Team-BHP - Honda Accord V6 VS Toyota Camry Vs Opel Vectra
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   Honda Accord V6 VS Toyota Camry Vs Opel Vectra (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/2571-honda-accord-v6-vs-toyota-camry-vs-opel-vectra.html)

Hey... Ppl ... This Site Roxks ppl... nice meetin You ..i am new out here ... Well i wanted some advice ppl cud ull help me out as in which is a better option to buy the honda accord or camry or vectra .. pls Guyzz .. I need ur advice

cheatingdeath,
While others would give u a better explaination,
Id say u keep Vectra out of ur list,
Camry is good for it's space,
But then the best is Accord,
It's a perfect car,
Driving, Comfort and every way,
Yes Camry has that extra little space and the left side power seat,
But the Accord V6,
Has the passion,

Believe me buy it hands down,

Gotto go for the Accord! Just an amazing car at an amazing price! Nothing comes close to it here.

Hey welcome to Team Bhp dude Great to have you here.

About your question my answer without another thought would be the Accord. Its stunning to look at, drives beautifully, extremely reliable and will give years of service and keep you smiling. The Camry is a good car and has excellent comfort levels but its too expensive at 20 odd lakhs. (unless you are under the EPCG scheme). The Vectra is German engineering and the car is loaded with gizmos but the Vectra really isnt popular on our roads and parts are pretty expensive as well. I'm not sure of Opel reliability too.

All in all go for the Accord for about 17 lakhs the V6 is a great buy and you wont go wrong with and its sure to give you years of motoring pleasure. Its got a long waiting period though. Why dont you consider the 4 cylinder Accord as well?

Happy Shopping

Cheers

CheatingDeath,

Its a no-brainer. Pick the Accord V6. Heck, even the 4 cylinder version is a better buy than the other options.

To be fair, the Camry is a great car and is pretty comparable to the Accord 4 cylinder in almost each and every aspect. These two fight for the same market share worldwide, In fact the two have been trading the No.1 sedan in sales figures in the United States for a decade now. But the problem is pricing. While the Camry is priced within a hairs breadth of the Accord in the United States, it is almost 30% more expensive in India. This is primarily due to the customs duties and smaller scales that the Camry entails...but the customer shouldnt be paying the price for Toyotas decisions. The Camry is simply not worth the price tag that Toyota is displaying on the front screen.

The Opel Vectra may handle and ride really well, but its an expensive proposition. Expensive not in initial purchase price, but in fuel....maintenance and depreciation. No one wants to buy the Vectra when new, and pretty much no one wants a used Vectra either. Spare parts are frightfully expensive, and maintenance costs are an absolute K-I-L-L-E-R. I doubt it matches the Accord in fuel/running costs either.

The Accord is bigger in size, power, prestige, comfort....the list goes on and on. Its a car of almost Mercedes E-Class proportions. You will enjoy the Accord ownership experience more than any other. Its a dream to drive, with that I-Vtec engine unleashing its power at 6000 rpm on Indian tarmac. What will please your accountant is the fact that maintenance costs are unbelievably low for this class of car. You can also opt for an extended 4 year/Unlimited mileage bumper to bumper warranty for Rs. 9000 odd. Resale values are again the strongest of this trio.

Go for the Accord V6 - Its a true allrounder. Strictly avoid dealing with Ichibaan Honda though. Go for Linkway...much more customer-oriented.

GTO

I am a bit selfish over here

Can`t we have both the worlds *?

Jokes apart

Well,
Camry - Lots and lots of space as well as fantastic engines refinment
Accord - Latest engine as well as Honda Brand
Opel Vectra - German Marvel, Aquipped with high cost spares

Well, ill be confused between camry and Accord but then ill pick up Accord V6 !!!

2f2f

I hate the Accord's rear styling and the Camry is more spacious. But, if you take all other points into consideration, including price, the Accord immerges as the best choice.

the hooda V6 has a 6 month waiting period ...but trust me ...its worth the wait....221 horses is not a joke buddy at just 2 laks more than the 4 cylinder and an increase of approx 80 more horses.....u will kill the (forget the rest in conmpitition) c-class and e classes on road like garbage (talking only in terms of speed.) no offence merc owners.

go 4 the accord or look up my reply in indiacar that is if it is posted before you get your new car

cheers
lamborghnin

Don't know much about the Vectra. My 2 cents on the Honda and Toyota.

Engine - Of the two, the Camry has the better engine, in my opinion.
Transmission - Toyota's silky smooth tranny. I have observed that more Accords than Camrys report post-100,000m problems, most of them related to transmission.
Build - The Accord has a great suspension and the mechanical build quality is superior.
Looks - Both score average points in the looks department. Probably the Accord edges out, but then it's got that funny rear !
Ride - Both offer a great ride. The Camry probably has a more refined ride. A bit quieter cabin.

Both are good vehicles. Really, you could choose either. Get the one with the better deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the hooda V6 has a 6 month waiting period ...

The 6 month wait is history. The wait for a new Accord is now between 2 - 3 months max...depending on the model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Both are good vehicles. Really, you could choose either. Get the one with the better deal

Correct Powerslave, but in the United States the Camry and Accord duo are priced within a couple of hundred dollars of each other. But in India, the Accord 4 cylinder fully loaded version is retailing at 15.06 lacs ex-showroom Mumbai while the Camry is priced at a whopping 18.04 lacs. Thats a 3 lac price difference!! Even the V6 Accord is 75000 cheaper than the fully loaded 4 cylinder Camry.

I think that all Toyota products in India are over-priced....and thats primarily the reason that I didnt opt for a Corolla and picked up the Vtec instead.

GTO

Well the Ahmedabad dealer has a white V6 in stock,
Landmark honda,
Lemme know if you want the number,

Thnxxx ... a lot guyz ull are really gr8 ... ull are fast and enthusiastic ..... i hope ull dun mind my spellins...lol .. ne wayz .. i will see to it i buy from linkway.. in mumbai ... 2-3 months waitin its quite long but may b its worth it... i also was updted ..as the camry is on a discount of around 85000 to a lakh.. and the june edition of over drive claims accord to have a fuel pump pressure regulatory valve which comes loose...and even front brakes get worn out due to metal backin...and some cd changer prob..u can refer to page 176 of over drive though...the accord 2.9 is avaliable in auto..does it have a manual option with the same engine capaity ..i was wonderin

Hey CD

No, as far as the V6 goes there is no manual available as an option.

Revv

Ohh.. but i find manual transmission ..better dun u think soo. i meann gives u the real feel of the car ..