Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 12:32   #106
Senior - BHPian

Thx for offering to help Stetson sent you a PM
Old 29th October 2009, 18:37   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
Canon : You sure are a loose canon, no offence intended, just joking about your strong feeling for the W124's originality. I certainly don't intend to have the car repainted, I was only pulling Joshguy's leg (as he almost seemed to be following this car's movements).

Hey am 100% sure it is my neighbors car.

Dont ever think of repainting your beauty.i will not follow your car ,but if i come across it in roads i think i have the right to see it.What say?
Old 31st October 2009, 23:23   #108

I just checked two 250D cars in Bangalore and none were worth their salt. One was even offered for 3 Lakhs, but I couldn't imagine myself driving that car. After exhausitng all the options in Bangalore I am planning to check cars in Mumbai. Does anyone here know any good dealers/owners who I can contact before landing in Mumbai. I would greatly appreciate your help.
Old 1st November 2009, 09:58   #109
BHPian

Would be a good idea to see some Authorised Dealers of Mercedes Benz like Auto Hangar >?

I hope you know what you are getting yourself into.
Old 1st November 2009, 12:52   #110

Yes, I guess this is one of those decisions where your heart take precedence to your head . I am aware of the risks but I hope with so many people givign positive reviews I will be able to maintain it without any big headaches.
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:43   #111
BHPian

I saw a lot of used cars with Kersi Shroff auto consultant in mumbai. Anyone has experience of buying a used merc from him?
Old 24th November 2009, 11:53   #112
Senior - BHPian

Talks big, extremely rude and abrasive. Can be arrogant and tends to brag/BS. He is extremely dificult to communicate with, an unlikely trait of a successful car dealer! An old school guy I would stay completely away from unless you know your way around this dying breed. Beware of being taken for a ride he has done it to a friend on a Merc deal! The guy was crying for a year as he was sold a flood damaged lemon for an exorbitant amount (way above market) and could not get rid of it.

Last edited by canonball : 24th November 2009 at 11:56.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:52   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Talks big, extremely rude and abrasive. Can be arrogant and tends to brag/BS. He is extremely dificult to communicate with, an unlikely trait of a successful car dealer! An old school guy I would stay completely away from unless you know your way around this dying breed. Beware of being taken for a ride he has done it to a friend on a Merc deal! The guy was crying for a year as he was sold a flood damaged lemon for an exorbitant amount (way above market) and could not get rid of it.
Thank you for the feedback. I definately will not like to deal with this kind of a person. I would rather pay a little extra for a genuine seller than to this kind of people with attitude!
Luckly, the place I stay in Goa (Porvorim) has a local garage which repair only MBs (I can PM deails if anyone is interested). My brother apparantly talks highly of the place. Seems to be a genuine place to repair the cars. The Ifs and Buts of buying a merc are very much reduced now. On serious lookout!

Last edited by DarshanS : 30th November 2009 at 15:56.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:18   #114
Senior - BHPian

Darshan you will save money not spend money buy buying cars from genuine sellers directly. With this guy you loose money not to mention a good possbility of getting a bad car!

By the way there is a 1997/97 blue W124 E250D mannual for sale in betim/res margos. The guy has been advertising for a while and she is GA plate - She has done 100K plus but that is a good thing if all scheduled maintance is done. He has not been able to strike as a deal as he is asking 6L! Perhaps you can swing something. Don't hesitate to cross check finer details before doing deal as there are some very helpful & knwoldgeable folks out here who are invaulable in the assistance to buy

Last edited by canonball : 30th November 2009 at 16:23.
Old 30th November 2009, 19:46   #115
BHPian

My quest for a W124 – E250D

First of all Thanks for approving my membership. Warm regards to everyone on T-Bhp. Here’s my quest:

Circa 1995: Me in college and an avid reader of Car & Bike International. As usual I pickup the latest issue & surprised to see a Mercedes E220 on the cover page. Go straight to the cover story and read the review again & again & again. In the back of my mind I visualise myself owning it one day!

1998: Heartbroken as W124 has been replaced by the twin lamps W210 which didn’t suit my choice of design. Thinking of a pre-owned one some day.

2001: An acquaintance bought a C180. But it was full of niggles. He spent close to 7 lacs over a 3 year period. I wanted to buy it from him, but he advised against it. He disposed it off for 10L.

Fast forward to 2009: Having spent 10 years in the IT industry, I rekindle my passion to own the W124 that I had originally visualised. Became a member on T-Bhp & went through all the threads on W-124 and am now searching for one.

I am based in Pune and have found around 5 cars up for sale; 4 of them are E220 petrol & one is E250D automatic. Will be checking them out this week. One owner was very candid about the servicing costs. According to him maintenance costs are in the range of 1.5 lacs a year. He services his car at the Mercedes service center(Millenium).

Pune guys(Raja & Pune Doc) do help me if you have any leads on someone selling a E250D.

Jubin & E250Dreamcar Congrats for being the proud owners of W124. I would appreciate if you could let me know your maintenance costs.

I would also appreciate if anyone could provide me names/addresses of genuine private garages where a W124 can be serviced in Pune.

@GTO: I know you have a busy schedule answering a lot of queries. Do chip in.

Thanks!
Old 30th November 2009, 21:37   #116
BHPian

Contact member V-16. His knowledge about Mercs might help you in your quest.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:29   #117
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Hudson. I've merged your thread with an existing E250D thread that has a ton of information. Please search, research and read all our W124 threads thoroughly. Then, come back with specific questions.
Old 4th December 2009, 08:53   #118
BHPian

Only buy a Merc if you have a lot of spare money.

It is a good car but do not drive it harshly. How are the Roads in Pune now ? Mumbai has become the Moon. I guess my wish to be astronaut has been fulfilled atlast. LOL

Someone please ask some politicain to fix Mumbai Roads.
Old 10th January 2010, 09:18   #119
BHPian

Hi E250Dreamcar,

Hows the Merc Doing ?

How about a long Term Review on her ........ with some new pics of course.
Old 15th February 2010, 08:47   #120
BHPian

Jimmy u Do you have a particular question on the car as I own a similar one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks