Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2022, 13:40   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Used 2020 BMW G30 530d vs New BMW 530d LCI

If you absolutely must have the warranty, route the sale through the dealer's official pre-owned channel. They offer bumper to bumper warranties. Price will be a bit bumped up though.

But seriously, also talk to BMW. These companies are known to take care of their customers. The car is just ~2 years old and as long as it's been maintained at the dealer only, they will have no problem approving the extended warranty package on this car.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 14:13   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by noufal.ps View Post
Mate, head straight to the new G30. We have a G30 in the family, bought new now at 88k kms. Still drives like day one, eager as always and takes on anything on road.
I would love to pick the LCI, but something that haunts me is the hefty "Price tag of 95 lakhs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Practicality will haunt you after initial dust of hard driving settles down. Also, do not forget the G30 older the better, if you get a good and clean example of 2017 launch version with all bells and whistles, you will get more car for your money.
Could you please shed some light on the differences between 2017 and 2020 variants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Have you considered the 520d? The 530d is a hoot to drive; having said that the 520d is no slouch. It is approx. 83L on road in Bangalore.
I did test drive the 520D and it was really good, however I felt the car was slightly underpowered even though it has 190 horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
If you're set on buying used, definitely wait for one to pop up with the warranty intact so you can extend it further.

As for the M340i, it does feel rather special inside with the different seat materials and a few other unique touches. And the B58 motor is one the greatest. Fuel economy aside, that is one superb package.
Yes, I might wait for a used one which might be still under the standard or extended warranty. Also, what real world efficiency can we expect out of M340i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
12000km is barely any running for a 530d and these things are relatively reliable.
All I am worried about are the defects which might be present underneath and parts going kaput as the car ages without warranty in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Don't buy without warranty if it's your first purchase in this segment. One can argue that with the money you save, you can pay for any potential repairs but it's not just about money. You will have a lot of anxiety about things going wrong and the extent of the potential damage to your finances.
You said it right androdev, the anxiety and stress about things going wrong, might ensure I don't have a good night's sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
But seriously, also talk to BMW. These companies are known to take care of their customers. The car is just ~2 years old and as long as it's been maintained at the dealer only, they will have no problem approving the extended warranty package on this car.
Totally agree and I will have a word with BMW to see if this can be considered. Meanwhile, I will have my eyes wide open on the used car marketplace.
Optimus_1408 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_1408 View Post
Y
I did consider the M340i, but was worried about the fuel efficiency and stiff suspension. I usually travel around with my family and the stiff set up might make them feel uncomfortable.

Regarding the C300D, there is no display car nor the test drive available at the moment. When inquired with Mercedes, they have C220D available for test drive and nothing else. I might need to wait or just book the car going by the reviews online.
I have sideways suggestion - consider buying 530i M Sport (75l after minor discounts?), 3 GLi (65l after minor discounts?), or a 340i (75lacs), or newly launched i4 (open to EV?).

I see that you already have Fortuner. Do you really need another diesel car? Revv yourself to glory - is what I'd think in your place.

Also, want to 'pressure test' the FE comment above. Is it more due to actual running cost, or due to the annoyance of getting poor FE after spending so much money? After all, you're considering spending close to a cr. on a car. Will minor bump in running cost bother you as much?

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 2nd June 2022 at 15:07.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:18   #19
BHPian

Dear all,
I am running a f10 from 2012 generation with staggered setup . The only major expense is the staggered tyres with a lifespan of 30k kms . Rest the reliability of the car is bulletproof. No surprises of failing electronics. I also maintain my car outside at fngs who expertise only in german machines . Everything is available in Mumbai market from shocks to mounts to sealings. Recently due to age i also changed the transmission oil which all manufacturers claim its sealed for life , but it isn't. My car has totally transformed its behaviour after transmission oil change .
In your case only 12k on the odometer i feel nothing to worry . I also recommend 2017-2019 g30 series so it avoids the bs6 headache of DPF problems which all manufacturers have .
LEOMAN is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 15:46   #20
BHPian

+1 for the used 2020 5'er as long as it's not priced astronomically high. Depreciation is your friend and you need to leverage it.

Also be very careful from whom you buy the car from especially in Bangalore. Personally, I would stay far away from random dealers and prefer to buy from an individual (with complete service records) OR the pre-owned section at Navnit itself might have a good spread. My friend and I recently went through an ordeal with dealers with their shady practices and tactics, so just a heads up. Same friend landed a 2012 520d owned by a doctor, 50k run, immaculately maintained, for a more than fair price. Patience and due diligence pays off eventually.
LOL_FWD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 17:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOMAN View Post
I also recommend 2017-2019 g30 series so it avoids the bs6 headache of DPF problems which all manufacturers have .
Boy, do I have a surprise for you. Your car has a DPF. I had written a thread a few years back detailing what I did to delete the DPF on my 2010 F10 530d.

The only difference with newer cars is the AdBlue system.
ImmortalZ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 19:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Good day, everyone!

I'm thrilled to be a part of Team BHP and to be starting my maiden thread.

I'm in my late thirties and looking for a luxury sedan with adequate horsepower.

Option 1: A single-owner 2020 G30 BMW 530D M Sport with 12000 kilometers. (Not covered by the manufacturer's warranty)

Option 2: The BMW 530D M Sport LCI, which is brand new.

Initially, I was leaning toward the used car, but after learning that it is no longer under warranty, I am now skeptical. Is it a good idea to invest the money here after completing 12K kilometers?

Could you please guide me here to pick the right one?

Thanks in advance.
Hey, My 2 cents are go for pre owned route (premium selection preferably) which will give you amazing depreciation benefits, warranty for your peace of mind and you will avoid a lot of shady dealers.

Recently took the same route and got home a 330i from premium selection with BSI and BRI.

Hope this helps.
petrolhead777 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 21:00   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I have sideways suggestion - consider buying 530i M Sport (75l after minor discounts?), 3 GLi (65l after minor discounts?), or a 340i (75lacs), or newly launched i4 (open to EV?).

I see that you already have Fortuner. Do you really need another diesel car?
EV is not my cup of tea. On the other hand, the 530i M Sport costs 82 lakhs on the road, while the M340i costs 84 lakhs. Isn't the 330i superior in terms of performance than the 530i (a 6HP and 50Nm torque difference)? Also, I'm concerned about the M340i's efficiency considering the running cost (primarily on highways) because we can't drive the 6 cylinder sedately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOMAN View Post
In your case only 12k on the odometer i feel nothing to worry . I also recommend 2017-2019 g30 series so it avoids the bs6 headache of DPF problems which all manufacturers have .
I echo your thoughts about the DPF concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_FWD View Post
+1 for the used 2020 5'er as long as it's not priced astronomically high. Depreciation is your friend and you need to leverage it.
I assume it is on the higher end, since the ad was posted by a dealer but the car is with the owner. The initial quoted price is 67 lakhs, plus a commission of 2% and RTO handling charges of ₹5000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead777 View Post
Hey, My 2 cents are go for pre owned route (premium selection preferably) which will give you amazing depreciation benefits, warranty for your peace of mind and you will avoid a lot of shady dealers.

Recently took the same route and got home a 330i from premium selection with BSI and BRI.

Hope this helps.
Initially, I contacted BMW Premium Selection Bangalore, who informed me that no 5 series models were available. They have two cars in stock, according to their website (2010 320D and 2014 X3 20D). Guess I need to be patient enough till I find one or head towards the hard revving petrol engines.
Optimus_1408 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 21:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you please shed some light on the differences between 2017 and 2020 variants?
Three differences I know of:

1) Black interiors available.
2) Rear seat entertainment.
3) Soft close doors.

#2 and #3 were deleted during various years before the LCI. By 2020 end, all of these were gone.

Quote:
I echo your thoughts about the DPF concerns.
The 530d came with DPFs back from the 2010 F10 pre-LCI launch cars. What changed with BS6 is the addition of the AdBlue system. As long as you drive it on the highway to allow for regeneration to happen, the DPF will stay happy. The reason you don't see DPF issues with these kind of cars is because people take them on roadtrips. When you put DPFs on cars that run in city traffic only, you will have problems.

Quote:
Initially, I contacted BMW Premium Selection Bangalore, who informed me that no 5 series models were available. They have two cars in stock, according to their website (2010 320D and 2014 X3 20D). Guess I need to be patient enough till I find one or head towards the hard revving petrol engines.
Expand your search to nationwide on BMW India's website. Then work with your dealer to move the car around. They will work with you, as long as they feel you're a serious buyer.

Quote:
Also, I'm concerned about the M340i's efficiency considering the running cost (primarily on highways) because we can't drive the 6 cylinder sedately.
The highlighted part seems to be a you problem.
ImmortalZ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 03:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
3) Soft close doors.
i dont think 2017 5 series ever came with soft close doors. the E-class introduced this in MY2019 I think.

Also, I disagree a 2017 G30 would be better than a 2020/22 G30. They keep on fixing niggles all throughout the life cycle of the car, and in my opinion the LCI would be a much safer bet.

Having said that, 95 lacs is a lot of money for a 5 series. What are the discounts they're offering? They easily used to do 10-odd lacs back in the day. I am not sure if they've retracted that. I really hope not.

Also, 360 degree camera is one of the important features on this sedan, I'd miss it. Especially in bangalore traffic.

Your best bet is to find something used under warranty. Hang tight for a bit? Also, the summers are a lean period for luxury car sales, people generally push it towards the festive season. you can try your luck at the end of the quarter, maybe you'd run into some discounts?
amitverma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 10:18   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Good day, everyone!

Option 1: A single-owner 2020 G30 BMW 530D M Sport with 12000 kilometers. (Not covered by the manufacturer's warranty)

Also, after having the car inspected by BMW service (360 check), will we be allowed to purchase warranty if it has expired?

Could you please guide me here to pick the right one?
This would be my pick. yes you can buy warranty. Remember buying the cover for sixth year. 7th year also can be bought, but im not sure if I bought the 7th year cover as its a long while ago, my car is in its 11th year.

The difference in price for new can be used to compensate for wear and tear in the car by driving it hard like the way it should.
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:22   #27

Quote:
Expand your search to nationwide on BMW India's website. Then work with your dealer to move the car around. They will work with you, as long as they feel you're a serious buyer.
I'm strictly looking for a KA registered car, since I do not want to pay road tax (close to 10 lakhs I believe) for re-registration from another state to KA. I feel it is a hassle to run behind the RTO officials to complete the re-registration process, since I had a horrible experience the last time for one of my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
Having said that, 95 lacs is a lot of money for a 5 series. What are the discounts they're offering?
According to the earlier interaction with BMW, the sales advisor stated that they may be able to offer a discount of 5 lakhs, but he was skeptical. Accessories, BSI, and BRI are not included in the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
This would be my pick. yes you can buy warranty. Remember buying the cover for sixth year. 7th year also can be bought.
As per Navnit Motors, after the warranty has expired, the system will not allow them to extend it.
They have a 24-48 hour window before it needs to be renewed once the warranty expires (exception basis).
Optimus_1408 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 14:49   #28

Hello everyone,

I have received the below offers:

530i - 75 lakhs
530D - 87 lakhs

The dealers guaranteed that they are not display/demo vehicles and are present in their stockyard.
Optimus_1408 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 17:18   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
530i - 75 lakhs
530D - 87 lakhs
Hi, these are the final on-road prices with KA reg? If so, seems like a good deal. Go for either
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 20:56   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi, these are the final on-road prices with KA reg? If so, seems like a good deal. Go for either
Yes, they are the on-road prices for KA. Thanks for your input

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks