Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2022, 09:04   #46
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I didn't bother to pursue it after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Yeah I wont :-)
This car and owner ain't worth it! For all you may know - the current owner might sell it to an unsuspecting / uninformed buyer - but hey, the average buyer might be looking for the cheaper and widely available 520d instead and not the rare and expensive 530d.

With BH registration taking off - is buying MH vehicles and run it in KA the way to go? perhaps the RTO won't bother penalizing anymore or paying road taxes for the depreciated value would still be cheaper than buying in KA?
Old 20th February 2022, 18:01   #47
BHPian

Re: Buying a used BMW 5-Series (G30)

Fellow enthusiasts, looked at another 530d today which has done about 27k kms in 4 years. Exterior seems fine and interiors are in good condition (but a little dirty and some scratches on the wooden panels in center console) but not as prestine as I expected for a car at this mileage.

Service history in the iDrive seems fine. But first service is at 15k (delayed!).

Few things noteworthy,
1. Tyres are due for replacement and surprisingly front tires seem more worn out for a RWD! Isn’t it unsual?

2. As per RC, manufacturing date is Jan/2017 but registered in Feb/2018. Could this be a TD car or a very old stock sold at a bargain from the last few batches before G30 hit the roads? (Tires show fag end of 2016 (fronts) and mid 2017 (rear))

Im thinking of ditching this, which otherwise (mainly mileage and age) seems like a good car (service history yet to be validated at the dealer though).
Old 21st February 2022, 09:58   #48
BHPian

Also, wondering why do we have so many G30 520d’s in the market with low mileage. Is there anything wrong with it? I can’t fathom why would anyone buy expensive/luxury cars without doing research. Is it the depreciation benefits alone?
mkc15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 15:22   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, wondering why do we have so many G30 520d’s in the market with low mileage. Is there anything wrong with it? I can’t fathom why would anyone buy expensive/luxury cars without doing research. Is it the depreciation benefits alone?
Interestingly, there are more low run G30 530D's in the market in Mumbai as compared to 520D's (sub 20K driven examples).
I won't be surprised as a lot of buyers like to change their car every 3 years : what is key is to find a good example!
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 10:43   #50
BHPian

Does anyone have any contact in Navnit motors service wing? Please PM me. Thanx.

Also what do you guys think about this 530d?

https://www.olx.in/ad/1663185403
Old 2nd March 2022, 08:48   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Damodaran View Post
I just got a pre owned Pajero Sport and this site really helps to check on any insurance claims made on any vehicle across any Insurance firm.
https://www.uiic.in/vahan/iib_query.jsp
Hi Mayank,

This site does not work on laptop either. Tried without vpn and on multiple browser. IT comes up with 404- Site not reachable.

Can you recheck from you end once and confirm ? Have to help a mate buy a 2nd car.
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 12:01   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Here’s a nice Mediterranean blue one with ivory seats done only 15k, it’s a little cheaper than what you selected but it’s 2017. I own an identical car which is also 2018 Jan and still feels like it’s brand new. So I think this one’s worth taking a look at and maybe you can get a better deal if you bargain a little.

https://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in...ries/d2741843/
We recently brought home this very 530d to replace our 2007 Toyota Corolla. It is a February 2018 manufactured car and does not have an extended warranty or BSI. We sent it over for an inspection at Navnit and closed the deal when we got a clean report.

The ODO stood at 15800kms the day we took delivery.

At the studio for a quick detailing session.
Buying a used BMW 5-Series (G30)-img_0861-2.jpeg
NerdyMillennial is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 14:20   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyMillennial View Post
We recently brought home this very 530d to replace our 2007 Toyota Corolla. It is a February 2018 manufactured car and does not have an extended warranty or BSI. We sent it over for an inspection at Navnit and closed the deal when we got a clean report.

Attachment 2284958
Heartiest Congratulations! This is one purchase i'm sure you will never regret. Its just a really fantastic car to drive and 16k is as good as new.

I think like me, you must have also got the car without Apple car play activated. I had it done the 'improper' way so I'm not able to do the BMW software upgrades anymore. But i would suggest you to ask the dealer to activate Apple car play for you. I think they charge around 30k to do it, but its really worth it. Makes the car's experience so much better.

Once again, all the best! Enjoy!
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 15:17   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone have any contact in Navnit motors service wing? Please PM me. Thanx.

Also what do you guys think about this 530d?

https://www.olx.in/ad/1663185403

Seems like a clean car, but you need to go to Udupi to gauge it, maybe a dealer in Mangalore can check it out. Asking seems obscene though, It is probably over priced by 10 Lakhs!
Old 15th March 2022, 16:50   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Heartiest Congratulations! This is one purchase i'm sure you will never regret. Its just a really fantastic car to drive and 16k is as good as new.

I think like me, you must have also got the car without Apple car play activated. I had it done the 'improper' way so I'm not able to do the BMW software upgrades anymore. But i would suggest you to ask the dealer to activate Apple car play for you. I think they charge around 30k to do it, but its really worth it. Makes the car's experience so much better.

Once again, all the best! Enjoy!
Thank you!

The car already has wireless Apple CarPlay. How can I check if it came from the factory / BMW serivce center at a later point or if it was added through the "improper" coding method by the previous owner?

Upon decoding the VIN online, it does show "S6CP Preparation for Apple CarPlay" included under multimedia.
Old 15th March 2022, 18:09   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2284958
Congratulations. Simply awesome. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Seems like a clean car, but you need to go to Udupi to gauge it, maybe a dealer in Mangalore can check it out. Asking seems obscene though, It is probably over priced by 10 Lakhs!
I checked the service history and some more photos from him. It is a clean and sparingly used car almost deserving a “pre-worshipped “ status but what a pity, its in the wrong hands. This dealer is using the car and has run about 1600+ kms since that ad! (Last 600km without first party insurance!!!). One alloy has some scratches which Im not sure who did- owner or this dealer chap. I took time to convince myself to drop this for this reason.

Last edited by ajmat : 16th March 2022 at 14:46.
Old 16th March 2022, 20:27   #57
BHPian

Quote:
We recently brought home this very 530d to replace our 2007 Toyota Corolla.
Neat colour and find
Congratulations and wish you stress-free ownership
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 13:46   #58
BHPian

Test drove a 520d (G30) for the first time and I really liked the way it handled. TD car was very new with < 4k on the odo. Having driven a Civic for almost 10years, I was surprised how it cleared bumps in my test route. I didn’t have to baby it so much like I used to, with my Civic. I was told multiple times by the executive to chill and not to slow down so much. I ended up doing a bit of careless driving and cleared all bumps without scraping any. So my initial scare is gone. But some queries,

1. Is it true with all 520ds? Or is it because the TD car was very new?

2. Would it clear when fully loaded?

3. Would the 530d clear similarly? (which I believe would weigh much more) I guess the GC is same for 530d as well.

Thanx
Old 21st March 2022, 07:34   #59

Hi bhpians

Need some advice. Getting a 520d luxury line 2019 with just 10k on the odometer. Scratch less looks. The dealer is quoting 46 lakhs after a small negotiation. Anything I should check or worry about? Is it a good deal?
Old 21st March 2022, 16:21   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor4266 View Post
Hi bhpians

Need some advice. Getting a 520d luxury line 2019 with just 10k on the odometer. Scratch less looks. The dealer is quoting 46 lakhs after a small negotiation. Anything I should check or worry about? Is it a good deal?
Pls get the following checked independently
1. Service history / insurance claims: by calling BMW workshop and quoting the VIN. Ask for contact at service center and the good folks there are very helpful
2. BRI/ BSI package existence and validity
3. Take the car for a full Pre-Purchase inspection at authorised BMW workshop before you pay anything. They will charge 8-10K but totally worth it for the peace of mind
4. Test drive as much as you can especially on the route you are going to frequent

Hard to comment on price w/o checking the quality of the car. For reference, I had purchased a 2020, <10k odo, BMW X3 30i for ~55L in Blore recently

Last edited by bhushan08 : 21st March 2022 at 16:21. Reason: Grammar

Most Viewed