Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2022, 16:34   #31
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Thank you GTO. Really helpful

Here is the link of the car I like, wish it was Blue, but feel Grey does the justice as well https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...&rk=5&isP=true
Here’s a nice Mediterranean blue one with ivory seats done only 15k, it’s a little cheaper than what you selected but it’s 2017. I own an identical car which is also 2018 Jan and still feels like it’s brand new. So I think this one’s worth taking a look at and maybe you can get a better deal if you bargain a little.

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...ries/d2741843/
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 18:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Here’s a nice Mediterranean blue one with ivory seats done only 15k, it’s a little cheaper than what you selected but it’s 2017. I own an identical car which is also 2018 Jan and still feels like it’s brand new. So I think this one’s worth taking a look at and maybe you can get a better deal if you bargain a little.

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...ries/d2741843/
I called him twice to fix an appointment for which the dealer said he will let me know, never heard back. Also unable to find his dealership on google, so left it there.
Based on the suggestions from respected members and family, I have continuing my search and have not finalized yet.

Team-BHP community is a great help and wonder who would I have called OR asked for advise. Thank you everyone!
Jangra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 18:39   #33
BHPian

Re: Buying a used BMW 5-Series (G30)

To be honest I feel BMW is the most reliable brand of all European brands.My experience with my f10 BMW 530d is stellar. Mine is 2012 model.I maintain my car myself at the best available workshops in Mumbai. I bought the car in 2018 July. It had done just 24671 kilometers. Now it stands at 64972 kilometers.

I have done the following maintenance and I will also mention the tentative costs .
1) Changing all the fluids and replacing filters at 30k kilometers - 22650/- INR
2) Changing all the fluids and replacing filters at 40k kilometer - 25350/- INR
3) Changing all 4 brake rotors (Zimmerman),brake pads(Texstar) & brake fluid(BMW) at 46795 kilometers - 41675/- INR
5) Changing all the fluids and replacing filters at 50k kilometres replaced water pump , drivebelts etc. - 79650/- INR
6) Changing all the fluids and replacing filters at 60k & changing transmission fluid and filter (BMW says its sealed for life but ZF says 8 years or 80000 kms) - 65000/-
7) Bought Amaron battery at 62k kilometers & coded it - 18500/- INR

So total maintenance costs - 253105/- INR

I have bought 2 sets of M sport alloys & tyres at 130000/- INR Didnt mention in above cost because it was a cosmetic upgrade.
I have always opted for zero dept insurance so no point mentioning that costs .
This is just my perspective and experience with my beauty . Satisfaction it delivers its unmatched every time I drive.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th February 2022 at 15:30. Reason: Just adding some spacing to improve readability :)
LEOMAN is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 19:01   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOMAN View Post

7)Bought Amaron battery at 62k kilometers & coded it - 18500/- INR
Thanks for your post, very useful information. I feel routine maintenance expenses you listed will be reasonable even if you get it done at the A.S.S especially fluids and filters. Things do get expensive if parts are involved (like rotors etc) but their frequency will be low for a moderately used car. These days you get Varta AGM battery for around Rs 24K which is preferred given the battery is in the trunk (no spills and fumes etc.)
androdev is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 19:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man - @Mission_PGPX. Loved ones around me are of the opinion that the itch of luxury could wait for another couple years. And to top it all, my conversation with the dealer is not helping to make the decision.

1- Dealer wants the NEFT of token before PPI
2- Negotiation is not going as for my liking, Yes I know its a sellers market

Re: if it is a TD car, Car was purchased in June-2019 and the first service record is registered in idrive as of 31-May-19 done @ 302kms which is claimed to be a PDI - Could it be a TD car?

Re: the gap in insurance June vs Nov, per dealer, he mentioned that the owner did not renew during pandemic and it is a common traits of HNI client

Dealer is very sure there is nothing that will come out of ordinary in PPI and also is happy to take the car to ASC at my cost which gives me a bit of a confidence but not enough yet to seal the deal. Of course PPI is post the final agreed price which is still under discussions.
You can see the type of service in the iDrive. Go to the service section and you'll see the details of each service. Of course, the only items that show up here are what affects the service minder. Accident repairs won't show up here - that would be upto a dealership to reveal to you.

Here's how the PDI and the first service looks on my LCI G30 530d.

A TD car will have kilometers logged and services done against it still. Your case sounds like maybe a showroom display car or some other oddity. The warranty for sure begins at the time of delivery (or sale - some technicality here). You can find the cost of the packages on BMW's website.

The G30 LCI data is here and I believe it is identical to the pre LCI - but the cost of extension is an interpolation between the current package and the effective future package. Again, your dealer can give you exact numbers.

I believe the dealer is trying to strongarm you into a deal with the 2L deposit before doing PPI. I would stand firm on the stance of paying for the PPI and nothing else. Good luck on finding a good car.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying a used BMW 5-Series (G30)-img_20220210_184422.jpg  

Buying a used BMW 5-Series (G30)-img_20220210_184453.jpg  

ImmortalZ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 21:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:

3. If I call the current insurance of that car, will they just let me know if there were any big claims? I mean, why will they?
(My apologies if these questions are answered somewhere)

PS: One thing I like about pre-2020 models are "no speed warnings", which in BMWs are very loud, equally annoying in other cars. Is it just me?
I just got a pre owned Pajero Sport and this site really helps to check on any insurance claims made on any vehicle across any Insurance firm.
https://www.uiic.in/vahan/iib_query.jsp

All you'd need is the registration number, engine number and chassis number.

Caught out a lot of claims on advertised " non accidental" cars. I have verified this works. Just one thing this site does not open on mobiles for some reason
Please open using a laptop/PC
Sandy Damodaran is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 00:22   #37
BHPian

I was open to both F10 and G30 preowned. I got a chance to drive both back to back last Sunday, a 2017 F10 and 2018 G30 with near identical ODO reading.

I believe G30 is clearly a better and tighter car to drive. Also, that 2018 G30 530d felt better to drive than even the newer 530i LCI I test drove in Dec. It felt much more planted than the 530i. I wonder if the TD car had a bent alloy or some other suspension problem.
novice is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 21:09   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
If this is the white 2014 530d KA50P8484 and claimed single owner? Which might not be the case as it has an NOC to KA04 RTO in 2018, so suspect has changed hands without update in registration.
Yes this was the one. He didn’t respond to my queries and I dropped this. Thanx.
Old 12th February 2022, 00:02   #39
BHPian

Jangra, et all, thank you for your insight, experience and most importantly your wisdom about buying a used 5 Series.

This thread has been an eye opener, in many ways more than one. Some of the examples that our members have shared and GTO's personal experience does make me wonder the eternal question, a new MSport 330i vs a used 5. Personally, I'm still some time away from actually pulling the gun, but until then, I will continue reading your experiences hoping to learn more.

Thank you all!
BeMyWings is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 18:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Yes this was the one. He didn’t respond to my queries and I dropped this. Thanx.
I am perplexed by non response from most people who post ads online to sell their cars. Some of them will not even respond to your basic queries, some will abscond when you probe deep. They expect people to pay up what they ask with out countering with any queries. I have no clue why these blokes waste people's time if they have no intention to sell.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 09:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWings View Post
Jangra, et all, thank you for your insight, experience and most importantly your wisdom about buying a used 5 Series.

This thread has been an eye opener, in many ways more than one. Some of the examples that our members have shared and GTO's personal experience does make me wonder the eternal question, a new MSport 330i vs a used 5. Personally, I'm still some time away from actually pulling the gun, but until then, I will continue reading your experiences hoping to learn more.

Thank you all!
If you’re self driven then the 330i will be preferable as it’s got a more powerfully tuned engine than say a 530i or 520d. Also because of its smaller size it will be better to zip around given our crowded roads. If you want comfort and snob value, then the 5 series is better. Another factor to consider when choosing between new and used is that if you’re taking a loan, the interest rates for used cars is higher. That might considerably reduce the gap in the overall cost of new vs used.
ac-cobra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 11:42   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Don't regret for taking this wise decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I am perplexed by non response from most people who post ads online to sell their cars. Some of them will not even respond to your basic queries, some will abscond when you probe deep. They expect people to pay up what they ask with out countering with any queries. I have no clue why these blokes waste people's time if they have no intention to sell.
Forget being responsive, the current owner (not the one on the RC) bumped up the asking rate from 30.5L to 31.5L

Last edited by AirWind : 14th February 2022 at 11:43.
Old 15th February 2022, 14:05   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Don't regret for taking this wise decision!
Forget being responsive, the current owner (not the one on the RC) bumped up the asking rate from 30.5L to 31.5L
Yeah I wont :-)

Initial requirement was to try a I-6 or V6 diesel. Leaving x5 30D due to its size, there are only 2 options- 530d or X3 30d. Hard to find a good one (x3 30d is even harder as model itself is old). Im now thinking of adding GLC300d coupe as well (though its an I-4). Will keep an eye out.
Old 15th February 2022, 18:05   #44
BHPian

Quote:
It is the same car I checked out as well, I even agreed for 30L price. But only after that the owner revealed ODO reading advertised on Olx is in miles. That car has run about 68k kms, not 42k as claimed in the ad. I didn't bother to pursue it after that.

Last edited by novice : 15th February 2022 at 18:06.
Old 15th February 2022, 19:43   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac-cobra View Post
If you’re self driven then the 330i will be preferable as it’s got a more powerfully tuned engine than say a 530i or 520d.
Another factor to consider when choosing between new and used is that if you’re taking a loan, the interest rates for used cars is higher.
Thank you ac-Cobra, both factors you've mentioned are something I may have overlooked. On the first, yes, this will be completely self driven, and considering Pune's famous traffic sense, I think the 330i becomes the better choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks