff ride quality plus they are more prone to damage due to thin side walls (as I have read in this forum). On my last trip to Spiti, a sharp stone slid the side wall of my tyre and it was an MRF Wanderer. So, I feel RFTs in BMW will be a great risk in such terrain and I will have to switch to tubeless very soon, which will cost me extra.

7. Discounts on Audi Q5 can help me save a few lakh rupees over BMW X3.

On the downside, BMW X3 looks much more modern and attractive. I am yet to take a test drive on both and need to judge them on the above points, so please let me know your opinions.

Last edited by shashankjain16 : 3rd November 2022 at 11:26.
shashankjain16 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks