Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2007, 13:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Civic - plenty car for most needs. Upgrade/maintain/refuel with the rest of the cash for life

But then thats me.
Old 15th August 2007, 14:02   #17
BHPian

Camry's the best bet for you because it's huge and also it's looks and build quality rocks.
Considering that the car is going to be chauffer driven, then its backseat is very very comfortable much like a comfy sofa.
Old 15th August 2007, 14:17   #18
BHPian

I would suggest the Nissan Teana for your kind of requirements and that special feel.

Check out the after sales support though

Jai Hind !!
Old 15th August 2007, 19:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

My first suggestion is Camry although I heard new Camry's back seat is not as comfy as older ones.

If its Civic you can consider Optra Magnum because its new car, very nice ride and build quality and I heard Automatic Optra is coming soon.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 15th August 2007 at 19:26.
Old 15th August 2007, 19:42   #20
BHPian

My opinion would be Honda Civic and then Optra Magnum Both are nice cars.
Old 15th August 2007, 20:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

himanshu - which city are u from and WHATS HAPPENING TO UR FIL'S OHC ? selling off ? pls post some details of that car too ( im sure this forum wil have many potential buyers for an OHC 1.5
Old 15th August 2007, 21:00   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Civic - plenty car for most needs. Upgrade/maintain/refuel with the rest of the cash for life

But then thats me.
with you here completely. If the car is not going to be used so extensively then a Civic or a Magnum makes a lot of sense and the big plus would be dip in the pocket would be not deep.
Old 15th August 2007, 21:43   #23
BHPian

the camry seems to be the ideal car, but was reading a few reviews on the passat and seems like it sure does perform.
in case u can wait, then thumbs up to the Passat

and in case u dont mind a Civic, theres nothing like it
Old 15th August 2007, 23:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
My opinion would be Honda Civic and then Optra Magnum Both are nice cars.
They are nice cars indeed but "dime a dozen" for the civic at least...and magnum has nothing special about it.

Passat would seem to be a good option if you could wait.If not the teana seems pretty good...Loads of Rear legroom...and pretty special since only a few out there.
Old 16th August 2007, 09:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
himanshu - which city are u from and WHATS HAPPENING TO UR FIL'S OHC ? selling off ? pls post some details of that car too ( im sure this forum wil have many potential buyers for an OHC 1.5
I am currently based in Hyderabad, but originaly from delhi. My FIL is also in Delhi.

As for the OHC- well, that is already spoken for . One of the managers in his factory is waiting with the cash to buy that car- seriously, you gotta see that car to believe it- that i s why my FIL needed coaxing to upgrade.

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 16th August 2007 at 09:52.
Old 16th August 2007, 09:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
with you here completely. If the car is not going to be used so extensively then a Civic or a Magnum makes a lot of sense and the big plus would be dip in the pocket would be not deep.
Well, the civic and the magnum are not in contention since we want something more upmarket and more comfortable.

I test drove both the teana and the camry in Hyd over the lst couple of days. To be honest, i was bowled over by the camry, not so much by the Teana, except for the engine refinement- in that dept. the teana is in a league of its own and en E240 V6 petrol also struggles to match it- I kid you not!

So for now, it is either the Teana or the Camry (but the camry is a little over 25L in Delhi) and I am also waiting to test that used E240. should do that next weekend when I am in delhi.

also, even though my FIL has said no to SUVs, i am taking him for a test ride of the CRV sinc ei think he may like that car.

will keep you posted.

Cheers
Old 31st August 2007, 09:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

So I was in Delhi this week and took extensive drives of the Nissan, the camry and also checked out the E240.

turns out, we know the current owner of the E240 thru a mutual acquaintance, and the car is beautifully maintained. the only reason for selling is that the guy wants to upgrade to an S class.

the merc is absolutely scratchless and the interiors are simply brilliant. the dealer was unwilling to negotiate much, but finally, we talked to the owner directly (much to the anguish of the dealer) and arrived at a price of 23 lakhs.

turns out that the car has done 25000 kms and not 35K as we were earlier told- the sales guy got confused between two mercs- and still feels brand new. i talked to the driver who used to dirve it regularly( an elderly guy of about 60 and a very careful driver) and he told me that the car has been driven mostly in Delhi with two trips to Udaipur till date. the max speed he has ever done on the car was 120, on the Delhi jaipur highway and there has never been any scrapes/dents etc. on the car. Service was done as per schedule(service booklet confirms that). In fact, he told me that he is in love with this car and was secretly hoping that his boss does not sell the car. But when he came to know we were buying the car, he said that he felt nice since the car was going to a known person.

so we finally settled on a price of 23 lakhs and now my FIL is the proud owner of a sparkling white E240 V6. the good thing for me is that I get to drive the car when I am in Delhi and also use it for my out of town trips.....damn, cant wait for the next one- time this baby was taken over 120! Wot say guys

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 31st August 2007 at 09:34. Reason: bought the Merc!
Old 31st August 2007, 09:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
the good thing for me is that I get to drive the car when I am in Delhi and also use it for my out of town trips.....damn, cant wait for the next one- time this baby was taken over 120! Wot say guys
Wow wow....some guys have all the luck . So you "other" new car arrived too??
Old 31st August 2007, 12:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Himanshu, that's a great buy & very good value too! So when are we getting a TD?
Old 31st August 2007, 15:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

congratulations himanshu and welcome to the three pointed star club. hope you and your father in law enjoy your new purchase. happy driveing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks