Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 14:48   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Instead of red get one in white. It will be easier to maintain and will hide scratches better. And make sure you get a big LPG tank so you can go on long trips. Also see if they have a a crash gaurd so that that your car will be protected in bumper to bumper traffic.
hahahaha nice one....
no iv decided on a grand vitara. the service availability is great anywhere. its compact, reliable, safe, can be tuned for more power, amazing off road, nice on road dynamics. Only sacrifice would be the corrosion resistance. When it corrodes for the first time, i will have new body panels put after galvanising them after 3 years when its fully corroded. will consider a cng kit if possible but dont know the compatibility. will buy automatic one in metallic dust colour or white.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:21   #32
Team-BHP Support

Well, I hope you have test driven the auto GV. It is much less enjoyable to drive the AT when compared to the MT. The FE will be really low with the AT version.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:52   #33
BHPian

Alright, you have decided on the GV.
Going through your requirements, I cant help wondering if the Volvo XC70 / 90 would also fit well. the only one problem would be budget, i guess! well i am not sure abt the mileage too. Just wondering!!!
Old 20th February 2008, 16:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Take a look at the new Montero... has everything you need.
Old 20th February 2008, 16:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent4ferrari View Post
the problem is in my building they use saline water from the bore well to wash the cars. i can show you 3 yrs old hondas and hyundais with corrosion problems

budget is not an isssue anything best that fits my needs under 50lakhs approx.
How about investing in a good quality water purifier? A nice little RO plant should cost well within 50 grand, and should produce all the water you need for washing cars. You have 49.5 lakhs to play with now.
Old 20th February 2008, 16:49   #36
BHPian

Montero is a very good option.
Vitara is smaller though.
Old 20th February 2008, 17:15   #37
BHPian

I guess Montero is not available in Automatic Option. Scorpio Automatic is expected in April- June 08.
Old 20th February 2008, 19:33   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Only sacrifice would be the corrosion resistance. When it corrodes for the first time, i will have new body panels put after galvanising them after 3 years when its fully corroded.

OR, you could look after your car instead.
Old 21st February 2008, 04:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

boss you have just asked something that rather feels like childish, if you seriously in need of help to decide purchase a car that with stands the salts, and has good safety features, fun to drive and returns good FE and also is a decent off roader, then get the fiat palio adventure from the showroom, if any are still avaliable!

else sacrifice a few things and buy two cars for the two different purposes, as you are already willing to spend to get a x3 you can split the money and get two decent cars, one for offroading and one for the fun driving!

may i suggest the M&M for a off roader/ cheaper so can be replaced once every 3-4years and a nice fast car like skoda rs for the fun to drive kind?

and if rusting is such a major concern then get a good anti rust coat dont every once in a while!

Last edited by rider60 : 21st February 2008 at 04:27.
Old 21st February 2008, 04:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hahahaha nice one....
no iv decided on a grand vitara. the service availability is great anywhere. its compact, reliable, safe, can be tuned for more power, amazing off road, nice on road dynamics. Only sacrifice would be the corrosion resistance. When it corrodes for the first time, i will have new body panels put after galvanising them after 3 years when its fully corroded. will consider a cng kit if possible but dont know the compatibility. will buy automatic one in metallic dust colour or white.

okay dint read this and i posted as the requirements asked for sort of made me miss that post, well if the corrosion is the only big problem, then have the car checked and get a anti rust coating done every once in a while, say 6 months!

well one thing i wanted to tell you, if you put in the cng it will harm the engine in the long run and also, it wont be that fun to drive car anymore!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks