Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2022, 15:26   #31
BHPian

Re: Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3

Having driven all 3 cars (530i, 330Li and X3) I’d suggest get the 530i M sport if you’re already spending 70+, ride height on the 5 and 3Li is not very different and you get better interior design and sound insulation in the 5, and a slightly wider cabin. Will also handle better. Cheers.
AJ56 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 00:24   #32
BHPian

Re: Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I think there are two very well maintained TN reg bmw cars on team bhp classifieds. 530i and X3 2d. Worth considering. TN roads really good and you can manage a sedan - rare underbody speed breaker scrapes are harmless. Just don't go over large stones and you will do just fine.

Your shortlist is pretty focused already, just go with your gut feeling after test driving with full family.
Currently not looking into a pre-work shipped car as this is my first entry into the Luxury segment want to buy a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post
Hi Goku, its a fantastic situation to be in to upgrade to a mid size luxury car.

COVID or not, the situation is skewed heavily in favour of the manufacturers with the ever increasing prices and non-existent discounts. In this situation, the best bet would be the X3 LCI given its the freshest in the market. But it will also be the priciest and will make you up your budget by another 20L.

As far as I understand from some contacts at Kun (Chennai), the pricing will revise with the 330Li m-sport starting at 68L OTR and the 530i m-sport starting at 80L OTR. The X3 30i m-sport is also expected at an OTR 84-85L. Discounts are not expected to cross 2L because its only offered at the dealer level with no support from the manufacturer.

Good luck and hope you update this thread with your decision. Will be following this thread and hope to follow suit soon!
During the first week of Jan 2022 I was quoted a discount of 2 Lakh but during my last week's test drive Sales assistance told me he can give 1 lakh and can try to push it for 1.5 Lakh max for 530i M-sport. I feel as days pass on they keep on reducing the discount and the price has increased in the range of 60-80k across models, Hoping to finalize the ride soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
If you’re going for the 2022 X3 LCI, then would suggest the MSport, because the SportX Plus misses out on essential kit expected in such an expensive car.

In terms of OTR pricing the X3 MSport 30i lands right in between the 330i GL and 530i although the sedans may have some discounts on them.

And that wireless charger is a good riddance . Wished my car didn’t have that phone-heating pad!

Even if you’re not interested in a diesel, I feel you should atleast once check out the existing (pre-LCI) X4 30d (should be having a stock clearance currently). I’m sure the 6cyl engine will blow you away!
I tried to check for all possible models that come with a decent discount to my surprise, they do not have stock of any of these models in their yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Congrats in advance!

Rear seat in the X3 is lacking in terms of thigh support, otherwise it's decent and wide enough for 3 even with the tall central tunnel.

It's upto you whether you prefer the low seating and better rear seat in the 3GL or better ingress-egress of the X3 with better ground clearance and xDrive. And mind you the X3 also has a pretty long bonnet.

In my experience with the X3 30i in the last 5 months, the petrol engine if not pushed a lot and driven decently returns a good mileage of 10-12kmpl in the city. In the 3GL thread someone has managed to extract 20kmpl from a 330Li as well. And the X3 blurs the lines between a SUV and sedan, the handling is very close to a sedan, definitely not regular 3er or 5er level but similar to the 3GL.
Having never driven an SUV before was worried about sharp corner handling and spirited highway riding handling of X3.
Old 23rd January 2022, 00:27   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Guys urgent help needed on the finalising the car........

===============

Service packs for 5years and 100000 kms is
Petrol X3- 360000
Diesel 3GL - 420000

Warranty
Petrol X3 - 200000
Diesel 3GL - 162000

i will keep it for next for 7years for sure, Difference in the vehicle cost i am getting is around 15 lacs approx.

regards
Deepak
Do we need to buy the extended warranty and service package on day 1 itself?.
I can understand that an extended warranty can be a useful one but how much value we can get out of the service packages during the first 3 years of ownership?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Greatly depends on what are your preferences.

============
Personally, I would go with the X3 Petrol. The refinement and power delivery of the 30i engine is just too good.
Like to know which model will have more value downtime? ( This might not be a deciding factor) but like to know how the value degrades over age between an SUV and a sedan.
How much hassle one may encounter in maintaining an x-drive/AWD system over a while maybe after 7 years?

Quote:
Thanks Guys, i booked the Car at Deustche Motors Bangalore as it is good day for us.

============

Heart says X3, and mind says GL as its cheaper.
Congrats on your new ride hope to see your choice soon . Can you share what kind of discounts has been quoted and the final on road price for the cars . Do they offer any complimentary kits/ essentials for the car?. Here I was offered with some essential kit for which they charge some amount in the OTR price basically all I can get is a 1.5 - 2 Lakh of discount other than that no other offers/complimentary kits.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 23rd January 2022 at 07:49. Reason: back to back posts
GokuTorqueRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 13:55   #34
BHPian

Tough to get decent BMW discounts at the beginning of the year. From what i know of in Mumbai, company is not supporting more than 2 lakh discount across models at the moment. I managed to get a bit more on a 330Li luxuryline since the stock was available at the dealer. Could have waited till March but didnt want to take chance with another round of price hike. Discounts usually get much better in the second half of the year. For reference, the 330Li was being offered at around 5-6 lakhs discount in September last year.
gupta_v_kr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 14:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_v_kr View Post
Tough to get decent BMW discounts at the beginning of the year. From what i know of in Mumbai, company is not supporting more than 2 lakh discount across models at the moment. I managed to get a bit more on a 330Li luxuryline since the stock was available at the dealer. Could have waited till March but didnt want to take chance with another round of price hike. Discounts usually get much better in the second half of the year. For reference, the 330Li was being offered at around 5-6 lakhs discount in September last year.
Congrats on the deal could you help me with the actual discount offered to you and did they provided any other freebies.
Old 23rd January 2022, 18:37   #36
BHPian

I was looking at around 5 lakh discount. The dealer offered me 2 lakh initially. We met somewhere in the middle. I did not ask for any freebies. Please note that insurance was not part of this deal as i am taking insurance from outside. One thing which worked in my favour was that i took the car under corporate policy and my company has good relationships with the dealer. Its a buyers market at the moment and chances of getting fat discounts are low. Waiting for discounts is advisable but i had been waiting since September and had to pay for the price hike.
gupta_v_kr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 20:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_v_kr View Post
I was looking at around 5 lakh discount. The dealer offered me 2 lakh initially. We met somewhere in the middle. I did not ask for any freebies. Please note that insurance was not part of this deal as i am taking insurance from outside. One thing which worked in my favour was that i took the car under corporate policy and my company has good relationships with the dealer. Its a buyers market at the moment and chances of getting fat discounts are low. Waiting for discounts is advisable but i had been waiting since September and had to pay for the price hike.
Waiting till Q2 is fine for me but not too sure that the momentum will change by the time.
Old 23rd January 2022, 21:31   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GokuTorqueRider View Post
Like to know which model will have more value downtime? ( This might not be a deciding factor) but like to know how the value degrades over age between an SUV and a sedan.
How much hassle one may encounter in maintaining an x-drive/AWD system over a while maybe after 7 years?
I don't have any idea about how the value degrades over time for a sedan vs. SUV. If you keep the car for a long time like 7 to 8 years, there may not be much difference in depreciation.

I don't think there will be any extra effort in maintaining an xDrive. If it had anything complex or expensive, then the BSI package for X3 would have been more than the 3GL.
graaja is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 23:35   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I don't have any idea about how the value degrades over time for a sedan vs. SUV. If you keep the car for a long time like 7 to 8 years, there may not be much difference in depreciation.

I don't think there will be any extra effort in maintaining an xDrive. If it had anything complex or expensive, then the BSI package for X3 would have been more than the 3GL.
Do we need to buy the BSI and BRI package right during the delivery or can we delay it until the end of second year?. As knees two alone cost some where near 10% on the on road price.
Old 24th January 2022, 01:09   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Do we need to buy the BSI and BRI package right during the delivery or can we delay it until the end of second year?. As knees two alone cost some where near 10% on the on road price.
you can buy the BSI packages when ever you want ( service within the 1st service / Warranty within 2 years ), but prices will increase as per company rules and regulations and that might be crazy also so.
kdeepakk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 05:02   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BRI can be bought any time before the 2 year warranty expires. Very important: This cannot be bought once the 2 year warranty expires.

BSI can be bought anytime before the first service is due.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 23:16   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Having driven all 3 cars (530i, 330Li and X3) I’d suggest get the 530i M sport if you’re already spending 70+, ride height on the 5 and 3Li is not very different and you get better interior design and sound insulation in the 5, and a slightly wider cabin. Will also handle better. Cheers.
Today took a test drive on X3 LCI 30i M-Sport was impressed with the power and the driving dynamics but definitely it has some body roll and I was feeling some vertical moments on the high speed not sure whether it is due to patches on the highway or it is common in SUV's.

Was surprised with another shocker from the sales assistant that cars manufactured after 20-Jan will not have 360 cams and possibly gesture control too with no change in price.

With things like wireless charger, 360 camera, laser light and possibly gesture control removed from 530i M-sport is the premium of 10 Lakh over 330Li M-sport is worth for just the dynamic dampers?.
GokuTorqueRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 21:39   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Today took a test drive on X3 LCI 30i M-Sport was impressed with the power and the driving dynamics but definitely it has some body roll and I was feeling some vertical moments on the high speed not sure whether it is due to patches on the highway or it is common in SUV's.

Was surprised with another shocker from the sales assistant that cars manufactured after 20-Jan will not have 360 cams and possibly gesture control too with no change in price.

With things like wireless charger, 360 camera, laser light and possibly gesture control removed from 530i M-sport is the premium of 10 Lakh over 330Li M-sport is worth for just the dynamic dampers?.
Yes, because it’s still a better vehicle than a stretched 3 series, be it dynamics, cabin design, cabin width and NVH. It’s a bit like comparing the E LWB with an S, no question which vehicle is superior of the two. Dynamic dampers give you far more control over ride quality/handling over the standard ones.

Wireless charger is mostly a gimmick, it’s very slow at 5W and just heats up your phone. Laser lights I’ll agree are a miss. 360 cam and gesture control if you can get a vehicle made before Jan 20th should be available? Still not deal breakers in my opinion.

It’s because it’s a crossover and you can’t fight physics, the taller the vehicle, the higher it’s centre of gravity, the higher it’s vertical and horizontal movement when braking/turning respectively.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 00:45   #44
BHPian

Its the 3GL guys, so we are deciding to go with the diesel version 3GL and white color.

Some reasons for selecting it over the X3:

1. X3 is not worth 84lacs on road for the features its providing + 6 lacs for BSI plus, so total 90lacs for X3

2. Mileage 6-7kms/ltr in City and i travel around 60-70 kms/day inside city in traffic, so it will cost me around 1000 bucks a day ( 22000 per month & 264000 per annum only for city driving and thinking of highway and all ufff....)

3. 3GL Mileage around 10-12kms and diesel bit better

4. 3GL offer was very tempting, easily saving 15+lacs

5. 3GL leg space as we are 6.4 and 6.2 in height was advantage to

6. Old parents felt better to get in 3GL than X3 cos the X3 doors are small and dont open wide

7. X3 back seat thigh support or leg space is cramped

8. 3GL ride is better than the bouncy X3

These are only mine and only my feedback, not to be same with others.
kdeepakk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 05:25   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its the 3GL guys, so we are deciding to go with the diesel version 3GL and white color.
Congratulations on the booking. You have made very logical conclusions.

When is the delivery? Looking forward to an ownership review.

Most Viewed