Team-BHP - Toyota Camry or Skoda Superb or Nissan Teana. EDIT : Nissan gains a customer!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   Toyota Camry or Skoda Superb or Nissan Teana. EDIT : Nissan gains a customer! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/27684-toyota-camry-skoda-superb-nissan-teana-edit-nissan-gains-customer.html)

Guys, we are on the verge of booking a car for our Senior Vice President, the Budget is 23 lacs (on-road). He had selected a Camry (manual transmission) when it struck me that the Nissan Teana & Skoda Superb Petrol were also in the same price bracket & segment.

So, some inputs from the experts would be most welcome - user inputs would be invaluable. Remember, on-road 23 lacs, NOT looking at the lower segment. Which of the three & why? Please keep them rolling in folks and TIA:)

I would also agree with the Toyota, good car, good service. Skoda is known to be close to phasing out the current Superb & even though you can get good discounts on it, I don't see the point. Teana is good but the Nissan network is quite limited & this car like the X-Trail still remains a low-seller.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 535025)
I would also agree with the Toyota, good car, good service.

Ishan, thanks for your inputs. The only thing I didn't like about the Camry is that they've "loaded" the AT version & outpriced it - the MT doesn't have the rear AC vents (I thought that was ridiculous considering the segment it is in), also doesn't have Traction Control (why the hell not I wonder?). The Skoda & the Nissan, on the other hand come in AT but at a lower price

The Camry would be my first pic followed by the Superb in close 2nd. Although the Camry is a little above 23 lakhs when i last checked.

If the Superb is available on good discounts then go for it coz its an Auto which makes it easy for self driving and the diesel engine is a lot more fun to drive than the Camry.

Considering its for your Sr VP, I am assuming he's going to be at the back seat most of the times. The car also needs to be stately without being too loud!!

I think the Superb fits the bill perfectly. Considering the Czech pres. has one as the state limousine. One in black would be the perfect fit.

camry or teana. i still need to see what teana looks like from inside. im a big big nissan fan and if it has an edge above toyo then definately teana for sure. love the road presence it has so far from what ive been seeing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 535017)
Guys, we are on the verge of booking a car for our Senior Vice President, the Budget is 23 lacs (on-road). He had selected a Camry (manual transmission) when it struck me that the Nissan Teana & Skoda Superb Petrol were also in the same price bracket & segment.

So, some inputs from the experts would be most welcome - user inputs would be invaluable. Remember, on-road 23 lacs, NOT looking at the lower segment. Which of the three & why? Please keep them rolling in folks and TIA:)

Slightly OT

Dude, considering your VP has already made his pick, what this poll forplease:

Camry would of course be first alongwith Teana. Both are supposed to be great cars for comfort, but depends on what `looks' to you better. In markets such as US where both sell, Camry is the largest seller amongst all cars. Regarding Camry and Teana, both are CBUs and thus priced high. But their prices are still the same after the yen depreciation against the rupee. In fact with yen depreciation, the cost of importing it should have gone down. But this is not being passed on to customers. Perhaps you can negotiate something.

if i am 40+ and it is company sponsored, it will be camry (no VFM except the 'BIG/HOT' car feeling and good a.s.s) OTOH if i am young and it is my own money, it will be a diesel like VW passat (i read they are launching on Sept 5th). like iraghava mentioned superb is dated.

Suman ji, i have voted for the Camry, and my second vote would go for the Teana. :)

Come on guys, stop playing safe:D - Camry, camry, camry, jeez, think outside the box, will ya :p .

Well, looks-wise, between the Teana & the Camry, I find the Camry more wicked & exciting but other than that, I'm not sure the Camry offers much more than the Nissan (I think the Superb would be the best VFM by way of features)?

EDIT: Benny, what's with the "ji" lol?

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 535173)
Since its a company car I guess it would be replaced in the not so distant future?

Yup, but not for another five years or so.

The current gen Camry is brilliant! Thats my unc's company car so Iv had a chance to drive it. O/T his personal car is a Kompressor :D

No experience with the Teana.

Ishan has mentioned superb is on its last leg and Iv heard the same. Since its a company car I guess it would be replaced in the not so distant future?

Suman,

I think Camry would be my choice when considering Snob. But my personal favorite is Skoda Superb, which is too superb a car (thats what my friend who own one says.) Handles like Magic, has features to beat Double eyed E-class, back seat comfort is just amazing. But can't beat Camry on sheer road presence!

Nissan X-Rail is a good SUVISH-car but apart from that I have absolutely no idea on any other nissan automobiles (Teana). Recently read a review on Autocar with Teana being compared to Honda Accord V6. Apparently they think that the cheaper Honda V6 is better than Teana. Just dug the issue here is what they have to say..
[COLOR=#0000ff]http://picasaweb.google.com/anoopgkumar/Cars/photo?authkey=RleEUlfv0vA#5099577578636406738[/COLOR]

Finally if i were your boss, I would have gone for Superb (But I like all Skoda cars.).

Thanks
Anoop

PS:- Tell us what you finally decide :)

teana is def overpriced imho...camry is good choice...space wise, the superb is in a different league all together.. ( but then car being phased out is a point to take note of )

how about the C - class - all though space is at a premium - brand and snob value more than makes up for it....and the compressor is being offered at a substantial discount ( since the new C is arriving )

anyway from ur above list - vote clearly goes to camry

Teana is overpriced? What about the Camry then? Camry & Accord go head on head worldwide. However in India just becoz of it not being manufactured here its 3lakhs+ more expensive then the Accord.

The Boss is always right. :-) If he's chosen the Camry then ??

I would plonk for the Nissan. I'm sure Delhi/Gurgaon has a Nissan showroom.