No - Stay away from a demo car! 162 82.65%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2022, 11:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Driven - Audi Q2! Unveiling & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Audi connect dongle comes free with every Audi car, this is what I was told by my dealer so dont consider that into the freebies list. Also ask the dealer to give you 5 year comprehensive service included in the price you finalise. Trust me Q2 is not worth spending 34 big ones. You need additional freebies to justify the cost. Is this Audi Mumbai west?
He is not ready for service package, he told me only first service he can offer for free. This is Audi Mumbai South. This is a Pune car and he said the car has been used mainly for display on bank events and display on malls and instead of using flatbed to transport the car, the car was driven to different states for the events.

Last edited by techspark : 12th May 2022 at 12:09.
Old 12th May 2022, 17:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
He is not ready for service package, he told me only first service he can offer for free. This is Audi Mumbai South. This is a Pune car and he said the car has been used mainly for display on bank events and display on malls and instead of using flatbed to transport the car, the car was driven to different states for the events.
Mumbai South has outlets in Pune and Bangalore as well. The car will very likely be driven before giving you delivery here in Mumbai. As I mentioned, being a billed car, the car would not be given at a lower price. The only bargaining chip you have is accessories, service packs and an extended warranty.

Do you work in a corporate company or do you have a business? If you are in a corporate, I guess you can further reduce the cost by going for a BH registration. In that case, you may also be able to push a bit and go for the GLA.
Mechb63 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 20:42   #18
BHPian

Should I buy this 4200 km run Demo Audi Q2?

Hi Guys,

I am having a nightmare of a time making my mind about buying a demo Q2. I have been taking help of fellow BHPians in other Q2 threads to make my decision here but today I finally saw the car in person, took a big test drive and took pictures from all angles possible. I would really want some inputs from Team BHP members, so here it goes:

1. Price quoted to me 34 Lakhs On-Road Daman - Premium Plus II Variant

2. Comes included in the price with 2+3 year extended warranty, Zero Dep Insurance, first service free, Audi floor mats, Audi car cover and Audi myconnect dongle for 3 years.

3. Car is a demo unregistered car billed by dealer on 29 Sept 21 - warranty has already started from 29-Sept-21 and first service is due on 29-Sep-22. I will be the first owner.

4. Car has run 4300 kms. Dealer has told me its a car which was used for events and it was mostly on display in malls and bank events and instead of using flatbed to transport the car from one location to another, they drove the car from one city to another for the events and hence the 4200km on the ODO. The dealer is Mumbai Audi South.

5. I have attached all images with this thread and I am a first time buyer with no experience of buying cars. I currently drive a 9 year old swift and this car is majorly from my savings and a car loan that I will be taking.

6. I plan to keep the car for 7-10 years at-least and I maintain all my cars very well. My usage is around 10k km a year.

7. I test drove Volvo XC40, Jeep Compass, BMW X1, GLA and VW Taigun and out of all the best ones were GLA and XC40 but they are both 20 lakhs above this price and I genuinely don't have that much or it does not make any financial sense for me to put my earnings into them. The brand is very important and given a difference of 4-5 lakhs I would prefer an Audi over a Skoda or Jeep. So in short, I have made up my mind on this car - either I go ahead with it or I wait another 6 months and hope some other demo car shows up which I can get under 40 lakhs.

8. Got quote of 44 lakhs on road for X1 xline demo and 43 lakhs for a-class demo both run around 7000-8000km but still they are out of my budget and I am not keen on buying a sedan.

9. The car has no rattling noise in the long drive I took, the brakes and gear looks fine and only the horn looks a little tight but other than that no issues.

10. Cosmetically, I couldn't spot any color mismatch but there are few scuffs and small scratches on almost every panel of the car. Dealer has told he will machine polish the car and dashboard polish it before delivery and these scuff marks should go. I am attaching pics here.

Now I want to know if I can ignore these scratches and go ahead with this car or is the asking price too high for this car? I noticed the scratches today but the 34L figure was finalized before the scratches so can I negotiate further? What happens if the dealer tells me he will paint the car and give, in that case should I be okay with it or should I just negotiate and how much of price can I bring down in this scenario?

Visually does the car look alright? I followed the team-bhp PDI checklist and everything looked okay to me.

Google drive link with 120 pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...HM?usp=sharing

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time reading this

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th May 2022 at 22:30. Reason: Some formatting edits and using capital letters where appropriate.
techspark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 21:05   #19
BHPian

re: Should I buy this 4200-km demo Audi Q2?

Looks quite good in the photos at least! The scratches will buff out.

Go for it before another Bhpian get's interested in buying it! Good luck!
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 21:15   #20
BHPian

A discontinued model by march 2022. Ex-showroom price 45 lakhs, so OTR in Daman would be about 51 lakhs, am I right till now? If the above is right, the only dilemma you have is to whether to buy a demo car or not, right, because you have no issues with the said model and specifications? So all this is now purely a financial decision, whether at 34 lakhs a demo car is worth or not and what may be the niggles?

If all this right then; sep,2021 built car with extended warranty with 30% less money definitely makes sense. Go for it. Further do not hesitate to negotiate, most of us very bad at negotiating, I am one of them. But lately I have started to but falters sometime. What is the worst going to happen, he will not budge, fine thats okay. You were already ready to pay that amount so you'll pay it. Do ask for full waxing after polishing. Extended warranty is going to take care of most of the things. Scratches are part of car ownership, how much sleep are you going to lose on it. Every car gets a few.
Sran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 22:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

If the car is in good condition and since you really liked Q2 go for it. Looks like your heart is set on it and I see no reason to hold back.
34 lakhs seems to be a decent price for a demo car, if it was not used for test drives. And Q2 will have that exclusivity too. It is seriously fast too.

Last edited by sunikkat : 12th May 2022 at 22:40.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 23:14   #22
BHPian

Stay away from buying a used dealer car. I wouldn't recommend putting your hard earned money plus a car loan on this car. Rather, IMO it makes much more sense to buy a new Toyota Innova Crysta (top model). I hope you will reconsider your decision and not get swayed by your emotions. Best of luck!
kushagra452 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 01:29   #23
BHPian

Thank you everyone for your valuable inputs

Quote:
Go for it before another Bhpian get's interested in buying it! Good luck!
haha, thank you I have actually transferred 50% of the booking amount to the dealer to block the car but I have asked him for a day's time to confirm my decision as he is asking me to pay 20% of the extended warranty price (which I have denied) and he is also supposedly emailing audi or some people at director level to make the deal sweeter for me, so I can probably just make one last offer that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
A discontinued model by march 2022. Ex-showroom price 45 lakhs, so OTR in Daman would be about 51 lakhs, am I right till now? .
Yes, on paper its about 51 lakhs but from last year Q2 has been selling brand new around 34-35 lakhs OTR Daman for the premium plus II variant and this is what is bothering me the most. Last year dealers had a lot of stock and support from Audi, I even got an offer for 32Lakhs OTR Daman in Sept21 but I did not take it as I was short of fund then and I was hoping new lot of Q2 will arrive sometime soon. But now there are no cars left and hardly 1-2 demo cars with dealers in different cities so they are really firm on the price that they want for the car. I tried contacting a dealer in Delhi and other states but their prices were slightly higher than this one and since I couldn't see the car in person, I decided to skip the idea. All cars even the one sold last year and the demo car are all september 2020 manufactured so it's approximately 1.5 years old now. 1 year it must have been standing in the warehouse and from last october it has been on the road

Quote:
Further do not hesitate to negotiate, most of us very bad at negotiating, I am one of them
I agree, I am one of them too.

Quote:
34 lakhs seems to be a decent price for a demo car, if it was not used for test drives
That's what the dealer says but there is no way to verify it. I have the car's VIN number, is there anything I can lookup online with the VIN number to get some info about the car?

I am also asking him to give me a No-accident and No-meter tampering in writing just so that if any problem pops up in the future, I am safe there. Is there anything else I should also ask for?

Quote:
more sense to buy a new Toyota Innova Crysta
I am actually looking for a compact car only, Innova is too big for my liking and 90% of the times, the car will be used alone by myself and for most part in the city only. And it's always been a dream of mine to get a car from one of the three big german brands

Last edited by techspark : 13th May 2022 at 01:59.
techspark is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 01:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechb63 View Post
Mumbai South has outlets in Pune and Bangalore as well. The car will very likely be driven before giving you delivery here in Mumbai. As I mentioned, being a billed car, the car would not be given at a lower price. The only bargaining chip you have is accessories, service packs and an extended warranty.
Yes, I think they have a small outlet in Nashik too and he says that this car and one other grey car was used for events only. He is already got the car here in Bombay (it was driven and got) and I have taken a long test drive. I made a new thread with the pictures of the car and I would love you to take a look at the pics and this thread and if you can let me know what you feel about it?

Also, yes, he is very firm on the price and is not willing to do anything better so it's upto me now to take it or leave it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...o-audi-q2.html

I have a business and BH registration will not be possible for me.
Old 15th May 2022, 09:54   #25
BHPian

Re: Should I buy this 4200-km demo Audi Q2?

It seems like you have already made your decision. However, IMHO, a brand new Tiguan makes more sense than this pre-owned Q2. You would have complete peace of mind along with the premium car feel.

It truly doesn’t feel right to spend 34L on a demo car.
GoBlue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 11:07   #26
BHPian

If all scratches can be removed and car does not have any error codes on inspection, My only advice is to ensure that your insurance has engine protection, consumables and rodent cover apart from zero dep and other regular stuff. Post this you will have a 5 year trouble free ownership of your Audi.
Old 15th May 2022, 11:51   #27
BHPian

Looks like you are sold on the car and it meets your requirement. So the only quandary is whether to pick up the demo piece or not.

For a 30% savings on the OTR, first owner car (you will be the one), the security of the 2+3yrs warranty, even if the car was subjected to some abuse, you are still covered and can have a peaceful ownership experience. Even if something were genuinely wrong, once you get to know the car better, worst case when you sell it, it will be a first owner and hence fetch up decent resale.
Can the dealer give you a pre-purchase inspection report of some sort? (just so that you get a feel of the status of the various components) - not sure if this can be doctored as there is a vested dealer interest at play here.
If I were you I would buy it considering the above history, a favorable PPI report and how I feel when I drive the car.
All the best.
kedar_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 16:47   #28
BHPian

I guess your heart is sold on this car and it actually looks great in the pictures you posted.
I’d suggest you to go ahead with the car, 40-50k further discount would not make much of a difference considering the money involved. Currently no luxury badge is available new below 45L. Just try for few more accessories otherwise just go ahead.
I’m sure you would feel bad and would think about the car for days if the deal did not go through.

Just make sure to post an ownership review with a lot of pictures afterwards so that we can also drool on it. Good luck with the deal
Old 15th May 2022, 17:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

This is the price OBV shows if you were to buy it from a first owner and not a dealer. If you are fixated on the Q2 and willing to ignore all the warnings from the members (read the other Citroen C5 demo purchase thread), found the car to be without any real faults, covered any that arise later with extended warranty, have good relations/feedback about the dealership - i feel you are getting a decent deal.

Since it is a demo car, you should haggle more on the price. Don't worry about losing the car - i don't think anyone is going to chase it as much as you are. The dealer will relent sooner than later.
Attached Thumbnails
Should I buy this 4200-km demo Audi Q2?-screenshot_20220515164239.jpg  

Nilesh5417 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 18:18   #30
BHPian

Don't buy it at 34 lacs, its used but on paper it will still show you as first owner otherwise a used car makes more sense for the budget you suggesting.

So why not buy a used X1/ A4/A6/CLA petrol
You could get a 3 year old A6 under 37 which is far better value than a 2 year old demo Q2.

Q2 at this price seems grossly overpriced, you make spme compromise by buying a car which is discontinued/ 2 year old demo, i dont think above 30 is worth buying this demo unit. Not suggesting you A3 as that's lesser on power or car from skoda stable as you keen on buying a luxury car.
Puneet0051 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks