Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2008, 02:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

The original Octavia RS was launched here in the UK in 2001. That makes it 7 years old. Definitely don't consider that. As for the rest, it's best if others advice you. All I'm gonna say is, you're living quite large for a college student. W00t.
Old 10th January 2008, 09:33   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
you said u have an option to retain your skoda or buy a new car. which gives me an inpression that skoda is for your exclusive use. So could be the other cars that you listed.

if that is the case, and if you want to be cool, why not sell the skoda, add 15L to it and move up to imported segment like VW, BMW, mercedes, or the exclusive imports like subaru etc?

lastly, whether you do that or not, drive responsibly. that much of power can be disastrous on indian roads filled with footpath dwellers.
Well if i buy a new car my dad will take the existing skoda from me and my dad really wont buy me a car above 15 lakhs because he owns a civic automatic which came for 15 lakh when it was released in India :P ... so no inferior complex.
Old 10th January 2008, 10:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagarV View Post
Also mostly can u think of anything else to upgrade what do u think should i change the silencer of my car and put the one which is there in those sports vehicle which make awesome noise will it be too flashy ? also any suggestion on how to upgrade the engine of my car. in 1 lakh range ( how much bhp and how much sec pick up will increase )
Talk to Peter aka turboindia. (Pete's Performance Products)

Last edited by shuvd : 10th January 2008 at 10:54.
Old 10th January 2008, 12:01   #34

I dont know why so many people like Cedia here so much .. may be i should go and get a test drive or somethng.
Ok friends i spoke to Lalit a concerned person of Petes and he told me that they dont have upgrade for Cedia. Also he told me that he can get my skoda from 90 bhp to 125bhp in 35,000rs .. sounds good i think.

So now i am going for the following modification. Rio Kit, 17 inch rims, Petes upgrade
Doubts. Should i change the silencer to the one which makes noise ?
Should i put neon lights ?
SHould i change my suspension .. if yes then which ?
and can i fit 18inch rim to my skoda ?
Old 10th January 2008, 13:11   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well now i am really thinking of upgrading my existing car skoda 1.9 tdi as many people here have scraped that i should retain my old car and upgrade it. can u recommend me some cool upgrades which i should go for as of now i am gonna go for rio kit and 17inch rims. Also mostly can u think of anything else to upgrade what do u think should i change the silencer of my car and put the one which is there in those sports vehicle which make awesome noise will it be too flashy ? also any suggestion on how to upgrade the engine of my car. in 1 lakh range ( how much bhp and how much sec pick up will increase )
petes are the people for it. just to to their site and contact them. they are the best for skodas.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:18   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Doubts. Should i change the silencer to the one which makes noise ?
I think that should be given utmost importance, otherwise how will people notice the rest of the car. Just kidding, no offense meant!
Old 10th January 2008, 16:28   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
More like 18 OTR..but yes still bad!!
But then again its a GM..he just gotta wait a few months!

Elito
@Elito, 18 OTR for the lowest trim. News from Auto Expo (courtesy: CNBC-TV18 bulletin last evening) that the base trim Captiva will be 17.26 lacs ex-showroom. Yes, he might have to wait a few months for the Captiva.
Old 11th January 2008, 16:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

you have the options as mentioed above

it depends on your personality that you want to project
so you see

the people who respect a modded civic or laura will not appreciate the gentlemans image of the sonata embera

so if you want to be a cool dude it has to be modded laura or civic
if you want to projrct a more formal high stature image then sonata embera is the only option you have
Old 12th January 2008, 12:16   #39

I dont know whats the problem with my dad ... he is not ready to remove 2 lakhs for skoda ... he says he dont want to put any money in old car now as its 4 years old. Weird.... he told me go buy a new car or use the skoda as it is. no modds and all.

Lancer Cedia doesnt have that much power na.. (my dad not letting me modd my old car skoda so its understandable he wont let me modd the new car too)
Sonata Embera gives a executive look.
Tucson is so expensive (OTR)
New Captiva is also 18 lakhs (OTR)

dont want a Skoda. Already have a honda city, civic, optra in family. Are other people also so confused when they go out to buy a car ?

So help me guys Lancer Cedia is what i should go for ? my age is 21 and i will have to use this car for atleast next 3 years till the EMI gets over. I want power :( and Cedia i guess doesnt have that much.
Old 12th January 2008, 12:29   #40

Ok let me make it easy for u guys.

If ur a 21 year old college student. want style and power in ur car.
U already have a good audio system and dont want new 1.
U get 14 lakhs to buy a car but the condition is that u cant modd it then which car wuld u go for ?
Old 12th January 2008, 14:06   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Ok let me make it easy for u guys.

If ur a 21 year old college student. want style and power in ur car.
U already have a good audio system and dont want new 1.
U get 14 lakhs to buy a car but the condition is that u cant modd it then which car wuld u go for ?
easy one the optra magnum diesel lt(top end) for 11.5lakhs
121 bhp,0-100 in 9.8 secs,all 4 wheel disk brks,abs,alpines music system,leather -seats,doors,steering,gear shift lever,tubeless tyres with alloys
u still have 3.5 lakhs to mod it
Old 8th April 2008, 23:05   #42
BHPian

I like this guy as well as his dad!!!. . Your dad is smart in saying what he says!!.Although we wouldnt like it that way.

I suggest you buy a Laura Ambiente for now. Then you get a new car. you can live with that for a year. And then you get a petes box for under 50K. And then put in a Laura RS body kit. Do it step by step , so that you have something to do when you get bored. If you do everything in one go, you will get bored and would be stuck with it.
Old 9th April 2008, 01:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
See i have 2 options.

Option 1 : I can upgrade my skoda ..

Option 2 : My dad has agreed to buy me a new car basically in a range of 15 lakhs. So i can buy a RS 1.8 skoda
for the option 1:
how about pete's stage III mods??? plus body kit.
I have a vague Idea: koni suspension, brembo brakes, power 150 to 200 bhp!!!
You can contact peter on this.

option 2: Skoda RS though looks same as other octavia, the Yellow one definitely looks different. Also the stage III mods are available for the RS. I think the power numbers are around 200 to 250. Also you can include the body kit.

(if I am wrong, anyone can correct me)

raj.
Old 9th April 2008, 02:21   #44
BHPian

i think people need to start reading the entire thread before posting...

@SagarV try to add a little to that, and get the Accord V6, it's got plenty of power, and the facelifted version IMO looks better than the next gen Accord.

If this is not acceptable, then the next best option would be to buy Abix's cedia...you will definately love it. You'll be the talk of the town [well college] it's on sale for around 10 lakhs,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ni-evo-19.html

Last edited by DocG : 9th April 2008 at 02:25.
Old 9th April 2008, 18:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
dont buy a new car now.

Pete's Performance Products

see that. get the remap and a carbonio cold air intake. then you can upgrade the suspension to konis or bilstein(if available). also get a bodykit from rio and 17" rims and your good to go for 2 years till you get another car.

totally agree with Akshay. Provided of course your dad is ok with giving out the funds for refurbishing the car.

I have a remapped Octavia 1.9 TDi & believe you me, the remap will make you very happy. The difference in performance is tremendous. Plus the remap & all the other mods you are thinking of will fit well within your budget.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 9th April 2008 at 18:49.

Most Viewed