Keep it 91 75.21%
Sell it and buy something else 30 24.79%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2022, 12:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Keep my Audi Q5 or upgrade it?

Voted for Keep It.
I own the same 2.0 TDI engine in A4 and absolutely love it. The car is close to 5 years and If I get such an option to keep it post 9-9.5 years in another city I will definitely do that. Sadly won't work that ways for me with my work completely based in Delhi, will be a sad day when I have to part ways with it just because of the stupid 10 year rule.
prateekchanana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 13:04   #17
BANNED

The 2.0 tdi is an absolute gem.
I advice you to keep it
Akshayraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 14:56   #18
BHPian

I'm in the "own them as long as you can" camp. My F10 is from 2010 and happily runs like a champ. If you can get it re-registered at 1-1.5L that'd be an amazing deal. The newer German cars are simply not VFM.
lordtottuu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 23:51   #19
BHPian

Can't vote but wish you hold on for a couple of years by when there should be enough options in luxury EV space. Upgrade from Q5 would easily put you back by a crore or so for an ICE, and that may not be future proof.

With EQB coming in a 7 seat variant soon and supposedly priced around 70 lacs or less, becomes an upgrade just because of the sheer low end torque these EVs generate. The EQB is also slated to get the safer and longer lasting Lithium Iron Phosphate battery from 2024/25. Even other luxury brands will have good 5 and 7 seater SUVs sorted for battery and longevity issues in a couple of years.

A remap and some addition of creature comforts may motivate to keep your Q5 for a bit longer. All the best
soarersc300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 00:51   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak77 View Post

Hi Team!... My beloved 2012 Q5 has neared its age in Delhi and now I am hit with an option. Keep it and bring it to Bangalore, Re register to KA... Keep it until the EV era hits or sell it and get something for some time?

Need your opinions Team!
Hello speedfreak77,

Can't vote yet but would suggest that you keep the car since it still got a lot of life left in it and a replacement (an equivalent at least) won't be low budget. Also, the memories and knowing the car's health aren't tangible but definitely worth considering points.

However, re-registering won't be cheap and as mentioned by a tbhpian already, would cost about 3.6 L considering the original invoice value of 44L and age of car as 10 to 11 years (45% LTT). If the car is still 9 to 10 years old owing to the month of registration, LTT would be 49%.

Also, if you cancel the registration at Delhi before they de-register it, I think you can claim for a partial road tax refund at Delhi. Not sure how refund works after de-registration so, kindly check.

Good luck with the car and do keep us posted

KN.
Attached Thumbnails
Keep my Audi Q5 or upgrade it?-img20220909wa0001.jpg  

Keep my Audi Q5 or upgrade it?-img20220909wa0000.jpg  

Keep my Audi Q5 or upgrade it?-img20220909wa0002.jpg  

Karthik_sn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 14:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
Bringing it to KA and re-registering is not a big deal. As a Q5 owner (though 2.0TFSI), I can vouch these are reliable. If you enjoy driving this car, would recommend keeping it. These last for couple of lakhs of kms easily.

A similar upgrade will be around 80L plus in KA and of course it will have many more features and tech. Now you need to see how much importance you attach to those and feel if it is worth that kind of money or not keeping in mind your low mileage.
Personally, I don't think it is worth the upgrade and intend to keep my Q5 for more time.
How is the petrol one running? Would really love to bring my diesel next to yours for a comparison and a review. Will be a great fun too. I will be keeping the Q5 because I got the car 10 years back and with so many memories, I’d rather hang onto it for a while until the EV era hits in which case, E-tron will make sense to me more than anything on the market currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
From what I’ve read on the global Audi forums, they drive seamless for lakhs of KM’s. Given the low running of your Q5, it surely makes sense to get that Bangalore.

On a different note, Shankar.Balan had given a reference of an RTO agent person who can help with the process. I think his number is on the ‘Need reliable RTO agent’ thread for Bangalore. I had used his services for an ownership transfer and he had helped immensely.

Aside, it’s far more peace of mind to be driving your tried and tested Q5 on the congested Bangalore roads. The autos and 2W and BMTC Buses won’t panic you driving your Q5 as much as a new car would.
Thats a solid advice! Seeing the roads here and the traffic, driving something which you are used to sparks confidence and with the Q5 I am so used to its driving style, response and everything that it will be a task buying a new car now and getting used to it. Q5 is a gem and I think she needs a little pampering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laidbackakki View Post
Voted to keep it. Ample reason mentioned above.
So as far as I understand the re registration rules as told to me by an RTO officer when I registered my rapid from Karnataka to Goa is that, I have one year till re-registration has to be done in my new residential state. So considering that you can wait out a year before you register. The cost should come down a little
The cost is already very less as the car will pass the 10 year mark in October. I want to re register it before the Delhi RTO unregisters it and then it will be a havoc which I really do not want to go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Voted to keep it. The VAG TDI engines are gem with so much of mod potential. Plus your car has hardly run 50k kms. And as others mentioned to get a worthy replacement you need to spend a lot.
BTW, is yours 2.0 TDI or 3.0 TDI?
Mine is the 2.0 TDI. The car was bought in 2012 when I was a kid so I didn’t get much of a say here, Though I was asked to choose between the ML250 and this, you know what I chose. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidholic View Post
Voted for keep it, enjoy it while you can.

I also don't want to part ways with my DL registered altis 2009 petrol and exploring options to keep it with me for as long as I can. I can get it transferred to RJ but unable to find how much will I have to shell out. If any member has done interstate transfer from DL to RJ please do let me know if it makes sense to do so.

Regards
You should contact the RTO where you want register it in RJ and ask them to connect you with an agent. That agent will do the hush husy operation quietly and I think you’ll save a lot of money too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
There is a huge thread on "moving a car between states" where the procedure is outlined. The road tax will be some % of the original tax for your car, and the procedure is a bit long. So read the thread carefully.

My posts in the thread describe the process from TN - KA in detail having done it myself, and that is the same procedure across India with about the only variation going to be which RTO counter or any other minor local rules some RTO might have.
I have already hired an agent to do all the chores for me, He asked me to get some documents and I will give him the documents he wants and in a month or two, I will have a KA registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtyagi View Post
I voted to Keep it.
As major expenses are done, you know the car well, there is no reason to sell it. you will pay road tax on 45% of the original invoice value(10-11 year bracket) in Bangalore. Which shall come around 3.6 L(44L(original invoice)x0.45(taxable)x0.18(road tax)).
You would pay that much roadtax on a Brezza here. So IMO keep it.
Exactly. Plus I think the car hasn’t been run properly so I think I should give it the love it deserves here in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
Voted for Keep It.
I own the same 2.0 TDI engine in A4 and absolutely love it. The car is close to 5 years and If I get such an option to keep it post 9-9.5 years in another city I will definitely do that. Sadly won't work that ways for me with my work completely based in Delhi, will be a sad day when I have to part ways with it just because of the stupid 10 year rule.
The A4 is a gem and I wanted to gift my mom the A4 but as soon as VAG cars stopped diesels in India, I was heartbroken. The TDI engines are amazing. The Delhi rules are obscene and they think all of this will help but it would be of no use because the pollution will stay the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshayraj View Post
The 2.0 tdi is an absolute gem.
I advice you to keep it
Advice followed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtottuu View Post
I'm in the "own them as long as you can" camp. My F10 is from 2010 and happily runs like a champ. If you can get it re-registered at 1-1.5L that'd be an amazing deal. The newer German cars are simply not VFM.
I agree, the new German vehicles don’t feel built like a tank. The new Q5 felt a little too delicate to me and the new Q7 doesn’t give me the rugged and long lasting feeling which the old one gave. I am trying really hard to convince my dad to sell his beloved fortuner and upgrade him to a pre-owned Q7 4.2. Lets hope it works out well because I intent to steal that car from him. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarersc300 View Post
Can't vote but wish you hold on for a couple of years by when there should be enough options in luxury EV space. Upgrade from Q5 would easily put you back by a crore or so for an ICE, and that may not be future proof.

With EQB coming in a 7 seat variant soon and supposedly priced around 70 lacs or less, becomes an upgrade just because of the sheer low end torque these EVs generate. The EQB is also slated to get the safer and longer lasting Lithium Iron Phosphate battery from 2024/25. Even other luxury brands will have good 5 and 7 seater SUVs sorted for battery and longevity issues in a couple of years.

A remap and some addition of creature comforts may motivate to keep your Q5 for a bit longer. All the best
Already on the tune part, Stage 1 is perfect. The car makes around 200 bhp give or take and a tune will make it go around 225/230 will be VFM in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik_sn View Post
Hello speedfreak77,

Can't vote yet but would suggest that you keep the car since it still got a lot of life left in it and a replacement (an equivalent at least) won't be low budget. Also, the memories and knowing the car's health aren't tangible but definitely worth considering points.

However, re-registering won't be cheap and as mentioned by a tbhpian already, would cost about 3.6 L considering the original invoice value of 44L and age of car as 10 to 11 years (45% LTT). If the car is still 9 to 10 years old owing to the month of registration, LTT would be 49%.

Also, if you cancel the registration at Delhi before they de-register it, I think you can claim for a partial road tax refund at Delhi. Not sure how refund works after de-registration so, kindly check.

Good luck with the car and do keep us posted

KN.
I will be posting the whole journey of the car on this Forum. The car will be documented on every stage. All the mods which I have planned will also be documented. Will keep everyone posted.
speedfreak77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 23:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
How is the petrol one running? Would really love to bring my diesel next to yours for a comparison and a review. Will be a great fun too. I will be keeping the Q5 because I got the car 10 years back and with so many memories, I’d rather hang onto it for a while until the EV era hits in which case, E-tron will make sense to me more than anything on the market currently.
Petrol one is good, I like the smooth engine. Still runs very good after 115k kms. I have recently done ECU re-map too.
Sure, we can meet get views on 2.0TFSI vs 2.0TDI.

How are you going to transport it from NCR to BLR? I would recommend driving down because you have to do it only one way, so lesser time needed.

Please PM for sync-up.
Old 24th September 2022, 15:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
Petrol one is good, I like the smooth engine. Still runs very good after 115k kms. I have recently done ECU re-map too.
Sure, we can meet get views on 2.0TFSI vs 2.0TDI.

How are you going to transport it from NCR to BLR? I would recommend driving down because you have to do it only one way, so lesser time needed.

Please PM for sync-up.
115k, that sounds promising. Can you tell me the Power figures after the remap and where did you get it? I am personally looking for one too.
I will be transporting it, I really wish I could drive it here but for that I have to spare 4 days out which is something I cannot do because of a lot of work.
Old 7th October 2022, 13:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:
115k, that sounds promising. Can you tell me the Power figures after the remap and where did you get it? I am personally looking for one too.

I will be transporting it, I really wish I could drive it here but for that I have to spare 4 days out which is something I cannot do because of a lot of work.
Mine is 255hp/410Nm.
I did the re-mapping at engineering Exponent in Whitefield, Bengaluru.

All the best!
OffRoadFun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 15:48   #25

Quote:
I will be posting the whole journey of the car on this Forum. The car will be documented on every stage. All the mods which I have planned will also be documented. Will keep everyone posted.
Would love to hear the whole journey of the car, moving from DL to KA, the mods, the experience. Please share it here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks