Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2008, 01:39   #1

I am confused help ... which car 14 - 16 lakh.

Hello my dear friends.

I currently own a skoda 1.9 tdi ambiente (4 years old)
This is the Car Music system i have.
2 12inch CVR kicker Subwoofer boombox,
1000 Watt soundstream amplifier only powering the woofers,
Phoenix gold component spekers at the front side and Kicker component speaker at the Read side .. Powered with 240 watt soundstream amplifier,
Pioneer panel and bose capacitor.

See i have 2 options.

Option 1 : I can upgrade my skoda .. give it to rio for bumpers, spoilers, etc and with good 17inch rims .. with neon lights and little more upgrade ... also the skoda i have is ambiente very old version and i guess it does not have much power ... i have rode RS 1.8 and its freaking awesome .. so after driving RS 1.8 i wanted power too and i removed info from people that how to upgrade 1.9 tdi engine .. and people said its not worth to do work on 1.9 tdi as it will be costly.

Option 2 : My dad has agreed to buy me a new car basically in a range of 15 lakhs. So i can buy a RS 1.8 skoda but RS 1.8 was launched 4 years back and so its a old skoda car .. and again using a skoda can be quite boring and that too which is as old as 4 years. I was thinking about Laura but Laura doesnt have RS in it and it looks very same as Skoda Octavia and even if Laura comes with a RS version it wont be less than 18 lakhs which i cant afford. I was thinking about Hyundai Tuscan a sexy looking SUV for a college going student like me .. but again they have increased the cost of TUSCAN to 19 lakhs which is freaking insane for a Hyundai car.

I have nice opportunity to buy a new car and i am totally confused which one to go for. also if i upgrade my old skoda i wont be able to buy a new car for next 2 years as i will put about 2 lakhs on upgrades itself. So plz help me and tell me is there any good car which i should look for .. By the way i already own a civic, honda city, optra, santro, so all these cars are out of option. I hope u guys will be able to help me

U all guys rock man. Thanks for ur time. awaiting ur replies.
Old 8th January 2008, 10:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why not get a tuning box for the TDi? Or better yet, get a remap done. Add a cold air intake and you should be happy. These upgrades won't cost you 2 lakhs. There are many cars in the market within the 15 lakh ceiling. But, few can match the Octy's handling.

Last edited by shuvd : 8th January 2008 at 10:10.
Old 8th January 2008, 10:18   #3
BHPian

You can try looking for a used Tucson. Just might get a good deal!

Else <15 L there are

1. Grand Vitara (cool factor)
2. GM Captiva (about to be launched - guessing it would be near 15L)
3. Accord 2.4

Vitara would be expensive to run due to low FE and petrol engine. But since u seemed keen on a SUV and Style..u can look at it. If you do not mind a second hand car...15L could fetch you some gr8 deals.

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 8th January 2008 at 10:20.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:42   #4
Team-BHP Support

dont buy a new car now.

Pete's Performance Products

see that. get the remap and a carbonio cold air intake. then you can upgrade the suspension to konis or bilstein(if available). also get a bodykit from rio and 17" rims and your good to go for 2 years till you get another car.
Old 8th January 2008, 12:48   #5
BHPian

If you can wait for 6-8months, then I am sure you will have a better option.
An idea is , if you can wait for new Accord to come out then I am sure the old one will go on a stock sale and you could pick up a present gen accord for maybe 14-15lakhs brand new if thats ok with you

But wait
Old 8th January 2008, 17:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

For 16Lacs, you can get a Laura Ambiente and Pete it.

If performance is what your looking at, get the Magnum.
Old 8th January 2008, 22:08   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Why not get a tuning box for the TDi? Or better yet, get a remap done. Add a cold air intake and you should be happy. These upgrades won't cost you 2 lakhs. There are many cars in the market within the 15 lakh ceiling. But, few can match the Octy's handling.
If i upgrade my car ... around 1.20 lakh will be used for rio upgrade and the rims and tires. If i do the above upgrade the cool air and all how much BHP will increase and will that increase in BHP increase the pick of my car. Yes there are many cars but most of them are old models just with little changes and hardly any fast car is there for 15 lakhs.
Old 8th January 2008, 22:13   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
You can try looking for a used Tucson. Just might get a good deal!

Else <15 L there are

1. Grand Vitara (cool factor)
2. GM Captiva (about to be launched - guessing it would be near 15L)
3. Accord 2.4

Vitara would be expensive to run due to low FE and petrol engine. But since u seemed keen on a SUV and Style..u can look at it. If you do not mind a second hand car...15L could fetch you some gr8 deals.

Elito
I dont want a used car because used things always gives me a bad feeling. I want something which is my own and never used by anyone else before.
I read Autocar and i saw Captiva seems to be a good car. but no idea when it will be launched and i dont know how the performance of that car is.
I wont go for accord bcaz accord is a old car with little changes . they just change little style of the car and re launch it every year.

Grand vitara seems to be cool car but only 5kmpl is sad for a car of my age (21 only)

Also what about Mistubushi Lancer Evolutuion X (300 bhp) any idea when it will be launched in india ?
Old 8th January 2008, 22:17   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
dont buy a new car now.

Pete's Performance Products

see that. get the remap and a carbonio cold air intake. then you can upgrade the suspension to konis or bilstein(if available). also get a bodykit from rio and 17" rims and your good to go for 2 years till you get another car.
Is petes upgrade reliable and what if they charge me more. I am unknown to the rates and wont even come to know if they charge me more.
Theres one place in andheri who has petes product but i am not sure if they will be able to guide me properly about what upgrades are needed and what are not. and if i upgrade with petes upgrade like assume i am ready to spend 1 lakh how much BHP will increase and how much the pick up of the car and all.
Old 8th January 2008, 22:19   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
If you can wait for 6-8months, then I am sure you will have a better option.
An idea is , if you can wait for new Accord to come out then I am sure the old one will go on a stock sale and you could pick up a present gen accord for maybe 14-15lakhs brand new if thats ok with you

But wait
I will never get a old model of any car . it really turns me off. ALso do u have any idea about the Mistubushi Lancer EVolution X about when its going to release in India and how much they will be charging and how they will change the car to suite the indian fuel.
Old 8th January 2008, 22:21   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

I am using skoda for some time now and again using a skoda car be very boring i guess. dont u think. Peope need change

Also Laura doesnt have that much power and the bad part with Laura is that they have a base model for 13 lakhs and the upmost for 18 lakhs and both looks same . ofcoz the 18 lakhs model has good features but isnt it a turn off the see a guy who payed 13 lakh have a same car like u. Also if Laura comes up with a RS version then i may think for buying it.
Old 8th January 2008, 22:22   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

MY brother already has a optra ( normal ) and again i wont like to get a car which looks same as the one my brother has.
Old 9th January 2008, 10:33   #13
BHPian

Do you have any existing car/suv model sold in India in mind ?
I dind't get your description of the ICE ? Do you plan to move it to your new car when you dispose off the existing or since you have all setup done and effort already into it, that you prefer to retain this car and see if you can improve the performance ?

College folks are really attached to theirs autos and haven't seen anybody buy a new one, usually end up with a mod job.

You should really try out a custom paint job. and keep working on the existing car. ****-your-ride

add to it suspension lifting-lowering as in those old chevys.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 9th January 2008 at 10:38.
Old 9th January 2008, 10:59   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagarV View Post
Is petes upgrade reliable and what if they charge me more. I am unknown to the rates and wont even come to know if they charge me more.
Theres one place in andheri who has petes product but i am not sure if they will be able to guide me properly about what upgrades are needed and what are not. and if i upgrade with petes upgrade like assume i am ready to spend 1 lakh how much BHP will increase and how much the pick up of the car and all.
they wont charge you extra. it is very reliable. believe me.
Old 9th January 2008, 13:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

how does a Cedia sound if its not compulsory to spent 15. It would look nice and sporty with some nice mods to the bumpers and skirting.

Last edited by dipen : 9th January 2008 at 13:02.

Most Viewed