Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 16:42   #16
BHPian

Re: Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3

By X3 LCI are you all referring to the X3 30i SportX model?

This is what I got from the dealer ( pl see attachment).

Can experts here please tell me :

1. What are some reasons to prefer or not prefer the Diesel model.
2. What are the chances of govt restrictions on diesel cars in next few years.
3. If we leave out the 20 Inch alloy, 360 degree camera and Gesture control in 30i Msport( these will come only with the launch editions of X3 30i Msport), the difference with SportX is :
a) Multi link coil suspension vs Dynamic Dampers
b) Speaker System
c) larger infotainment system
d) Cockpit - Plus vs Professional

Would (a) and (d) above make much of a difference to a first time BMW buyer?
The price difference is likely to be 10 lacs between the two petrol models.

Appreciate advice here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf X3.pdf (231.1 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by Srinivas C : 19th January 2022 at 16:46.
Srinivas C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 17:34   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GokuTorqueRider View Post
X3 Xdrive30 M-sport: This was never under our radar until the scratch on the underbody during a TD on the 530i as we like to drive around a sedan at least till the early 40s, but the new x3 design and the old x3 reviews made me rethink on owning an SUV.
Between the 330 Li, 530i and X3, if budget is not an issue, I would suggest you go for the X3 as it will take you to lot more places than the 330Li or the 530i.

Quote:
Kun is the only dealership available in Tamilnadu I tried reaching out to BMW Navnit and BMW Deutsche Bengaluru but both replied that they are not allowed to sell outside Karnataka due to some restrictions from RTO.
You could also check with other dealers like Mumbai. They may be willing to ship the car in a container with temporary registration and you can get the registration done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Would (a) and (d) above make much of a difference to a first time BMW buyer?
The price difference is likely to be 10 lacs between the two petrol models.
For a sedate driver dynamic dampers may not be of much use. But for a driver who pushes the car in the corners, the dynamic dampers will make a huge difference.
graaja is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 06:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I am quite curious to know why BMW does not offer a simple customisation on their cars.
Today had a chat with Sales representative and was checking with him on the possibility of changing the Sensatec artificial leather to Vernasca real leather on both 5 series as well as the upcoming x3 (as I am still confused between these two)by paying the difference amount but he said they can not offer that .
The lower priced 330LI has a Vernasca leather why not the 530i or the X3 30i
BMWs are highly customisable . It's likely the Indian market that is the problem - where they don't allow indented cars ?

Watch some YouTube videos where you have individuals customising their cars at UK dealers

And before you say ' Oh ! but that's an M2 ' . I was able to customise my own car which is a 4 cylinder .

Last edited by shrjun : 20th January 2022 at 06:27.
shrjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 00:48   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

If you’re going for the 2022 X3 LCI, then would suggest the MSport, because the SportX Plus misses out on essential kit expected in such an expensive car.

In terms of OTR pricing the X3 MSport 30i lands right in between the 330i GL and 530i although the sedans may have some discounts on them.

And that wireless charger is a good riddance . Wished my car didn’t have that phone-heating pad!

Even if you’re not interested in a diesel, I feel you should atleast once check out the existing (pre-LCI) X4 30d (should be having a stock clearance currently). I’m sure the 6cyl engine will blow you away!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 21st January 2022 at 01:00.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 11:54   #20
BHPian

I assume the new X3 is petrol only model.
The mileage info as per website is as below.. does it translate to 7.59kmpl?

Fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 13.17
Old 21st January 2022, 17:53   #21
BHPian

Guys urgent help needed on the finalising the car........

Am booking the car on monday max, so i am stuck between BMW X3 or 3GL.

X3 is Petrol, mileage is 9-10 city and 12-13 highway
3GL is Diesel, mileage is 10-12 city and 14-16 highway

So which is the better option Petrol or Diesel thinking of future of Diesel vehicles.

Service packs for 5years and 100000 kms is
Petrol X3- 360000
Diesel 3GL - 420000

Warranty
Petrol X3 - 200000
Diesel 3GL - 162000

i will keep it for next for 7years for sure, Difference in the vehicle cost i am getting is around 15 lacs approx.

regards
Deepak
kdeepakk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 18:55   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Am booking the car on monday max, so i am stuck between BMW X3 or 3GL.

X3 is Petrol, mileage is 9-10 city and 12-13 highway
3GL is Diesel, mileage is 10-12 city and 14-16 highway

So which is the better option Petrol or Diesel thinking of future of Diesel vehicles.
Greatly depends on what are your preferences.

If you like the refinement of the petrol, then the X3. If you like the economy and range of the diesel, then the 3GL.

If you want to take the car to places with very bad roads, then X3. If mostly a highway cruiser, then 3GL. Not that it is not possible to take the 3GL on bad roads. But it will need a little bit more care than the X3 on bad road with big craters and huge speed breakers etc.

Personally, I would go with the X3 Petrol. The refinement and power delivery of the 30i engine is just too good.
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 19:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Greatly depends on what are your preferences.

If you like the refinement of the petrol, then the X3. If you like the economy and range of the diesel, then the 3GL.

If you want to take the car to places with very bad roads, then X3. If mostly a highway cruiser, then 3GL. Not that it is not possible to take the 3GL on bad roads. But it will need a little bit more care than the X3 on bad road with big craters and huge speed breakers etc.

Personally, I would go with the X3 Petrol. The refinement and power delivery of the 30i engine is just too good.
Thanks Graaja,

So i have old parents who are 80 and 70 years old, so need to think of them also. What a situation this is, i never faced this in my previous experiences.
Old 21st January 2022, 19:30   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Graaja,

So i have old parents who are 80 and 70 years old, so need to think of them also. What a situation this is, i never faced this in my previous experiences.
In that case, you need a car that is easy to get in and out. 3GL may be too low for your parents to get in and out easily. I would choose the X3.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 19:38   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Graaja,

These two cars are quite different, I don't think it should be confusing at all. One prioritises go-anywhere ability while other focuses on rear seat comfort.

Ask BMW to send both test drive cars to your home at the same time and let your parents give you their opinion after a test drive together.

If you are still undecided, go with X3.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 23:55   #26
BHPian

Thanks Guys, i booked the Car at Deustche Motors Bangalore as it is good day for us.

But dint tell them 3GL or X3, as i am driving the X3 tomorrow. Today we drove the 3GL in the city traffic, its very low seating, I am 6.2 and my brother 6.4, it felt like sitting very low. But comfort was good and road presence was good, but due to the long bonnet, finding things on the corner when turning, and in traffic, very difficult to find whats in front of us like some dog / cat crawling in front of it. Otherwise everything is perfect, i tried to calculate the difference in Petrol and Diesel expenses, if the price gap remains the same, then i will be spending around 1.5lac for 5 years ( 1lac kms for 5years ). And when i take the service pack for them, GL is expensive than X3, and i will be saving around 1 lac there, so hardly 60k extra for 5 years shouldnt matter when u r spending 70+ lacs for vehicle.

I am also worried about the rain water logging Bangalore streets, not sure if 3GL can manage those big potholes or waterlogs.

Heart says X3, and mind says GL as its cheaper.
kdeepakk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 07:52   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam View Post
I assume the new X3 is petrol only model.
The mileage info as per website is as below.. does it translate to 7.59kmpl?

Fuel consumption in l/100 km (combined): 13.17
Rechecked the website, on the top of the page it says

Fuel consumption, combined
13.17 km/l

and down below it says

Fuel consumption combined in l/100 km:

Is it a glitch or am I missing something?
Shivam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 08:04   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam View Post
Rechecked the website, on the top of the page it says

Fuel consumption, combined
13.17 km/l

and down below it says

Fuel consumption combined in l/100 km:

Is it a glitch or am I missing something?
It should be a mistake in the website. It has to be 13.7 km/l. This is from my experience with the 30i engine in my 330i GT.
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 08:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys, i booked the Car at Deustche Motors Bangalore as it is good day for us.
Congratulations!
Which one did you book if you are still deciding between the two?
Shivam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 13:11   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

But dint tell them 3GL or X3, as i am driving the X3 tomorrow. Today we drove the 3GL in the city traffic, its very low seating, I am 6.2 and my brother 6.4, it felt like sitting very low. But comfort was good and road presence was good, but due to the long bonnet, finding things on the corner when turning, and in traffic, very difficult to find whats in front of us like some dog / cat crawling in front of it. Otherwise everything is perfect, i tried to calculate the difference in Petrol and Diesel expenses, if the price gap remains the same, then i will be spending around 1.5lac for 5 years ( 1lac kms for 5years ). And when i take the service pack for them, GL is expensive than X3, and i will be saving around 1 lac there, so hardly 60k extra for 5 years shouldnt matter when u r spending 70+ lacs for vehicle.

I am also worried about the rain water logging Bangalore streets, not sure if 3GL can manage those big potholes or waterlogs.

Heart says X3, and mind says GL as its cheaper.
Congrats in advance!

Rear seat in the X3 is lacking in terms of thigh support, otherwise it's decent and wide enough for 3 even with the tall central tunnel.

It's upto you whether you prefer the low seating and better rear seat in the 3GL or better ingress-egress of the X3 with better ground clearance and xDrive. And mind you the X3 also has a pretty long bonnet.

In my experience with the X3 30i in the last 5 months, the petrol engine if not pushed a lot and driven decently returns a good mileage of 10-12kmpl in the city. In the 3GL thread someone has managed to extract 20kmpl from a 330Li as well. And the X3 blurs the lines between a SUV and sedan, the handling is very close to a sedan, definitely not regular 3er or 5er level but similar to the 3GL.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks