Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2008, 01:39   #16
Team-BHP Support

highways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattusbs View Post
I meant, in Germany (and rest of Europe), the left-most lane is only for passing (overtaking as called in India), immediately one moves to the right lane to let another (faster) car pass.
Yes, they do drive like good little boys and girls in parts of Europe - it's frustrating to a person used to chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattusbs
The driving habits in the US stink - people sitting on the left most lane, going merrily along as if on an afternoon stroll
That - and there's also people trying to run you off the road - it works both ways.

Can't beat our Indian highways! Sometimes very lovely to drive on but filled with enough obstacles (human & otherwise) to keep one awake.

Enough of hijacking shivaspreddy's thread!
Old 16th April 2008, 15:15   #17
BHPian

Thanks a lot for all of you. Sure, I will share my experience and post some pictures.
Old 31st January 2010, 17:50   #18
BHPian

Buying used car in Germany

Hello all,

I am planning to buy a used car here in Germany. With the number of options available here I am confused on what to buy.

* I am more leaning towards buying a German brand - A4, BMW, or VW (Can't really afford a Porche) I hope this would guarantee me some resale value in Germany.
* A 2.0L engine would be fine (maybe even a 1.6L).
* A 4/5 door Limo
* 2007 to 2009 model
* Run less than 50K kms
* Performance on Autobahn and ride quality is important
* Fuel efficiency in the range of 7lts-8lts/100kms (combined)
* Planning to shell out a max of 15K Euros

Can anyone having experience in buying a used car in Germany please guide me here?

I have checked out some options at AutoScout24 Europas Automarkt für Gebrauchtwagen und Neuwagen and mobile.de - Deutschlands größter Fahrzeugmarkt. Suchen, kaufen oder verkaufen Sie Neu- und Gebrauchtwagen.

Thanks,

Nirmal
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying used car in Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Hello all,

I am planning to buy a used car here in Germany. With the number of options available here I am confused on what to buy.
Hi Nirmal,

So did you finally buy a car in Germany? Could you post your experiences of buying a car here?

Prost
Spike

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks