Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2008, 14:09   #16
BHPian

How about a Hyundai Sonata Embera diesel? a full size luxury car, not many sold, so you can still have the exclusivity factor, get gr8 discounts and service.
Old 9th January 2008, 15:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
How about a Hyundai Sonata Embera diesel? a full size luxury car, not many sold, so you can still have the exclusivity factor, get gr8 discounts and service.
I agree. It is also one of the most spacious. A colleague owns a petrol version, and I could barely hear the engine from inside. It also has a cool interior.
Not sure of the diesel version though. Only matter of concern is that only 28 Sonatas were sold in December all over India.
Old 9th January 2008, 15:20   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

My my, i never thought that somebody is ready to spend 15L and the options are so few

For a college going student, I'd recommend a yellow Cedia sport with all mods that you can think of ( including cosmetic changes like an Evo) and still save some change.

I am sure you would be the cynosure of all those girls that you want to impress, if that's what the end result desired
Old 9th January 2008, 16:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

I will recommend the vRS
Old 9th January 2008, 18:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Looking at your profile and the other cars you own i would suggest get something different. Something like Civic and mod it.
Old 9th January 2008, 20:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Try getting a Laura Ambiente and then pimp it up further by adding some 17'' Bling Alloys & DVD Screens etc etc.

You get a modern car and the Diesel advantage too. All for 15 Lacs. Mission Accomplished !!!
Old 9th January 2008, 22:21   #22
BHPian

Hi

Seems some of you have skipped his posts. He does not want a civic or a Laura.

IMO the only option as of now is the Captiva. With the slew new launches expected in 2008..i would suggest you wait for a few months.

BTW..is Tuscon really 19L!! ru sure?

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 9th January 2008 at 22:35.
Old 9th January 2008, 22:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
IMO the only option as of now is the Captiva. With the slew new launches expected in 2008..it would suggest you wait for a few months.

BTW..is Tuscon really 19L!! ru sure?

Elito
Captiva will be 20+ OTR
Old 9th January 2008, 22:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Captiva will be 20+ OTR
More like 18 OTR..but yes still bad!!
But then again its a GM..he just gotta wait a few months!

Elito
Old 10th January 2008, 00:45   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My my, i never thought that somebody is ready to spend 15L and the options are so few

For a college going student, I'd recommend a yellow Cedia sport with all mods that you can think of ( including cosmetic changes like an Evo) and still save some change.

I am sure you would be the cynosure of all those girls that you want to impress, if that's what the end result desired
Well now i am really thinking of upgrading my existing car skoda 1.9 tdi as many people here have scraped that i should retain my old car and upgrade it. can u recommend me some cool upgrades which i should go for as of now i am gonna go for rio kit and 17inch rims. Also mostly can u think of anything else to upgrade what do u think should i change the silencer of my car and put the one which is there in those sports vehicle which make awesome noise will it be too flashy ? also any suggestion on how to upgrade the engine of my car. in 1 lakh range ( how much bhp and how much sec pick up will increase )
Old 10th January 2008, 00:47   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
More like 18 OTR..but yes still bad!!
But then again its a GM..he just gotta wait a few months!

Elito
Well for some reason i dont think Captiva is that appealing .. i need to check the engine and all of the car and only after test drive i will come to know how it really is. Mostly i am awaiting for is Mistubishi Lancer evo x
Old 10th January 2008, 01:54   #27
BANNED

what about honda accord v6 229 hourse power

hi
what about honda accord v6 engined
cost approx 17 lakhs would be interesting to check this car
narry
Old 10th January 2008, 01:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

well your good options are lancer cedia or accord or sonata embera diesel and pete it!

if you want the performance equivalent to RS skoda then you should get one of the above cars and mod them! modding the current skoda will not offer as good performance!

well how good is peted verna? i am guessing the peted verna will give you good performance with the ABS version!

Last edited by rider60 : 10th January 2008 at 02:00.
Old 10th January 2008, 01:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

you said u have an option to retain your skoda or buy a new car. which gives me an inpression that skoda is for your exclusive use. So could be the other cars that you listed.

if that is the case, and if you want to be cool, why not sell the skoda, add 15L to it and move up to imported segment like VW, BMW, mercedes, or the exclusive imports like subaru etc?

lastly, whether you do that or not, drive responsibly. that much of power can be disastrous on indian roads filled with footpath dwellers.
Old 10th January 2008, 02:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

just checked the micro sites for the tech specs and prices as well,well in the 15lac budget you can get the two cars either lancer cedia or the verna abs the comparision is below in the link should help you decide under the 15lac budget!

Mitsubishi Cedia Sports vs Hyundai Verna VGT CRDi SX ABS vs Honda Accord 2.4 VTi-L MT | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com India

EDIT: the peted verna goes to 130bhp! and with a custom added exhaust more power!
also instead of spending so much get a RED GETZ CDRi VGT prime 110BHP ABS for 7lacs! and pete it to 130bhp the same verna engine in a better handler, as i hear the suspension is remade for better stability!

Last edited by rider60 : 10th January 2008 at 02:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks