Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2022, 06:25   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post

4. 3GL offer was very tempting, easily saving 15+lacs.
Congratulations on the purchase.

What was the exact total discount on the 3GL please?

Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 12:02   #47
BHPian

Re: Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3

Dear All,
Thank you for your inputs. Decided on the X3 Msport . Based on advice recd here and other forums of team-bhp by the veterans , am going for the 19” alloys instead of the 20”.
80 OTR is the quote. Yet to ask for any discounts.
Old 28th January 2022, 18:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Congratulations on the booking. You have made very logical conclusions.

When is the delivery? Looking forward to an ownership review.
Thanks graaja. Yes think we took a good decision on selecting the GL. Delivery will be in March as we are taking delivery of an another vehicle in the Feb so pushed this to March. Feb we will buy the Tata Safrai, so Beamer will have to wait for the march.

Will post some review of the vehicle after i get it.
kdeepakk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 18:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Dear All,
Thank you for your inputs. Decided on the X3 Msport . Based on advice recd here and other forums of team-bhp by the veterans , am going for the 19” alloys instead of the 20”.
80 OTR is the quote. Yet to ask for any discounts.

Msport OTR is somewhere around 83+ in Bangalore. Try to negotiate upto 3-4 lacs on it, its possible. Think of BSI & BRI which will cost another 6lacs more. 20inch alloy was only for the first 50 bookings online, so they are not offering it to anyone. Ride is bit bouncy on X3, many features are missing already, ask them in the future models the present features will be there or not, heard of 360 getting removed from next batch of vehicles so.
Old 29th January 2022, 13:26   #50
BHPian

They refused any discount. I specifically asked for the 19” alloys. I suppose the 360 camera and gesture control also disappear.
Age and the discomfort of ingress into a low slung 530 made me opt for the X3 although the 530 is so luxurious.
Feel happy that I am contributing 30 lacs towards taxes
Srinivas C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 14:22   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Feel happy that I am contributing 30 lacs towards taxes
out of tax paid income, don't forget (assuming it's a personal purchase)
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 16:43   #52
BHPian

Congratulations Deepak and Srinivas! Wish you both the very best.
Old 29th January 2022, 23:54   #53
BHPian

whoever has booked X3 or any other SUV in the range of 80lacs, please hold on till the Lexus NX 300h, it is launching in febraury and its worth the wait.

We had sneak peak view of the NX300h today, it was based on the invite only and we were allowed to see the vehicle, but not allowed for the video or photo, OH MAN, what a vehicle it is, its one level above all the luxury vehicles in that range.

1. New refined Engine ( 0 to 100 in 7secs ) Mileage 14kms city
2. New front grill and lights
3. New Interiors ( 14 inch infotainment wow it is )
4. New Instrument Cluster
5. New Interiors including the door handles, its button open/close, no handles inside.
6. New Rear, its beautiful LEDs
7. Headsup display, new sunroof
8. Safety features best
9. Price range between 75 - 85 in Bangalore
10. Service cost expected around 20k per service ( service pack 30k kms at 30000 )

There are so many more things, now my mind if diverting from BMW to Lexus ahahaha LOL

All the best guys, for all the vehicles you are looking at.

Now i know to how difficult it is to select a vehicle.

Last edited by kdeepakk : 29th January 2022 at 23:57.
Old 2nd February 2022, 22:44   #54
BHPian

Guys,

Out of curiosity, I was checking out prices of luxury SUVs vs Sedans in international market and happened to notice that while an SUV like X3 30i in India is almost similarly priced as 530i (65L ex-show), in US market for example, 530i is 20% more expensive than X3. Then I compared Q5 vs A6 (similarly priced in India) and same there as well: A6 is 20% more expensive than Q5. I thought, maybe this is something specific to US market but then the models are similarly priced in China also. And this is not just true for Germans, even an XC60 in India is also in the ballpark of X3.

Any idea, why that may be the case? Seems to me that a sedan buyer gets more bang for his buck than an SUV buyer in India, right?
Old 4th February 2022, 17:20   #55
BHPian

After so many visits and negotiations, there was no discount offered more than 2 Lakh .further, they can not promise what features will be available on my delivery as they do not have clear communication from BMW. Dealer does not promise to add those missing features in the future (like how Skoda does for the ORVM ).with all these factors, I am pushing my purchase plan to Q2. :(
Old 4th February 2022, 23:11   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GokuTorqueRider View Post
I am pushing my purchase plan to Q2. :(
As difficult as it may be, it's the best choice. We shouldn't be held hostage to these types of tactics. If BMW or their dealers can't sort their stuff out, good riddance.

@Goku, the new Lexus that Deepak mentioned just might be the the silver lining your dark cloud. Sometimes, out of the most terrible situations, arise some incredible opportunities.
BeMyWings is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 13:29   #57
BHPian

2 lakhs seems to be the standard discount offered by all dealers of BMW. You can try your luck with dealers of other cities. I believe best discount with bigger dealers are likely to be in the range 3-5 lakhs. While pushing your purchase to Q2 do keep in mind the risk of another price hike which will nullify any further duscounts. With regards to feature deletions/additions, it is true as in MY22 models, BMW added paddle shifts to the 330Li luxuryline. Imagine my surprise when after taking the delivery of the vehicle and ranting to my brother how BMW messed up by not giving padde shifts, he points that the paddle shifts are there��! Even my SA had no clue and confirmed from the specsheet once i informed him.
gupta_v_kr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 01:17   #58
BHPian

@goku, this might not be the exact version coming to India, but it should help give you somewhat of an idea of what to expect.

Old 7th February 2022, 01:42   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWings View Post
@Goku, the new Lexus that Deepak mentioned just might be the the silver lining your dark cloud. Sometimes, out of the most terrible situations, arise some incredible opportunities.
Have not considered any other models till now, was somehow attached to BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_v_kr View Post
2 lakhs seems to be the standard discount offered by all dealers of BMW. You can try your luck with dealers of other cities. I believe best discount with bigger dealers are likely to be in the range 3-5 lakhs. While pushing your purchase to Q2 do keep in mind the risk of another price hike which will nullify any further duscounts. With regards to feature deletions/additions, it is true as in MY22 models, BMW added paddle shifts to the 330Li luxuryline. Imagine my surprise when after taking the delivery of the vehicle and ranting to my brother how BMW messed up by not giving padde shifts, he points that the paddle shifts are there��! Even my SA had no clue and confirmed from the specsheet once i informed him.
I tried contacting dealers in Bengaluru but there have been new restrictions imposed by RTO that bars them from selling cars to other states and in TamilNadu we have only one dealership.
Old 12th February 2022, 17:57   #60
BHPian

I just bought a 530i Msport and wanted to share my experience. I was oscillating between the 530i Msport and the X3 Sport. The A6 and GLC were swiftly ruled out after test drives. The X3 is a shockingly good drivers’ car. Its very comfortable, powerful and has a sedan-like drive. Ultimately it couldn’t compete with the 5 series in terms of comfort and dynamics. The 530i was addictive in a way that the X3 wasn’t. So, if you want a truer BMW driving experience get the 5.
ac-cobra is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks