Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2022, 09:58   #31

Default Re: BMW 6-Series GT vs Mercedes C-Class vs Volvo XC60 vs Discovery Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay_868 View Post
So which car did you final on?
Also can you please mention how much discount Volvo dealer is offering.
I postponed my purchase as there was no car that I felt I did not have to compromise on in some way. Hence instead of replacing my 2nd car I have for the time being decided to replace my 3rd car with a Toyota Hyryder or Honda City Hybrid.

Volvo did not offer any discounts, same for Merc and BMW. Some discounts are available for BMW 330 Li.
dash2385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 07:28   #32

Default Re: BMW 6-Series GT vs Mercedes C-Class vs Volvo XC60 vs Discovery Sport

Hello everyone!

Was in identical dilemma, looking out for a luxury 5 seater. My requirements included space (including adequate boot space), comfort, luxury and driving pleasure. No preference regarding SUV vs Sedan. Took multiple test drives. None of the SUVs appealed to anyone in the family. Final choice was between E class vs 6GT. The former, although ultra comfortable in rear seats and also more premium looking, lacked usable boot space and was also dull to drive. 6GT fulfilled most of my requirements. Even 3rd passenger fit in rear row appeared better than in E class. Finally booked a 630i Jahre edition. Conventional 630i lacks following features that Jahre has: comfort access, soft door closure, laser headlights. But still lacks 360-degree camera, which I thought is essential in a car this sized. 630d, although any day more powerful and more equipped, was too much of a stretch on budget.

Can anyone please suggest whether retrofitting of 360-degree camera is at all a sane idea?
Old 23rd September 2022, 19:32   #33

An update here. Finally decided to go for two separate vehicles for work and highway trips - XUV700 and 630i MSport for Personal and holiday drives.

There are three issues with the 630i:
1. Test Drive is not available (Dealer has suggested to do the booking and he will arrange a TD before delivery)
2. Fuel economy - A friend has suggested the average could be as low as 5 or 6, while this is not the most important point, it is concerning. Can any existing owners of 630i please confirm what is the FE they receive in city traffic.
3. Delivery & price hike - Have been told delivery is likely to be in November and there might be a price hike.

Any information/suggestion on the above will be immensely helpful.
Old 27th September 2022, 12:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash2385 View Post
1. Test Drive is not available (Dealer has suggested to do the booking and he will arrange a TD before delivery)
Booking a car and then doing a TD? Sorry, don't understand this. You'll be test-driving the car for the rest of your ownership, no?

Quote:
2. Fuel economy - A friend has suggested the average could be as low as 5 or 6, while this is not the most important point, it is concerning. Can any existing owners of 630i please confirm what is the FE they receive in city traffic.
While I don't own one, I can guess a combination of a close to 2-tonne vehicle and turbo petrol motor will give you mileage in single digits within city limits. On my 2-liter turbo diesel Laura, I sometimes get single-digit figures in slow-moving Bangalore traffic, which changes to 2 digits only when the traffic is moving a bit.
vignesh.cv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 12:10   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
Booking a car and then doing a TD? Sorry, don't understand this. You'll be test-driving the car for the rest of your ownership, no?

While I don't own one, I can guess a combination of a close to 2-tonne vehicle and turbo petrol motor will give you mileage in single digits within city limits. On my 2-liter turbo diesel Laura, I sometimes get single-digit figures in slow-moving Bangalore traffic, which changes to 2 digits only when the traffic is moving a bit.
For the 630i there are no Demo cars available for TD. I am quite convinced regarding the purchase unless something dramatically is not up to expectations. Hence have gone ahead and booked the car. The Dealer will arrange a TD before booking. If I do not go ahead with the purchase they will refund the booking amount.
Old 28th September 2022, 13:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
For the 630i there are no Demo cars available for TD. I am quite convinced regarding the purchase unless something dramatically is not up to expectations. Hence have gone ahead and booked the car. The Dealer will arrange a TD before booking. If I do not go ahead with the purchase they will refund the booking amount.
Fair enough the terms and condition of the booking is what I was worried about.
Old 28th September 2022, 19:30   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Even if he's not able to arrange a test drive, can always check out a pre-owned example to get a true idea of how the car will age and perform.

2. Not a 630i owner - but Mumbai traffic being what it is, it is very likely. Our Corolla gives 8-8.5kmpl, and our 328i would hover in the 6.5-7kmpl for pure city driving. Don't expect the 630i to be much better given the added weight, etc. On the highways however, with relaxed right foot - double digits are easily possible.

Most Viewed