Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 07:58   #31
BHPian

An update here::
Just returned from a test drive of a new Mazda 3 Sedan from the local Mazda dealership. I had set my eyes on a couple of used Mazda3s, but they got sold off pretty quickly.

My company has a tie up with Mazda (and other Ford products) and that enabled me to get a special Invoice price. This, coupled with a dealer discount and finance discount (discount of $500 if financed through Mazda Finance). The final on-road price is coming to $1500 less than the TMV price quoted on edmunds.com . The warranty offered is standard: 3yr/30000miles.

I am almost decided on a Copper Red Mica Mazda3. I personally wanted a Black one, but they do not have one in 2L manual. Interestingly, the final price I am paying is only $2000 more than the used 2005 Mazda3 having 45+K miles on the odo.

I had a shortish test drive, but liked the responsiveness of the car. It felt well planted and the engine seemed rev-happy. The driving position is good with good visibility. The quality of interiors also seemed ok. The engine seemed to be a little loud and the gear shift a bit notchy, but I guess, things would start improving once the car is run in properly. All controls are nicely placed.
I will probably go to the dealership again over the weekend for an elaborate test drive. In the mean time, need to get some internal documentation sorted out.

Will keep you all posted. Pics will come soon.
Old 4th June 2008, 08:17   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
You are right, what did you have to spend the 4k on? transmission work was it?

I did not realise he was on a such a tight budget.
No-no major mechanical failures.It was AC repair and some minor dent work. $2600 labour charge($1800 of it for AC repairs alone) I did the mistake of having my dealer do it though- trusted them after servicing the car there for more than 4 years.Warrenty period I should say is an excellent experience.
To Saurabh-12+K for a 2005 Mazada 3 may be a little over its value unless in excellent shape.I agree with superlegga on KBB and Edmunds. Yahoo autos lists local cars.Also check out Carmax if there is one in your locality.
Old 16th June 2008, 00:01   #33
BHPian

Hi,

Here's an update. Got the Mazda3 day before yesterday. Started a new thread in the Initial Ownership reports section.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...omes-home.html

Mods: Please move the thread if that section is only meant for cars in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks