Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2022, 13:53   #76
BHPian

Re: Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GokuTorqueRider View Post
Did BMW have the features of the insurance they offer?. . . . . .
They say their quote includes BMW Secure Package which covers some extras like tyres, rims etc.
Srinivas C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 18:54   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
They say their quote includes BMW Secure Package which covers some extras like tyres, rims etc.
Hi Srinivas,

BMW dealers are very sly when it comes to this point. BMW India covers the first year of BMW Secure free of cost. This is an additional benefit to you borne by the OEM, not the dealer.

For example, in my 330i Sport case the Secure portion is 35K annually from year 2 onwards. In my case the insurance offered by Deutsche Motoren BLR was 121K while Tata-AIG was 80K for a similar cover. However, in June 2020, it was Unlock 1.0 and I did not have the ability to negotiate for better + DM had the car in stock, hence let it go.

First year BMW Secure is FREE

Last edited by itwasntme : 27th March 2022 at 18:57.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 23:53   #78
BHPian

Had a chat with the sales representative regarding the booking process as the current waiting period for X4 is around 4 months and I like to take delivery by end of August.SR was ok with the delivery timeline as the next batch of X4 is expected around July Mid but he was insisting me to choose between white, blue, and black color. I requested Brooklyn grey but he was sure that there won’t be any Brooklyn grey option going forward. Is this the case before where BMW halts offering a color just after a month and less than 30 vehicles in total?

When I asked about discounts he was quoting around 1.5 lakhs during the delivery time but the moment I conveyed my decision to buy insurance on my own, he right away zeroed the discount component. Has anyone recently tried buying their own insurance and a decent discount from KUN BMW Tamil Nadu?.
Old 15th April 2022, 17:07   #79
BHPian

Finally decided to book a X4 30d black shadow edition Brooklyn grey and done my first payment last week through BMW online store. Got a call from Kun BMW today and to my disappointment they opened up two news.
1. As I expected black shadow edition has been sold out.
2. No Brooklyn grey colour option going forward.

Now the next thing that I have to do is pre book their silver shadow edition which opens for booking later this month. Available colour options for silver shadow edition are white, pythonic blue and carbon black. Not sure what other features might change.
GokuTorqueRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 22:49   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Now the next thing that I have to do is pre book their silver shadow edition which opens for booking later this month. Available colour options for silver shadow edition are white, pythonic blue and carbon black. Not sure what other features might change.
@Goku, I know we love our Black themes, I'm thinking this Silver Shadow Edition is pretty special as well. and it's opened for booking today. 20 Inch rims as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Help me with my conundrum on choosing the right Bimmer | BMW 3-Series vs 5-Series vs X3-unnamed.jpg  

Last edited by BeMyWings : 18th April 2022 at 22:52. Reason: Added more info
BeMyWings is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 21:35   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWings View Post
@Goku, I know we love our Black themes, I'm thinking this Silver Shadow Edition is pretty special as well. and it's opened for booking today. 20 Inch rims as well.
Thank you @BeMyWings, after a bit of hesitation and delay I have finally booked the X4 silver shadow edition 30d pythonic blue.Expecting delivery sometime in the month of August as I will be travelling to India at that time.
I have not test driven any 30d engine or X4, any view on how x4 differs from x3 in handling and body roll will be much of a help.
GokuTorqueRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:05   #82
BHPian

Not sure of the right thread to post this in, looking for help with buying a pre owned 2019 630i GT. The car has done around 38k, doesn’t have any warranty or service package left. The dealer has quoted 56l without any negotiations. Visually the car looks good from the outside, interiors are also mostly good, leather seats are a bit worn and need cleaning. I have the following worries and needed advice from the group

- 38k in 3 years during the COVID times seems a bit high to me
- It’s an outstation number, so using it in Gurgaon may be a challenge
- The expired warranty worries me, especially due to the reported issues around air suspension. Will BMW extend the warranty now? What are typical issues that come up in the 6GT and what kind of expense should I be budgeting for ?
- what would be a good price?
- The Idrive system is I think version 5, can it be updated to the latest one ?

What are other things that I should watch out for? Dealer says will provide service history and I can take it to a service station for an assessment.

Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 16:52   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_nfs View Post
Will BMW extend the warranty now? What are typical issues that come up in the 6GT and what kind of expense should I be budgeting for ?
The Idrive system is I think version 5, can it be updated to the latest one ?
As far as I know we can buy extended warranty only when the current warranty is active at least for one day.
As mentioned in other thread you can expect some where around 5 lakh for air suspension (I may be wrong).
What I learned is that Idrive can not be updated as it is tightly coupled with hardware.
GokuTorqueRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 12:13   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_nfs View Post
Visually the car looks good from the outside, interiors are also mostly good, leather seats are a bit worn and need cleaning. I have the following worries and needed advice from the group
Seats worn in just 38k ?! I would stay away from the car especially since there's no warranty or service pack. If you really like it, try an negotiate aggressively, the car is not worth 58 at all IMO.

You should also get PPI at a BMW dealer and enquire if you are eligible for BPS warranty which should run for 1.5 lakh for 2 years or 75k for 1 year (can be negotiated slightly)
Stradale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 20:13   #85
BHPian

Quick update on my final purchase. There has been quite a delay in my final decision linked to my personal and professional reasons. In the end, I went with the X3 M-sport edition with all the optional packages including laser light, adaptive suspension, HUD, comfort access and heated seats. Happy with my choice and just started exploring the ride. Will soon post my purchase and ownership experience.
GokuTorqueRider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 09:37   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the end, I went with the X3 M-sport edition with all the optional packages including laser light, adaptive suspension, HUD, comfort access and heated seats.
Congratulations on your X3!

Does the India-spec X3 get optional kit like laser lights, comfort access and heated seats? How did you manage to get these optional packages!

Most Viewed