Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2007, 09:21   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I would also suggest the Mercedes AMG E63. You said your uncle wanted a sporty car. The BMW M5 maybe the better out of the two for pure thrills, but on a more sedate day-to-day drive, the AMG E63 maybe the better of the two?
I would agree with Raja. If he is looking at comfort + convenience, maybe your uncle will prefer the E63.

Testdrive the E63 vs the M5 and let us know what you decide.
Old 25th September 2007, 22:49   #17
BANNED

First of all i would like to thank all you guys for you support. I got in touch with my uncle over the phone and what "specifically" hes looking for. Here are the general requirements:

-Must be a four-door. However space in general is not a big issue as its usually him and one friend who go out together. But he did mention that he wants to be prepared in case a third and a fourth show up. I mentioned that you can get two-door cars with seats in the back but he said he doesn't like the hassle of pulling down the front seats. So size doesn't really matter as long as its a 4-door.

-As far as price is concerned it cannot exceed $110,000. I asked why he is spending soo much and he said he wants a buy a car that he wont have to replace for atleast 6 or 7 years. So overall visual appeal of the car must be up-to-date.

I've broken it down to these four cars:
Audi RS4, BMW M5, Merc C63 AMG and the Maserati Quattroporte

I must agree with "maxbhp" that the maserati is probably the best all rounder, however there is a part of me that wants the M5. For me the Maserati is just raw style and when u need it, power. But the M5 is raw efficiency almost perfection. I've been in the M5 and i must admit theres nothing like it, its surreal. A luxury car for one second then the next it can become a rocket. But i dont think thats a fair judgement because i havent had the chance to ride in the Maserati yet. But we cant forget the other two cars. NOW im severely confused.
Old 27th September 2007, 01:34   #18
BANNED

Pics: Car Bought , Dedicated to TEAM-BHP! THANKS

Though it was supposed to happen in 4 days my uncle decided to get the new car. And the winner was the Audi RS4. He test-drove it and literally feel in love with it. We would both just like to thank all the team-bhp members who helped in the purchase of this car and truly it is dedicated to you guys. I would however like to personally apologize to all the people who were rooting for the M5, and i was one of them.

In appreciation my uncle let me 'borrow' the car for the first day. Alone. Though shes still new and the engine still has to be broken in i did enjoy a few quick bursts between traffic lights, the manual transmission and exhaust note is a dream. Seriously guys theres nothing like it.

Once again thanks to all of you guys and enjoy the pictures.

Thats me in the cockpit of the jet! One of the best days of my life.

Two beasts parked in one drive-way.

-Im trying to get team-bhp sticker made to put on the back. As soon as i get it done i will post more pics.

Once Again Thanks.

~TJ
Old 27th September 2007, 02:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

hey congrats tjallu on the purchase. i hope you enjoyed the day with the beast. we have a couple of subarus in india as well. hope u have luck getting the team-bhp stickers made if you cannot mange pm me ur address as i shall be getting a few for my cars as well from the MODS. u can see my pic gallery
Old 27th September 2007, 03:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good choice!! Here's wishing your uncle the best of times with the RS4..
Enjoy!
Old 27th September 2007, 10:33   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sweet ride and congratulations to the two of you!
Old 27th September 2007, 10:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjallu View Post
Thats one hot looking Impreza ! Is that a OE head lamp ?
Why dont you ask him to paint the Alloys to Golden colour and brake calipers to red ? ....
Anyway congrats on the buy.
Phew ! , I can imagine how much you love your uncle
Old 27th September 2007, 11:43   #23
BHPian

great choice with the rs4. its a fun car for both road and track and comes with a nice manual tranny
Old 27th September 2007, 14:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Buddy . And To Your uncle Also. Nice Choice ! Kabhi Humein bhi dikha dena lolz. Just Joking. Rock oN!
Old 27th September 2007, 14:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice TJ ,the car looks awesome......Congrats.
Old 27th September 2007, 15:26   #26
BHPian

WoW!! That sure is a garage! RS4, Impreza n i guess that white car is a new gen S.
Old 27th September 2007, 15:49   #27
BANNED

Thanks you guys. He promised to give me the car for another day but when the engines is completely broken in. As for the Subaru its been sent to a local mod shop for some performance upgrades. Im not sure of the details though.
maxbhp: i will ask him about the lights im not really sure. As for the painting i've been begging him to make the rims golden, but he says it will be too much. I have few more pictures if your interested in seeing them.

fash_1: yup your right the white car is a new gen S. Heres a picture of the rest of the garage. Hes become some what of a petrol head. Almost like a mid-life crisis. Then again age doesn't really matter with cars right?

~TJ
Old 27th September 2007, 15:52   #28
BHPian

Congrats buddy..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
WoW!! That sure is a garage! RS4, Impreza n i guess that white car is a new gen S.

yep tats a new Gen S.
Old 27th September 2007, 17:10   #29
Team-BHP Support

congrats tjallu. excellent choice.
Old 27th September 2007, 17:38   #30
BHPian

tjallu :- Dude which bike is that red cruiser?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks