Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 22:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

There is a perfect car that has been made for you. Lexus RX400H Hybrid. For rich people who want fuel economy. Not sure if its flood tested.
Old 5th August 2007, 22:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_tuner View Post
hey...theres this new car thats gnna be launched by a relatively new manufacturer...
its got a huge HUGE cabin space with 3 bathrooms (1 bedroom is optional tho) as well as 21 feet of ground clearance (which will make "jumping" over speedbreakers,cars,buses,short building easy) has a 3957 L engine pushing out bout 2852 horsepower... pretty decent power to weight (the wt mind u wud be pretty close to 15.2 tons tho)
and returns 17 kmpl!!!! (bout 23 w/o the bedroom option)
and yea! 5.24 L on road.

i'm sorry... but...u have waay too much to ask of from ONE car.
cheers tho..happy hunting...
R_T, i am very interested. which car is that for 5.24L ? Is this new manufacturer mattel, matchbox or fisher price?
Old 5th August 2007, 23:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

agent4ferrari ;;;;did u find the right car for ur requirement ? pls do post with details and pics if possible....!
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thats a lot to ask from a car, and from us. Reading such a whole para at a strecth is hard.

i dont have first hand experience with such high end cars.
For all those willing to help him. The requirements have been given in bold.

EDIT: will point out the requirements.
1. a car that does not fall prey to the saltish breeze and then rust.
2. very good ground clearence
3. amazing acceleration, handling and braking ability
4. passive safety features.
5. Comfort & space
6. Fuel efficiency is also important, but can be ofset by installing cng.
7. Budget is not a major question
8. Automatic transmission wiht ABS,EBD,TC,SLIPP DIFFERENTIAL,AIRBAGS, 4WD
9. BMW X3 is first choice, but he is willing to take a cheaper option if all the requirements are satisfied.
Hey Perfect you understood me totally right. Bingo. Id only like to add to the list above that it should very comfortably seat 4 people specially in the middle row and yet have compact exterior dimensions to maneuver in city traffic. Yeah it should be exciting to drive oneself too.
Pt. No. 6 and 9 are very very well understood, thank you so much.
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:17   #20
BHPian

How about a land rover discovery. It will give you what you are looking for including some good offroadability
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
There is a perfect car that has been made for you. Lexus RX400H Hybrid. For rich people who want fuel economy. Not sure if its flood tested.
lexus uses recycled steel that does not last the saltish sea breeze where i live. i need a car bult with grade one galvanized or stainless steel. Mostly all European makes use that. GM, Skoda, Merc, Fiat, BMW, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar and Range Rover use it from whats available in India. However im also concerned about out of metro limits service availability all India or atleast Maharashtra or atleast 400 kms radius around Mumbai. Car should be easily repairable by any rural villager as doing serious off roading can lead to anything you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
A Hyundai Tucson? Other than the Auto tranny, should fulfill all requirements.
Heard it has a horrible AC and isnt a exciting car to drive nor very capable off road. Also koreans use the recycled steel that rusts in no time where i live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
How about a land rover discovery. It will give you what you are looking for including some good offroadability
yes i was considering it but its larger than the x3 fromt he outside and more expensive too

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd February 2008 at 00:09.
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:27   #22
BHPian

If you want to go by Jeremy Clarkson, then BMW X3 aint good
Watch the vid review

Old 2nd February 2008, 22:28   #23
BHPian

If rusting is a constraining problem when it comes to car selection, you can use sacrificial anodes to offset that problem.
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:30   #24
BHPian

BMW X3 is not an offroader. it is more like subaru AWD
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:30   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
You can go in for a Fiat Palio adventure.
Its built to last and will give you 10kmpl in city.
You can also fit in a LPG kit in it.
I am not sure about the price, but I am reasonably sure its cheaper than the X3 by quite some price.
If 10kmpl is too less the other option for you is a Indigo Marina diesel which can give you 15kmpl.
i respect the adventure, costs 105 of the x3, has amazing tata service network, but is not a 4wd or an auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
How about the Mercedes M-Class? Power, safety and build quality, ground clearance all fine?
yes true but the x3 is better from my angle according ot my needs. its smaller, is better to drive and costs as much. also the centre of gravity is much better in the x3 as the width is more than the height. m-class doesnt give same confidence while high speed cornering or over traversing steep gradients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Marketing Head Ferrari oops I mean agent4ferrari, why don't u consider Porsche Cayenne. Since fuel efficiency is also one of your concerns, you can try installing CNG on it, as u already mentioned. I am sorry I couldn't think of a cheaper alternative to BMW X3.
cayanne much larger externally than the x3. not for city driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Buy a Hummer H2 dude. Its "pretty" tough. It would return around 1 km/l, which mind you is quite reasonable .But if thats not good enough for you, you could consider going the CNG way.
i love th hummer but the American build quality, not that much. nor do i like the size for city use. Wish it were made the size of a tata sierra and by a European company.

that reminds me i pretty much liked ht looks of the sierra. great product. tata should think of relaunching it with 4 doors. the safari doesn't give the same feel of a sierra somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
how about fusion ? does it still have the abs pack ? dunno about auto though
doesnt have th auto, nor the awd nor the european build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
He is going BMW X3 and we are recommending Fiat Adventure!! No way, Pajero is made from recycled steel you say, is it the same with Montero. Well how about a Audi Q7?
Q7 too huge for self driving in city. i love tha audi's space age aluminum shell, chassis technology. its light hence fuel efficient and non corrosive too and not as expensive as stainless steel.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd February 2008 at 00:10.
Old 3rd February 2008, 04:13   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

agent4ferrari- I live right by the sea too and my building has several hondas, toyotas,etc and none of them have corrosion issue. Infact i have a decade old honda city and even that has not come up with any major corrosion issue so i dont know what all the fuss is about? Unless you are lookin to keep the car for decades to come.

And i agree with the rest, your thread is leading no where without an approx budget or something concrete on which we can advice you better !
Old 3rd February 2008, 15:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
agent4ferrari- I live right by the sea too and my building has several hondas, toyotas,etc and none of them have corrosion issue. Infact i have a decade old honda city and even that has not come up with any major corrosion issue so i dont know what all the fuss is about? Unless you are lookin to keep the car for decades to come.

And i agree with the rest, your thread is leading no where without an approx budget or something concrete on which we can advice you better !
the problem is in my building they use saline water from the bore well to wash the cars. i can show you 3 yrs old hondas and hyundais with corrosion problems

budget is not an isssue anything best that fits my needs under 50lakhs approx.

Last edited by agent4ferrari : 3rd February 2008 at 15:48.
Old 3rd February 2008, 15:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
If you want to go by Jeremy Clarkson, then BMW X3 aint good
Watch the vid review

YouTube - Top Gear BMW X3

whats the other alternative then?
Old 3rd February 2008, 15:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

How about a Ferrari with spacers and an LPG kit? I know it's a little short on space, and no AWD/4WD, but you can't beat how nippy it is through traffic.
Old 3rd February 2008, 16:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
How about a Ferrari with spacers and an LPG kit?
Instead of red get one in white. It will be easier to maintain and will hide scratches better. And make sure you get a big LPG tank so you can go on long trips. Also see if they have a a crash gaurd so that that your car will be protected in bumper to bumper traffic.

Last edited by khanak : 3rd February 2008 at 16:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks