Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 11:18   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
akshay, i'm also considering one. Either a v6 or the 2.4. Any will do as long as it has AT. Lemme knwo if you spot a good car.
havent really looked since ill start after my final exams. but if i do spot anything ill let you know.
Old 16th November 2009, 11:26   #17
BHPian

Good to see you zeroing down to something. Last year , I saw three used V6 - 2005/2004 models in the range of 8-9.5 Lakhs run - 24/30/40 K kms in reasonably good shape. Somehow, things didnt click in favour of a used car and the condition of the cars was not very confidence inspiring. V6 cars, I believe are driven hard as mostly bought by people who love to rip occassionally and have all the fun. Price of 2007 models should be in the range of 11-12K now if in good shape and maintained well -I guess.

Try to get a fair idea on availability and prices at carwale.com. Watch out for ads in Zigwheels supplement in Times on Fridays.

Do see all available options, before you pick up something. Lets know when you do so. Wish you good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
considering buying a used accord v6. how much would a facelifted one be for? 2007 model? in mumbai? thinking about buying between march april next year as my first car.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Akshay my friend just bought (three weeks ago) a spareingly used great conditioned 2005/06 forgot now Accord 3.0 v6 (auto) for 6.5 lakhs. He is a finiki Bawaji so if he says the car is good means it is great in our vocabulory.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:26   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Akshay my friend just bought (three weeks ago) a spareingly used great conditioned 2005/06 forgot now Accord 3.0 v6 (auto) for 6.5 lakhs. He is a finiki Bawaji so if he says the car is good means it is great in our vocabulory.
Thats a really good price. A friend of mine paid 6.8 for a 2006 42k kms Auto fully loaded Corolla !
Old 16th November 2009, 12:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Thats a really good price. A friend of mine paid 6.8 for a 2006 42k kms Auto fully loaded Corolla !
He bought it directly from the owner in Bandra. The owner had two other cars and this one was used when any off the other cars went for service. Covered parking and always in a cover. The owner wanted to sell only to a Parsee as he knew it would be taken care off. My friend was thinking he paid more for the car and was as usual cribbing about it, till we showed him the askings for other V6 accords. The price was asked by the owner and no negotiations were done by my friend.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome deal! Speedy, find a good deal for me now...
Old 16th November 2009, 16:24   #22
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

The accord V6 buyer is looking at performance at the cost of effeciency, while the corolla buyer if going in for the ultimate reliable vehicle with no cost to effeciency - hence similar pricing.
Old 16th November 2009, 20:39   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Good to see you zeroing down to something. Last year , I saw three used V6 - 2005/2004 models in the range of 8-9.5 Lakhs run - 24/30/40 K kms in reasonably good shape. Somehow, things didnt click in favour of a used car and the condition of the cars was not very confidence inspiring. V6 cars, I believe are driven hard as mostly bought by people who love to rip occassionally and have all the fun. Price of 2007 models should be in the range of 11-12K now if in good shape and maintained well -I guess.

Try to get a fair idea on availability and prices at carwale.com. Watch out for ads in Zigwheels supplement in Times on Fridays.

Do see all available options, before you pick up something. Lets know when you do so. Wish you good luck.
not really zeroed down. ill decided depending on the deal i get when i am looking. most likely the v6 accord, civic or cedia (all used).

Quote:
thats great. im gonna contact you when i start looking, and hopefully you can find me a good deal. also a ride in your s600
Old 16th November 2009, 21:25   #24
BHPian

hey guys,
I found one in pune having a MH 16 number. It was costing 4.5 lacs so i was really happy. I drove the car but it had a strange sound coming from the steering on turning it completely, rest of it seemed perfect. So i called up the honda guys to find the service history and to my horror it turned out that the car had 3 accidents so i decided to stay away from it. So I wanted to inform you guys please check the history of the car. Also if any of you have any idea where I can find a V6 please let me know.
Regards
Karan
Old 15th December 2009, 15:11   #25
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

petrolheadkaran - so you did figure out the benifits of checking the service history with the authorized guys, but then did you find another ride another V6?

4.5 may be a bit too low, 5L-6L seems the correct range for a search for you.

Do keep us posted.
Old 8th January 2010, 04:01   #26
BHPian

oh saw this thread a bit late.

I had to sell my V6 last month - since i was moving out of the country. Sold it to Popular for 5.75 2004 model Black colour 54K kms done - AWESOME condition - maintained at Arya.

I wish i had seen it earlier - could possibly strike a deal with you then.

Anyways here are a few observations from my end.

1) high maintainence - regular service is exp and so are spares etc.,
2) Low fuel efficiency - I used to get 5-6 in Mumbai.
3) parking is a nightmare
4) driving in the city specially during rush hours is frustrating - since you cant utilize the power.

Having said that - i would ve never sold it if i wasnt moving. Awesome space, luxury and power for not a lot of money.
Old 8th January 2010, 05:08   #27
SMK
BHPian

I see the Accords cost a lot more in Bangalore market. However, one question keeps haunting me, if a person is looking for the luxury, brand name and the looks of the car and is worried about owning it just because of its Low fuel efficiency, cant he get the Accord plonked with a CNG/LPG kit?
Sorry, i am a bit novice with these convertions, but heard from my friend that he is getting very good mileage and power is adequate after he has got the LPG convertion done for his Ford Ikon.
Old 8th January 2010, 09:48   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
I see the Accords cost a lot more in Bangalore market. However, one question keeps haunting me, if a person is looking for the luxury, brand name and the looks of the car and is worried about owning it just because of its Low fuel efficiency, cant he get the Accord plonked with a CNG/LPG kit?
Sorry, i am a bit novice with these convertions, but heard from my friend that he is getting very good mileage and power is adequate after he has got the LPG convertion done for his Ford Ikon.
sorry buddy, doing that to a v6 is sacrilege.

on a more serious note, if that is done there is no point in an accord v6. might as well pick up a 2.4
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:43   #29
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

A V6 Petrol with a CNG/ LPG kit - what a thought - Seriously how bad would it be. considering the cost of LPG vs Petrol the effective cost would be similar to getting an effeciency of 9-10 of petrol (Actually LPG) vs the original 5-6 of Petrol. the space in the boot is there, but there could be complications that do not exactly make this too tempting. But one can of course have the pleasure of Petrol on the highway and use it in LPG/ CNG mode in the city where the power is of no use and thus save substantially on the fuel cost with minimal loss of pleasure - but who would do this to a V6?
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 16:06   #30
BHPian

Lot of people here are saying that the 2.4 manual is faster than the V6. I checked out and most of the sites show that the V6 (2006) does a 100 in 9.4 and the 2.4 does it in 11.8. How come?

Most Viewed