Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2008, 23:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
If I'd had that kind of money, I'd look nowhere else. Only the M3 will do. Only the M3 will do. Only the M3 will do. Only the M3 will do.

Dont buy a used E, your better off with a C, then a used E. Please tell us about your donwpaymet. I read adverts recently saying E Class for 48k EMI, now that depends on the dp as well.

Isint interest 15% on the higher side?

If i was in your postion with the same budget, with my eyes closed i would have bought a 325i.
Old 26th January 2008, 12:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Beemers are now being offered with a 3 year & 5 year bumper to bumper program covering all parts (except tyres) and services for Rs 1.5 lacs to 3lacs. I suggest if you buy the beemer replace with normal tubeless tyres this is mostly done for free as the runflats are expensive and the tyre dealer gains from the margin...your ride will be better without runflat....I am a merc freak so I will always say go for a merc and nothing less than an E....I have heard horror stories from other merc owners but I owned one and never had any issues with the service or dealers (mind you I drove all over western India)...but then being a car enthu I drive in an informed, engaged and alert fashion and ensure I am very involved with the maintaince or else the sevice guys will @#*k you which is true of all german car dealers including Skoda. I suggest look for a good E270 or E280 CDI 2005 to 2007 with less than 20K and you will be fine....I spoke to many workshop staff and they all say 99% of merc owners don't know didly squate about driving leave alone a high performance sedan....most of their drivers are idiots as well.....best of luck

Another word of caution if you go with Merc....the Mumbai dealers think curtomers are still fools and every one who walks through their door won the lottery or inherited money without working for it.....they will show as if you are dum or else act dum.....buy pre-used from them only if the car is a year old with few miles or else they will take you on one long long ride.
Old 26th January 2008, 17:59   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitriol View Post
GTO This is like my chance to buy a dream car, would you rather have owned a Mercedes/BMW or a Mitsubishi?

Besides, I would really really like to fit it into a 3 year lease hence the 30 lac (approx) price point.
Trust me, just TD the Montero once. Its a great machine. That said, of course the badge of the BMW / Merc has far greating pulling power than a Mitsu. There is also no doubt that the Montero is overpriced, due to import duties (CBU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitriol View Post
1. Cost of maintainence? (Service costs of 5 series / E class)?
2. Cost of removing dings/scratches? Driving in bombay is a bitch.
3. Cost of financing? What are you guys who financed a large car paying for theirs? (i.e. EMI vs Car On Road Price)

I'd like to look at fitting the total cost of ownership (not including fuel) in that 1 lac
BMW will offer you a complete ownership plan, that takes care of almost everything for about 1.5 - 2 lacs. This covers a 5 year duration and is a must-have, considering the expensive parts and services of all German brands.

Within the 30 lakh price range, it is the 320D that I'd recommend to you. The A4 is nonsense, while a fresh new C-Class is best avoided. If you don't mind used, then a E270 / E280 CDI.

Within the 40 - 50 lakh price range, the 525D it is. Take your pic!
Old 26th January 2008, 18:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

BMW will offer you a complete ownership plan, that takes care of almost everything for about 1.5 - 2 lacs. This covers a 5 year duration and is a must-have, considering the expensive parts and services of all German brands.

Within the 30 lakh price range, it is the 320D that I'd recommend to you. The A4 is nonsense, while a fresh new C-Class is best avoided. If you don't mind used, then a E270 / E280 CDI.

@ GTO

Could you be so kind as to qualify that statement "The A4 is nonsense" It would help me greatly as I am considering the A4 or the BMW 320d

Thanks
Old 26th January 2008, 18:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitriol
what did I do to rile you so? Why is this thread infra dig?
Hey, nothing wrong with this thread and neither is it infra-dig. It is just that cars above 7-8lakhs do not interest me enough to own them. I do love watching them on the road, but don't want to own them. That's why I usually don't post on such threads - but your 1lac-per-month title just brought me here. No offense, buddy.

And I do see your point about needing only a sedan. Am sure the guys here will guide you to the best set of wheels in your budget.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 26th January 2008 at 18:49.
Old 26th January 2008, 19:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

No offences to anyone but 3 series is plain ugly, A4 is teutonic, to some its even boring, plain jane, new C class to me is the best bet.

If Alfa Romeo was in the market, I would have chosen the 156. Its looks absolutely drop dead gorgeous. I can buy this thing for its looks alone, the best looking saloon car in the world.
Old 26th January 2008, 19:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

I read adverts recently saying E Class for 48k EMI,

must be under the bullet scheme. the c (old version) itself used to cost roughly 50k per month.
Old 26th January 2008, 22:02   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Think,think,think...test drive,test drive,test drive...and then contemplate some more before you decide. Trust me, the "chase"of your dream car is an exhillllllllllllllarating experience specially when you have such tempting choices ! So take your time, but dont take our word for it, go out there and test drive each and every option.
I did so too and finally zeroed in on the BMW 525d which was an easy winner. So yes like GTO said, if your budget allows you look no further than the 525d ... it thrills me each day. Here is my review to help you decide or confuse you more http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-bmw-525d.html
But if you are not that power hungry,the 523i is great value and a decent performer overall a brilliant package too.
However, i dont think the 5 series would fit into your budget of 1 lak EMI

Check out the new C220 CDi, i personally prefer it over the 320d but i have had some scary history with the C-class so i am not a 100% sure if its a wise idea to buy now. The A4 is on a big discount now, which is the only reason why i would suggest it besides that it doesnt really come close to its competition.
Old 28th January 2008, 14:31   #24
BHPian

How can anything ever made can be better (strictly in this budget) than a BMW 5 series E class is for OLD people until not equipped with BRABUS Kit rest choice finally lies with the buyer
Old 29th January 2008, 13:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

merc's are too common now....

would stretch the budget and instead of the M3 would have gone for a boxster
Old 29th January 2008, 13:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well before all the suggestions pour in, the first thing you need to decide is whether you need a sporty car or a luxurious car with lots of space or an SUV. The suggestions are only valid once you decide what is your priority.
Old 29th January 2008, 14:03   #27
BHPian

You Can Do The 525d

@vitriolA 50 lakh loan for 5 years at 13% will cost you only 1.1lakhs per month.45 lakh will be 99.8k. Hence you can indeed do the 525D with a 45lakh loan and rest as a down payment. Do the 5, you will enjoy it. Vijay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks